Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 RSR Inspired Replica

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 09:03 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really nice car... lovely and well executed.. you need however to get rid of that heavy rear lid and replace with something more lightweight like a ducktail or similar..
Old 10-03-2014, 11:59 AM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mark my words
on/off for the warning blinker (do not ask me how that works - a friend of mine solved that problem, for me that was impossible)
My switch panel is nearly identical to yours and for those interested, one good way to convert the warning flashers to a toggle is to add a secondary blinker relay wired to permanent on power so that you still have warning flashers with the key off, then run switched power to the original relay so that you can't accidently leave a blinker on.

Or if you're pretty sure that you won't ever leave a blinker on, then you can go the single relay method.

The internal circuit in the flasher switch is actually decently complex. Kind of a weird solution from Porsche.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 396 Likes on 262 Posts

You are right, the right hand switch is the diff lock switch. I took the switches the way they were needed: "on/off/on" for the wing and the diff "just on" for the central lock and the central information on/off for the warning blinker (do not ask me how that works - a friend of mine solved that problem, for me that was impossible) After getting the switches n the aluminium panel i wired them up with about 10cm cable and a male connector at the end of the cable. Then I opened op the original Porsche connectors, checked which of the cables were needed, put the female connector to the needed ones, isolated everything else, and that is the way it worked out. I connected a LED for the diff control, but until now i found no good looking place to fit it in - and the switch panel is to small to take it

That's awesome. I'm really impressed with how clean everything is. Suggestion for your led - diff control light....use the "unused" green diff light on the tach. (Or is it the speedo)...anyway, it's there and unused. and unless you look down , you never see the light on the console near the switch, Cuz the light only goes on when you should be looking up and ahead...like when the car loses grip...lol..
Old 10-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 52 Posts

wow gorgeous. specifically the interior.. i would love to do that to my 993 some day. great work.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:50 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Yes, it is LOUD - really loud...
I bet a good, raw kind of loud. I can probably live with it too!

The panel for the switches is made from a thick aluminum. I machined it to perfect size, drilled the holes, put the switches in and that's it...

...that I managed to fit to the upper part
Skills!

...I machined a aluminum shims that connects the universal shift **** to the factory shifter...
Skills again!!

The key symbol is central locking.
"F" stands for "Flügel" (german for spoiler)
I thought it might mean fliegen?

...as i striped it down completely (just pure metal) i liked it exactly that way!
Skills and great taste.

I have no cut off switch because i want to keep it as simple as possible....
+1 Love it!
Old 10-03-2014, 04:29 PM
mark my words
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When did you start/finish it? Have you ever had it weighed?
I bought the car last christmas as a normal Carrera 4 and pretty much startet taking everything apart two days later. Weight is 1270kg (just the car - 100% fuel)

you need however to get rid of that heavy rear lid and replace with something more lightweight like a ducktail or similar..
I thought about a ducktail (exactly because i wanted to save some weight in the back) but i very much like the classic shape of the car when the spoiler is not in use. Is there enough downforce with a ducktail?

Suggestion for your led - diff control light....use the "unused" green diff light on the tach. (Or is it the speedo)...anyway, it's there and unused.
That is a quite good idea - clean as i like it! Thank you!

Last edited by mark my words; 12-03-2014 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 173 Posts

what do I think?,........speechless
Old 10-03-2014, 04:51 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts

Beauty! And amazing attention to detail. Is this mostly, or only, a track-day beast? That's a very impressive final weight!

Along with the upcoming PSS10, I would recommend the 21mm stock C2 rear swaybar. If you haven't done it already. It was a noticable change from my stock 20mm C4 bar.

Re: Goughary's tip- The unused PDAS light is in the oil gauge. I put a bulb in there too. Works great.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:56 AM
mark my words
Instructor

Originally Posted by -nick
Is this mostly, or only, a track-day beast?
To be honest it has never seen a race course, before i go there i want to focus on my suspension and brakes - but then i will give it a go...

Along with the upcoming PSS10, I would recommend the 21mm stock C2 rear swaybar. If you haven't done it already. It was a noticable change from my stock 20mm C4 bar.
I gonna keep your advice in mind when it take my suspension apart this winter
Old 10-08-2014, 01:33 PM
mark my words
Instructor

Some more Pictures.
This time taken by a good friend of mine and obviously NOT with an IPhone camera...

Old 10-08-2014, 02:38 PM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 116 Posts

This is such a good looking car. I see the very lower rocker panels are painted body color. Love the Carrera graphic. Where did you get that?
Old 10-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simply fantastic! Clean, simple, and to the point! That stripped interior is awesome! I bet I could live with the loudness of the cab too!
Old 10-08-2014, 09:37 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,952 Likes on 1,181 Posts

Nicely done, very clean and well thought out.

Looks like I will have to step up my game.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:06 AM
fizzledorf
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well done, tasteful, clean, sexy. Hits all the right notes… thanks for sharing
Old 10-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you source the carbon fiber sleeve on your shifter? I am going thru all possible combinations to find what i like. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 964 RSR Inspired Replica