Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

993 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:42 AM
bdf
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 75000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
VIN: WPOAA2992VS320155
Price (no $ sign please): $37000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Car is sold pending payment

Thanks for all the interest.

Brian
Old 06-03-2014, 10:43 AM
halik
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
only ridiculous if your are looking to buy an air cooled Porsche...not if your a current owner.

Recent pricing increases have applied across the board to ALL 993's, the higher the quality, the higher the increase. I bought my C4S in 2010, 50-60K mile WB's were low to mid $40k range. Try to find one with that kinda mileage today under $60K.

The OP's car has some desirable engine work IMHO, paintwork for a car of this age is NOT a deal breaker on anything but a true 10K mile museum piece. My car was a track appliance for the PO, fresh suspension similar to this car, paintwork, dirty carfax too. It has been flawless for the last 4 years, and almost 40K miles I have driven it.

This car is priced well below current market, somebody is gonna get a steal of a deal if the OP honor's his original asking price.
Well ridiculous given the rate at which the prices rose (Haggerty collectible german index is up over 100% yoy); it's not as if the supply of these car halved over the last 2 years. I tend to be very skeptical of assets whose valuation changes drastically overnight, see tokyo real estate prices in mid 80s, ferrari prices in the 90s, us housing circa 2007 etc etc

I still suspect this may be a carry trade that gets unwound when rates go up.

Last edited by halik; 06-03-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:47 AM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats on the sale. Someone got a great car at a good price. Good luck vintage racing!
Old 06-03-2014, 02:01 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it interesting

PPL complain when a person sells their car for too much
which does not help seller

PPL complain when a person sells their car for too little
which does not help the buyers but I guess these ppl are the type that like to look out for ppl

The second use case at times causes a bidding war
then the buyers get upset along with a lot of other ppl who just think it is wrong

At times I bust ***** on the ppl selling at a high price like they are smoking some type of substance but I guess in the end all should just let a seller sell the car for what they want
Old 06-03-2014, 02:52 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on sale I believe that was a fair price all things considered.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
only ridiculous if your are looking to buy an air cooled Porsche...not if your a current owner.

Recent pricing increases have applied across the board to ALL 993's, the higher the quality, the higher the increase. I bought my C4S in 2010, 50-60K mile WB's were low to mid $40k range. Try to find one with that kinda mileage today under $60K.

The OP's car has some desirable engine work IMHO, paintwork for a car of this age is NOT a deal breaker on anything but a true 10K mile museum piece. My car was a track appliance for the PO, fresh suspension similar to this car, paintwork, dirty carfax too. It has been flawless for the last 4 years, and almost 40K miles I have driven it.

This car is priced well below current market, somebody is gonna get a steal of a deal if the OP honor's his original asking price.
spot on. Here is a list of every 6-speed coupe on auto trader and cars.com as of this morning. This car was a great deal!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:30 PM
rayng
Rennlist Member

great deal for a wb driver. but i'd argue that the seller knows the value more than the buyer. guys here are quite savvy. this car is really a race car that has enough bits to "qualify" as a street car. in l.a., i'd hesitate to jump on one of these given cali's emission requirements and our terrible streets. the rate of price appreciation seems to have slowed.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
spot on. Here is a list of every 6-speed coupe on auto trader and cars.com as of this morning. This car was a great deal!
almost $54K for a 190K mile 98 C4S...holy hell.

I have to admit, yet I am ashamed to say... that this crazy market has changed the way I use my C4S. I took the bike rack off the roof...and I don't think it's going back on. The new wheels(Tramont Cup's) might have had some effect too...the car is just way too nice to continue to rack up 10K miles a year with it. I bought it at 63K, now I'm approaching 101K. I used to think nothing of using it as a DD, take everywhere, park almost anywhere. No more.

I recently got a new DD-a 14 Subie XV Crosstrek. Just finished the slippery slope with that-lowered with coilovers, larger rear sway, front strut bar, rear muffler delete, and a VDC bypass switch. That has a roof rack for the bikes also, it's pretty fun to drive, gets decent mileage...and is disposable-the 993 is not.

Anyway, congrats to the seller. If your happy with your selling price, so am I. I imagine the new owner is happier than both of us.

The market for ALL air cooled Porsche's is crazy right now. I don't know if it's because of the threat of global warming-since these cars don't really run too well under water. Don't know if it's because of the threat of salt, er...gold being the new standard, when the US dollar becomes worthless. I don't know if it's because of the giant commie/**** conspiracy to bring all these back to the mother land. And I don't know if it's because of the fear of the upcoming social upheaval, and chaos(less than a zombie apocolypse though I hope) if/when Hillary announces her intention to run for President of the US.

For any of the above, or any other absolutely f^#*ing ridiculous theories...I'm glad I got in when I did.

ps-Go Hillary 2018
Old 06-04-2014, 09:43 AM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 309 Posts

I don't think of it that way- the appreciation is nice- it covers all of the expense of maintaining one of these machines so I CAN go drive it as much as I want. I do watch where I park it, but it went to Costco this week - keeps me from buying too much crap . Too much fun to just sit and stare at!
Old 06-04-2014, 10:43 AM
dboeren
Advanced

Regarding autotrader/cars.com prices... There's a big difference between asking prices and selling prices. In my experience a lot of people just "go fishing" with their listings and ask for a price they're unlikely to get. Why? Because it costs them nothing to do it, and there's always that slight chance that someone will actually pay it.

The overpriced cars stay on the market a long, long time and so the artificially high prices stick around and pile up and can end up giving the appearance that these are "normal" prices, which works in favor of the people wanting to get a high price and reinforces the cycle.

A much better way to gauge the marketplace is to look at the prices of cars that actually sold, but I think most sites don't offer a way to access that data.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:53 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

wait, this isnt sold yet?!

EDIT:
DOH, of course it did..
Old 06-06-2014, 04:54 PM
doc_porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

hell of a deal... nicely done. glws
Old 06-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dboeren
Regarding autotrader/cars.com prices... There's a big difference between asking prices and selling prices. In my experience a lot of people just "go fishing" with their listings and ask for a price they're unlikely to get. Why? Because it costs them nothing to do it, and there's always that slight chance that someone will actually pay it.

The overpriced cars stay on the market a long, long time and so the artificially high prices stick around and pile up and can end up giving the appearance that these are "normal" prices, which works in favor of the people wanting to get a high price and reinforces the cycle.

A much better way to gauge the marketplace is to look at the prices of cars that actually sold, but I think most sites don't offer a way to access that data.
+1
Old 06-08-2014, 06:14 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

If the buyer wants the car stock, I'm interested in the seats. Please PM me.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:11 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dboeren

+1

Quick Reply: 993 C4S