Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

993 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 04:14 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts
Default ^^^^^^^

Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 75000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
VIN: WPOAA2992VS320155
Price (no $ sign please): $37000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

oh man…I am in before the door shuts.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
Facts Matter:

Fact #5: I did not pay $37,000 for the Porsche and while some extra parts did come with the car, some of the more valuable ones listed in the OP's ad did not.

Do not ask me to "out" the person who sold me this car. I am confident he has come across this thread and if chooses to contact me and reimburse me the difference between what he paid and what he sold it for, that would be the correct thing to do. Post purchase thousands of dollars have been spent, including a host of "little" issues, the odometer repair (sent to NH Speedometer) and given my friend's desire for a more stock example, the OEM seats, wheels, and steering wheel were refinished, refurbished and reinstalled, respectively.

Now that the facts are out, we will see amongst the "slayers" who are the mice and who are the men when it comes to contrition and apologies.

So then, can we "assume" that you now have $63,993 in the car...since that's your asking price? If you feel that it's the "right thing to do" for the seller to reimburse you the difference(what he paid, then sold it to you), then shouldn't you be following that rule too?

Your time frame does indeed work
orig ad for $37K on June 1st
your wanted ad on Pelican on June 20th
your ad on rl selling the PP's on July 22nd
your FS ad on Pelican on August 21

The truth is indeed stranger than fiction, so goes the saying. PT Barnum had a saying too, if I remember correctly. Not sure which applies here.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:00 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
Facts Matter:

Fact #1: I have never met, contacted or transacted any business with the OP (bdf) regarding this Porsche.
Fact #2: This Porsche was purchased from a dual Pelican and Rennlist member who lives in Maryland as a result of a WTB I placed on Pelican for a friend looking for a WB 993.
Fact #3: My seller never disclosed any history of the engine swap. The only "issue" I was made aware of was a non working odometer. The odometer read 72,400 miles when I purchased the car and the records were consistent with these miles.
Fact #4: In cross referencing dates from the OP's FS thread and my purchase date, the seller owned the Porsche for approximately 3 weeks.
Fact #5: I did not pay $37,000 for the Porsche and while some extra parts did come with the car, some of the more valuable ones listed in the OP's ad did not.
Fact #6: I was completely unaware of the OP's FS thread until yesterday and as a result of the comments on my own thread pertaining to an unaffiliated CL find I came across last week.
Fact #7: Within one day and after returning from a business trip, I have properly taken down the Pelican ad based on this new to me information.
Fact #8: My friend for which this car was purchased, ended up buying the MY97 silver C2S that was for sale on RL, based on his preference for a stock RWD example. That lead to the FS thread on Pelican.

Do not ask me to "out" the person who sold me this car. I am confident he has come across this thread and if chooses to contact me and reimburse me the difference between what he paid and what he sold it for, that would be the correct thing to do. Post purchase thousands of dollars have been spent, including a host of "little" issues, the odometer repair (sent to NH Speedometer) and given my friend's desire for a more stock example, the OEM seats, wheels, and steering wheel were refinished, refurbished and reinstalled, respectively.

Now that the facts are out, we will see amongst the "slayers" who are the mice and who are the men when it comes to contrition and apologies.

Your seller really tricked you, he should pay you the difference so you make the whole $27k profit yourself!

You post every car that you find that comes up for sale and missed a 3 page thread for a $37k c4s???
Old 08-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I just love it when people aren't sharp enough to realize that the timeline is pretty easy to extract, when someone takes the time. Which you did, and kind of unearths the smoking gun.

Is utxxx...'s real name Jay?

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
So then, can we "assume" that you now have $63,993 in the car...since that's your asking price? If you feel that it's the "right thing to do" for the seller to reimburse you the difference(what he paid, then sold it to you), then shouldn't you be following that rule too?

Your time frame does indeed work
orig ad for $37K on June 1st
your wanted ad on Pelican on June 20th
your ad on rl selling the PP's on July 22nd
your FS ad on Pelican on August 21

The truth is indeed stranger than fiction, so goes the saying. PT Barnum had a saying too, if I remember correctly. Not sure which applies here.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:15 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Hmm, I wonder how many perspective buyers are going to line up to buy any of his flipped cars on here now?

Guess it's time for him to create a new alias and head to eBay to try and trap some unsuspecting fish
Old 08-26-2014, 08:53 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who is the friend he is referencing...

"the odometer repair (sent to NH Speedometer) and given my friend's desire for a more stock example, the OEM seats, wheels, and steering wheel were refinished, refurbished and reinstalled, respectively. "

it is a shame the OP did not sell his nice car to someone that would actually enjoy it. Thankfully the VIN was avail in the hood shot.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:08 PM
bdf
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I probably should stay out of this mess but somehow my character is now being called into question via e-mails and PMs. Can't have that.

I sold a car, albeit under the market value, someone bought it, no questions asked. I had offers as much as $10k over my asking after that first person agreed to the original price. Call me stupid (my wife still does) but I would not want someone to do the same to me so I stood by my original asking. First buyer apparently decided to go in a different direction maybe made a few bucks on parts and a higher sale price. Good for him. Next buyer decides to throw a few bucks at it and flip it based on the current craziness that I did not take advantage of. So be it.

I cannot say how the car was represented by buyer #1 to buyer #2. I can say that my original ad was an honest representation. Although, I did miss the broken odometer. Track car, never looked at it. The records I provided support mileage of +/-75,000.

My opinion, the car should be in the garage of an enthusiast who will drive the crap out of it.

Can we close this thread?
Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Bdf, I wouldn't think anyone here has any ill feelings of what you did. If someone is sending you PM's implying such-shame on them, and I'd think they may be connected to he with no name.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:37 PM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bdf
First buyer apparently decided to go in a different direction maybe made a few bucks on parts and a higher sale price.
Thanks for clarifying that you did not sell me this car. That was the inference that started this witch hunt and which all other false assumptions were made. Fortunately I saved all the email documentation from this individual, who used your original ad copy but omitted the part about the engine swap. Had I seen your original post I would not have purchased this car from this person.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:19 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Wait let me get this straight....you placed a WTB ad for a friend, then went ahead with the purchase. Not quite sure why you spend money on the car then mo' money on repairs to please your friend. Your friend then turns around and bought another 993, leaving you with this? Hmm....
Old 08-26-2014, 11:41 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Let's review the Pelican thread put up by the guy you screwed on the wheels. Not often where someone puts a thread up to call someone out for dishonesty. I always say "where there is smoke, there is fire".
Old 08-26-2014, 11:45 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

I think the question is if u7t2p7 is a flipper. Most people here do not like to be infiltrated by the Taliban. I don't mind if you are in the business to buy and sell cars for a living or for a hobby. i think that the issue is when people feel that those individuals should represent themselves as such. My personal opinion is the preying on sellers, buyers etc and not disclosing this. I replied to a FS ad for a car a few weeks ago and I was almost immediately contacted by a dealer pretending to be an individual offering me a similar car. It was "his" car etc. I soon figured out what was going on when he tried to qualify me via the back and forth. Long story short, he started speaker dealer-ese and I told him I was no longer interested in the car. Why? because I don't appreciate people that prey on others especially when the "qualification" questions began... Moral of the story, you can flip, but let it be known who you are and your honest intentions...
Old 08-27-2014, 12:08 AM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes people should be honest up front and most are but the crazy money air cooled are bringing causes greed. I still believe there will be some hurt feelings and empty wallets when the frenzy dies down and it will.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:15 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by bdf
I probably should stay out of this mess but somehow my character is now being called into question via e-mails and PMs. Can't have that.

I sold a car, albeit under the market value, someone bought it, no questions asked. I had offers as much as $10k over my asking after that first person agreed to the original price. Call me stupid (my wife still does) but I would not want someone to do the same to me so I stood by my original asking. First buyer apparently decided to go in a different direction maybe made a few bucks on parts and a higher sale price. Good for him. Next buyer decides to throw a few bucks at it and flip it based on the current craziness that I did not take advantage of. So be it.

I cannot say how the car was represented by buyer #1 to buyer #2. I can say that my original ad was an honest representation. Although, I did miss the broken odometer. Track car, never looked at it. The records I provided support mileage of +/-75,000.

My opinion, the car should be in the garage of an enthusiast who will drive the crap out of it.

Can we close this thread?
As the original poster, you can close this thread. As this car no longer belongs to you, it might be a good idea. You sold a car at a VERY good price and shouldn't be dragged through the mud IMO.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:27 AM
hkspwrsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Close it! Yeah someone got the good deal. What happened after that isn't your problem.

Quick Reply: 993 C4S