Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 03:29 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

I will say... in the whole 2.5 laps that I did manage to complete yesterday - the car w/DSC Sport and Bilsteins felt pretty damned fantastic.

I did one other track event with it back over Memorial Day, but that's before I knew what that little "DSC Sport" box was, that was (literally) just dangling in the back trunk area. The car was all over the place at that event and I attributed it to me just not being accustomed to an aggressively-set-up car.

Yesterday the car was SUPER easy to drive. Tires had just started to get some heat in them and I was on the bumper of a KTM X-Bow (on something much stickier than I was) when things went BOOM but I was having a blast just getting warmed up.

Fingers are crossed I'm able to make another event this year before the snow flies...
Old 08-24-2016, 05:01 PM
ttdan
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
I have never heard of this issue before. If this issue didn't occur on the previous car, then I'd recommend unplugging the unit, visually inspect the connector pins, then leave the unit unplugged for few hours(to clear the buffer) then install the unit again(make sure ignition key is out).

1) The 2-mode firmware is much more refined in its operation; like the difference between iphone 4 and iphone 6.
2) Current DSC Tuning Software doesn't support older 3-mode firmware for 997. So if you prefer 3-mode you have to like it as is, since tuning custom tuning isn't currently supported for this version.
3) The 2-mode firmware has a feature called Reverse G Table. Within a user defined range of g force and within is user defined rate of g force change, the use can define a default damping % for comfort. For example, you can make the damping resistance to be only 1% when g force is under 0.3g and with less than 20% g rate change for comfort. But if you exceed 0.3g and/or exceed the 20% rate of change the system will command with the values that are in the "normal" G Table. This is truly revolutionary next-gen supercars technology that you can have today!

I think any one with 3-mode should take advantage of our free upgrade to 2-mode while the offer stands. I am not pushing this to make money since we actually don't 'cause we do it for free. If anything its more work for us. It is a truly better product that we want DSC users to experience. For upgrade, the unit must be sent to our shop. Senders pays shipping cost.
HI Tom, many thanks for your respnse, a liitle confused, still, with the tuning sofwate not supporting the three mode unit. I read a thread where there was an error in one of tables from the default map, one of the right hand settings was 70% instead of 80% vs the left. I actually used the tuning siftware to correct this and upload it the the DSC, downloaded it again and verified the changes were made.

Also, I understand taht the firmware may be more up to date but is there anything different in the way the DSC actually controls the dampers?

Lastly. Is there a way you can send me a file to upgrade the firmare? I'm a little reluctant to send the unit accros the globe for something like this, i seem to re flash my IOS every couple of weeks! and its even less work for you guys to do for nothing..

Thanks
Old 08-24-2016, 05:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by ttdan
HI Tom, many thanks for your respnse, a liitle confused, still, with the tuning sofwate not supporting the three mode unit. I read a thread where there was an error in one of tables from the default map, one of the right hand settings was 70% instead of 80% vs the left. I actually used the tuning siftware to correct this and upload it the the DSC, downloaded it again and verified the changes were made.

Also, I understand taht the firmware may be more up to date but is there anything different in the way the DSC actually controls the dampers?

Lastly. Is there a way you can send me a file to upgrade the firmare? I'm a little reluctant to send the unit accros the globe for something like this, i seem to re flash my IOS every couple of weeks! and its even less work for you guys to do for nothing..

Thanks
as I recall the early (3-mode) s/w had the ability to read/write all 3 map locations in a 3-mode DSC, I believe when 2-mode became the norm, the
app s/w releases thereafter only support 2-map locations, so it could be that
you are using the earlier version of the app... if you haven't updated your app recently this is most likely the case.

I dont think the DSC's firmware is (yet) field upgradable, so I think you will have to ship it back, maybe talk nice to Tom and he will send you a new DSC
and you can return your unit once received ... or face the wrath of RL for being a douche, which of course you are not!
Old 08-25-2016, 10:53 PM
changster123
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts

Here's kinda a lame question but...

A fully equipped TPC 997.2 Turbo S with sways, Tractive DDA's, links, wide track kit etc... car for car, will it be faster than say a 991 GT3 / 991 GT3 RS on the track?

I absolutely love my car right now with your swaps and wide track kit... track days are already way more enjoyable. I still need to improve my driving but I'm thinking about doing the full DDA setup once I feel like I've max'd out my driving. I'm just curious if maximizing this 997.2 platform is worth it or not.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:32 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by changster123
Here's kinda a lame question but...

A fully equipped TPC 997.2 Turbo S with sways, Tractive DDA's, links, wide track kit etc... car for car, will it be faster than say a 991 GT3 / 991 GT3 RS on the track?

I absolutely love my car right now with your swaps and wide track kit... track days are already way more enjoyable. I still need to improve my driving but I'm thinking about doing the full DDA setup once I feel like I've max'd out my driving. I'm just curious if maximizing this 997.2 platform is worth it or not.
At our local 2.0-mile track a 997.2 Turbo PDK with TPC bars, TPC wide front track kit, TPC toe links & suspension setup, DSC Tractive DDA, with ~530whp, fully interior + bolt-in roll bar, weighing upper-3,600 lbs runs average +/- 1 second to a stock 991 GT3 with track alignment driven by comparable advanced-skill level driver on comparable tires. The 991 GT3 is no doubt a better track car off the showroom compared to a stock Turbo.

On the other hand, we have built a similarly equipped 997.2 Turbo PDK that's fully stripped interior with full weld-in cage, lightweight body panels, cup doors, on Pirelli slicks. This car is quicker than factory spec 997 car cup cars.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:54 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

At our local 2.0-mile track a 997.2 Turbo PDK with TPC bars, TPC wide front track kit, TPC toe links & suspension setup, DSC Tractive DDA, with ~530whp, fully interior + bolt-in roll bar, weighing upper-3,600 lbs runs average +/- 1 second to a stock 991 GT3 with track alignment driven by comparable advanced-skill level driver on comparable tires. The 991 GT3 is no doubt a better track car off the showroom compared to a stock Turbo.
Just thinking about it now that's not shabby at all making up the performance gap between two radically different generation of cars even with the weight disadvantage of the Turbo. Which by the way I was wrong on the weight...with half tank of gas and no driver this car is 3800-some lbs!
Old 08-29-2016, 02:14 AM
changster123
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts

Just thinking about it now that's not shabby at all making up the performance gap between two radically different generation of cars even with the weight disadvantage of the Turbo. Which by the way I was wrong on the weight...with half tank of gas and no driver this car is 3800-some lbs!
Yeah man it's actually quite good. The Turbo/S is just so much heavier than the GT3, despite the chassis being smaller. The better / more fair comparison is probably 997.2 Turbo S PDK vs 991 Turbo S.

I like the go-karty feeling of stiffer springs on track. I'm not sure if flatter cornering = more grip/faster but I sure do like that feeling. Will definitely be trying the Tractives soon enough.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:24 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

yesterday did received my DSC for my GT3, already installed. On Friday, will align the GT3 for next PCA DE after new height settings.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:42 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I sent mine back in (i have the 3 way setting) to get the new updated firmware. Eager to try the new and improved. The 3 was already a HUGE improvement over OEM.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:21 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rick 930
yesterday did received my DSC for my GT3, already installed. On Friday, will align the GT3 for next PCA DE after new height settings.
What ride height and alignment numbers are you planning on? I'd be more than happy to review them if you would like. Feel free to email me if you don't want to post those numbers on forum.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:28 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

What ride height and alignment numbers are you planning on? I'd be more than happy to review them if you would like. Feel free to email me if you don't want to post those numbers on forum.
you got it...
Old 09-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Slim-GT3911
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This unit has been sold. Thank you for all the interest!

Greetings Fellow Rennlisters!

I have a DSC Suspension Controller (V2) For Sale if anyone is interested:

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...e-991-gt3.html

I hope this is not an inappropriate place to post this message. If so, please delete the message.

Thanks very much.

Last edited by Slim-GT3911; 09-08-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:26 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

I got my unit back in. Nice touch on the display of seeing the setting one is in. Curious, would it be possible to star the unit on "sport mode" vs. "normal mode' when the car restarts up ?
Old 09-03-2016, 04:31 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
I got my unit back in. Nice touch on the display of seeing the setting one is in. Curious, would it be possible to star the unit on "sport mode" vs. "normal mode' when the car restarts up ?
It should start in the same mode that was in when you turn the key off.

Give us your impression on the changes you feel.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:50 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

It should start in the same mode that was in when you turn the key off.

Give us your impression on the changes you feel.
Sweet, same as before.
Okay - i haven't had time due to the baby however today, after dropping baby off at daycare i went back home to get the gt3.
From my ~50 miles of driving a 997.2 GT3rs 4.0 and being passenger for ~200 miles of fast pace canyon driving- i would say my update made the .1 gt3 feel extremely similar to the 4.0 from my recollection. I have been driving in "normal" mode. The rebound "feels" to my butt much better. Will report after i go rip it through some canyons.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL DSC SPORT DISCUSSION FORUM