Sponsored by:

CGT Prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 05:30 PM
speef
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by cgt04115
Anyone with a brain can see the 911's are in a bubble so I will give you that. Its not new news at all my man and it underscores EXACTLY why a CGT is not in that category of a bubble valuation.

Moving on, values aside, your now talking thirst for yeild!!?!?!?!

Last time I checked, my car didnt spit change out its *** while I was driving. If you want to talk about rates and yields cars are not analogous, at all. No one looking to buy something with yield turns to a freaking car dude. It may correlate on the basis of risk appetite for some but not most at this level, and certainly not a substitute for yield. The value of money goes down over time thats a fact, hard assets over time do well if its the right asset.

These dudes are rich. Its a toy and they would rather have a portion of their assets in a "store of value" thats tactile, and portable. Its not about the car continuing to appreciate at those levels. Some cars a true collectibles others get bid up like stupid 911 variants in a run up.

What collectible cars do you currently have?
that's not what I mean at all... the thirst for yield has pushed up asset prices, tangible assets prices, away from paper assets, everywhere... at the top end, and I think you agree with that... clearly you don't buy a CGT for yield, but the fact other assets you may own, like your home, possibly your gold, other rare cars, as well as any economic activity you maybe involved in that is indirectly linked to financial markets, which these days is everything, if all that has appreciated it makes it easier for people to afford the premium... it's the wealth affect at the top end... in 2009 CGTs corrected I think to about $300k, some slightly below, I think $275k was the lowest I saw... I bought mine in the low 3s and sold it in the low 4s, not because I didn't like it, on the contrary it was probably the best car I ever drove outside a track car, but because I felt bad driving it as much as I did... and I didn't want it sitting... anyway, collection includes mostly analog German and Italian cars and a couple of antique planes... if you're in the Bay Area pm me and drop by ...
Old 10-02-2016, 11:47 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Last edited by nuvolari612; 10-02-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:24 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

I love when we get into managed micro-Econ discussions in regards to CGT.

"Investing" in cars basically means you are targeting a future price as an alternative investment. The only benefit of that is if you are willing to sell them eventually.

If you really want a yield or to make money in the car industry you have to be a dealer, not a collector. Collecting truly rare and special cars means you have to beat a lot of people to the punch, restore incredibly unique and special cars, and maintain them. The investment can be so high that it marginalizes your ROI.

ALTERNATIVELY- you can just make money working, and buy really cool cars, enjoy them, and then sell when you run out of space or can 1031 exchange into something better. And be happy and not troll Rennlist.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:20 AM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

"Investing" in cars basically means you are targeting a future price as an alternative investment. The only benefit of that is if you are willing to sell them eventually.

If you really want a yield or to make money in the car industry you have to be a dealer, not a collector. Collecting truly rare and special cars means you have to beat a lot of people to the punch, restore incredibly unique and special cars, and maintain them. The investment can be so high that it marginalizes your ROI.

ALTERNATIVELY- you can just make money working, and buy really cool cars, enjoy them, and then sell when you run out of space or can 1031 exchange into something better. And be happy and not troll Rennlist.
Post of the year right there. NO ONE has said it better.
God bless!
Old 10-05-2016, 02:47 AM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any one that does not understand that the prices of cars are ultimately 100% manipulated by the collective dealer market - who represent the house in this game - should never be speculating in the market.

The house wins or loses but there is always another car ... this is not the case for "collectors" or other speculators.

So buy it to own it .. or stay out of it.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:23 AM
ByeEnzo
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 78 Posts

Word, bro!
Old 10-05-2016, 10:04 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

DROPS MIC
Old 10-05-2016, 10:26 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Perfection!

This thread is very informative for both buyers / sellers nice to see that value retained.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:26 PM
mrcarlosspicey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it looks as if everyone is enjoying themselves. Off topic, does anyone know what color this CGT is? It appears to be the Pure orange car but I am not sure.

Also could be Rosso Scuderia, the painted spokes look to be a deep red.
Attached Images   
Old 10-10-2016, 08:31 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by mrcarlosspicey
Well, it looks as if everyone is enjoying themselves. Off topic, does anyone know what color this CGT is? It appears to be the Pure orange car but I am not sure.

Hard to tell from the pics but I think it's the Rosso Scuderia one. There is an orange one but I don't believe it had any paint on the wheels.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:36 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrcarlosspicey

its the rosso
Old 10-10-2016, 09:46 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Rosso Scuderia. 1 of 1. It was for sale a few times in the past 3 years. I was offered the car in Jan 2014 asking $545,000. I think it had something like $70,000 in extras on it.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:59 PM
mrcarlosspicey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I am compiling a PTS CGT list on VINwiki for those of you interested. So far I have W8MM's Signal yellow car, the Rosso Scuderia CG listed above, and the Arancio Borealis CGT.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:58 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

This goes back to when I was offered on 3/29/14 at 650k

2005 Carrera GT in color to sample Ferrari Scuderia Red with a black interior 412 miles
OPTIONS
color to sample
carbon fiber steering wheel
carbon fiber shift ****
aluminum speakers
Scuderia Red painted wheels
silver calipers
One of the newest CGT's only one this color.

2005 Carrera GT
TOPCLR
Exterior Paint to Sample Non-Metallic
INTERI
DZ
Black Carpeting
OPTION
Bucket Seat
OPTION
Bucket Seat
OPTION
Full Body Cover
OPTION
Adjustable Temperature Control
OPTION
Luggage Set Dark Grey
OPTION
HD Radio® Receiver
OPTION
Paint to Sample Carrera GT
OPTION
Carrera GT Custom Tailoring
OPTION
GAC
production.
OPTION
GAG
finished in Carbon Fiber.
OPTION
GBA
choosing option Z2500.
OPTION
GBX
Brake Caliper Coated in Silver
OPTION
GCB
Wheels Painted in Ext. Color
BDYCLR
Exterior Paint to Sample Non-M
Old 10-12-2016, 12:02 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

$2500 for that paint... Back when paint to sample on Porsche's hypercar didn't start at $60k and go up from there like on 918. Porsche has gotten smart.. they realize wealth in the world has exploded and the sense of value in things has completely evaporated.

Quick Reply: CGT Prices