Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

993 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 08:59 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 405 Posts

Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 75000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
VIN: WPOAA2992VS320155
Price (no $ sign please): $37000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Relisted and looks like they are looking for a $27000 profit plus probably another $5k+ in stripped aftermarket parts.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...e-993-c4s.html
Old 08-23-2014, 10:51 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 202 Posts

Holy hell...best place to send the motor, AND...best place to have the suspension steup.

Same car, really?

Well if that don't **** ya off!
Old 08-24-2014, 01:53 AM
luckyJ
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
Relisted and looks like they are looking for a $27000 profit plus probably another $5k+ in stripped aftermarket parts.
is it the same car?...the mileage was 75k back in 2004....it's now less after 10 years...wtf!?!?
Old 08-24-2014, 01:56 AM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 80 Posts

same vin #
Old 08-24-2014, 09:15 AM
nycarrera
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap

I think the seller should mention the history of the motor swap at least.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Come on guys. He was only doing a friend a favor.....

His Pelican post on 6/20

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...ferrerid=53544

The car was listed in this ad with 75K miles. Flipper's ad has mileage listed at 72,500. How does that happen?
Old 08-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

For some reason I cant find the thread on Pelican where that seller totally hosed someone on a set of wheels ...about a year ago..
Old 08-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Silvertarga
For some reason I cant find the thread on Pelican where that seller totally hosed someone on a set of wheels ...about a year ago..
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...lver98c2s.html
Old 08-24-2014, 06:53 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

yes, that is the same VIN...interesting how the mileage went backwards a bit...no doubt went cheap the first time but the mark up is large...silver98c2s looks a bit shady.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:03 PM
bdf
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I know why I started getting e-mails about the car again.

Not me selling this time.

The odometer gears broke at 72,400 miles. I guess that is why the new seller is quoting 72,500.

I thought my asking was fair considering the history but wow that is some mark up.

BDF
Old 08-24-2014, 10:17 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

loved the seats FWIW
Old 08-24-2014, 10:22 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by bdf
Now I know why I started getting e-mails about the car again.

Not me selling this time.

The odometer gears broke at 72,400 miles. I guess that is why the new seller is quoting 72,500.

I thought my asking was fair considering the history but wow that is some mark up.

BDF
I loved the way that car was setup exactly how you had it. I wish I would have contacted you a little sooner. Sad to see what ended up happening to it.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:59 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

I loved the way that car was setup exactly how you had it. I wish I would have contacted you a little sooner. Sad to see what ended up happening to it.
+993
Old 08-26-2014, 02:21 PM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Relisted and looks like they are looking for a $27000 profit plus probably another $5k+ in stripped aftermarket parts
Originally Posted by nycarrera
I think the seller should mention the history of the motor swap at least.
Originally Posted by Mark Harris
Come on guys. He was only doing a friend a favor.....His Pelican post on 6/20http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...ferrerid=53544

The car was listed in this ad with 75K miles. Flipper's ad has mileage listed at 72,500. How does that happen?
Originally Posted by bdf
Facts Matter:

Fact #1: I have never met, contacted or transacted any business with the OP (bdf) regarding this Porsche.
Fact #2: This Porsche was purchased from a dual Pelican and Rennlist member who lives in Maryland as a result of a WTB I placed on Pelican for a friend looking for a WB 993.
Fact #3: My seller never disclosed any history of the engine swap. The only "issue" I was made aware of was a non working odometer. The odometer read 72,400 miles when I purchased the car and the records were consistent with these miles.
Fact #4: In cross referencing dates from the OP's FS thread and my purchase date, the seller owned the Porsche for approximately 3 weeks.
Fact #5: I did not pay $37,000 for the Porsche and while some extra parts did come with the car, some of the more valuable ones listed in the OP's ad did not.
Fact #6: I was completely unaware of the OP's FS thread until yesterday and as a result of the comments on my own thread pertaining to an unaffiliated CL find I came across last week.
Fact #7: Within one day and after returning from a business trip, I have properly taken down the Pelican ad based on this new to me information.
Fact #8: My friend for which this car was purchased, ended up buying the MY97 silver C2S that was for sale on RL, based on his preference for a stock RWD example. That lead to the FS thread on Pelican.

Do not ask me to "out" the person who sold me this car. I am confident he has come across this thread and if chooses to contact me and reimburse me the difference between what he paid and what he sold it for, that would be the correct thing to do. Post purchase thousands of dollars have been spent, including a host of "little" issues, the odometer repair (sent to NH Speedometer) and given my friend's desire for a more stock example, the OEM seats, wheels, and steering wheel were refinished, refurbished and reinstalled, respectively.

Now that the facts are out, we will see amongst the "slayers" who are the mice and who are the men when it comes to contrition and apologies.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:41 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
Facts Matter:

Fact #1: I have never met, contacted or transacted any business with the OP (bdf) regarding this Porsche.
Fact #2: This Porsche was purchased from a dual Pelican and Rennlist member who lives in Maryland as a result of a WTB I placed on Pelican for a friend looking for a WB 993.
Fact #3: My seller never disclosed any history of the engine swap. The only "issue" I was made aware of was a non working odometer. The odometer read 72,400 miles when I purchased the car and the records were consistent with these miles.
Fact #4: In cross referencing dates from the OP's FS thread and my purchase date, the seller owned the Porsche for approximately 3 weeks.
Fact #5: I did not pay $37,000 for the Porsche and while some extra parts did come with the car, some of the more valuable ones listed in the OP's ad did not.
Fact #6: I was completely unaware of the OP's FS thread until yesterday and as a result of the comments on my own thread pertaining to an unaffiliated CL find I came across last week.
Fact #7: Within one day and after returning from a business trip, I have properly taken down the Pelican ad based on this new to me information.
Fact #8: My friend for which this car was purchased, ended up buying the MY97 silver C2S that was for sale on RL, based on his preference for a stock RWD example. That lead to the FS thread on Pelican.

Do not ask me to "out" the person who sold me this car. I am confident he has come across this thread and if chooses to contact me and reimburse me the difference between what he paid and what he sold it for, that would be the correct thing to do. Post purchase thousands of dollars have been spent, including a host of "little" issues, the odometer repair (sent to NH Speedometer) and given my friend's desire for a more stock example, the OEM seats, wheels, and steering wheel were refinished, refurbished and reinstalled, respectively.

Now that the facts are out, we will see amongst the "slayers" who are the mice and who are the men when it comes to contrition and apologies.

Quick Reply: 993 C4S