Sponsored by:

South Central Rendezvous 2005 == Registration is open!! ==

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Morrie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up South Central Rendezvous 2005 == Registration is open!! ==

I am very excited to announce that registration for the South Central Rendezvous is officially open! The website gives all the details, but let me go over a few highlights here that I am particularly excited about!

First, the basics:
When: May 20th-22nd, 2005
Where: Midland, Texas
Who: All 912, 356, and Early S Registry fans and friends
What: A spring gathering of family and friends to share our love of early Porsche cars and have some good clean fun!
Web details and Registration:
http://www.texas912.org/20050501%20S...Rendezvous.htm

Some Details:
We're going to see the local wing of the Commemorative Air Force. Many of us have heard of them by their former name, the Confederate Air Force. The name has changed, but the group is the same. This particular group, based out of Midland, has an incredible collection of aircraft and history.

We are also going to visit the Petroleum Museum, which houses the Jim Hall Chaparral Museum. This Museum has tons of things to offer about the history of the oil industry in west Texas, along with the race car stuff from Mr. Hall. In looking at the website, I think there is something there that anyone and everyone will find interesting.

Saturday night we will be having a banquet with drawings. We currently have some big sponsors, like the 912 Registry, Lone Star 912, Pelican Parts, EuroEast, Mayo Performance, and Paragon, just to name a few. We already have hundreds of dollars in prizes, and its growing every day. I can almost guarantee that nobody will go away empty handed.

Come and enjoy the premiere 912 Event west of the Rockies, meet old and new friends from the 912, 911, and 356 communities, and make some great memories!

See ya'all soon!

Morrie Larson
Regional Coordinator
Lone Star 912
http://www.texas912.org
Old 04-04-2005, 05:11 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't see the option to register without bringing a car. Can I still participate if I am not bringing a car?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Morrie
Intermediate

Hi Daniel,

You absolutely can come if you do not have a car. Just note that you have the 87 944S and in comments just state that because the car is down, you'll be taking your daily driver. The registration fee helps us support deposits, supplies, and keeps the club going.

Hope to see you there! If you are ever down in Cedar Park/Austin, look me up!

Morrie
Old 04-04-2005, 06:30 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Morrie...

Not to change the subject, but are you driving down to Boerne on Saturday for the 356 Registry Car Show??? We'd love to see you two again!!!

JoAnne
Old 04-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Morrie
Intermediate

Hi JoAnne,

I am hoping to make it. I have been helping a friend put a 67 912 motor into his 64 SC and it has me in the mood. Saturday from 10am to 2pm... I'm going to send a mailing to the Lone Star 912 guys to see if anyone is going to join me.

Who is going, Max or Helga?

Morrie
Old 04-05-2005, 11:34 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 341 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Morrie
Hi JoAnne,

I am hoping to make it. I have been helping a friend put a 67 912 motor into his 64 SC and it has me in the mood. Saturday from 10am to 2pm... I'm going to send a mailing to the Lone Star 912 guys to see if anyone is going to join me.

Who is going, Max or Helga?

Morrie

MAX....

Quick Reply: South Central Rendezvous 2005 == Registration is open!! ==