Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 2003 996TT Slate Grey Metallic....with RL provenance....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 05:54 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Cool FS: 2003 996TT Slate Grey Metallic....with RL provenance....

Year: 2003
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 62400
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Slate Grey Metallic
VIN: WP0AB29913S686974
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

SOLD

Buyer's choice of either the OEM Sport Technos with current Hankook V12 Evo OR Forged TRM wheels with PS2/Proxes

2003 Slate Grey 996TT; 6 Spd manual, 62K miles. Well documented; COA. Great DD. Never been flashed. All Stock internals/Turbos, intercoolers.
Natural Leather Grey interior.

No wrinkles or fading of interior components,
no sticky radio *****. ashtray cubby conversion, CD holder/cubby conversion; plenty of storage space

more pics...

note Autocheck. most recent performed March 2014

I have all keys ( 2 working Remotes, two Valet keys), manuals and plenty of paperwork...

Clear title, in hand

Purchased Nov 2011 from LVDell with approx 51K miles. Sport Techno wheels.
Dell presented me with a large volume of previous paperwork. Original window sticker.
This Turbo has been a Southern Car, CPO'd twice times ......
Lived mainly Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, Florida.....

Major Mods which came with purchase in Nov 2011:

Speedtech Cross-Flow exhaust. includes cat by-pass pipes. I've been driving with the cats since purchasing the car;
mainly for some noise reduction since we don't have emissions inspections in FL. Great sound, no drone.

Front GT3 6 pots up front; 350mm rotors all around. Steel braided brake lines all around.
Brakepad material has plenty of life. They are still in great condition

X73 suspension
997 Short shift Kit
GT2 front brake cooling ducts
997 Turbo rear brake cooling ducts
Rennline wheel studs on all four corners
Hardwire V1
XM antenna installed
Tarrett Rear Toe arms and locking plates
smoke side markers

And many other mods...
this thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...od-thread.html

As purchased:

PO was very meticulous with this car, to say the least. Front gear diff fluid replace prior to purchase among other maintenance, fresh alilgnment, etc..

Since then, Oil changed every 6 months with 5W40 Pentosin; brakes bled with Castrol SRF.

In the last year, New Battery, waterpump, serpentine belt, fuel filter , cabin filter, air filter, clutch accumulator, frunk trunk release mechanism, new key guts reprogrammed, new sunroof seal, wiper blades. Front bumper removed to clean rads and condensers.

I have NEW Porsche OEM plugs ready to install; but car is running fine and I don't want to mess with them if they ain't broke.

Mods since purchasing,

Body colored "turbo" script from Eric at BPlugs.

LED bulb conversion in complete interior and license plate and side markers.

Function First black Poly Transmission inserts.

Interior pics As of 4/26/2014:

driver door

pass door

Lighting on this side gives the lower carpet a lighter look. It is identical to driver side.

driver seat top

bottom

Dash . Black Rennline aluminum Track mats in pic. the Carpet and mats underneath are in excellent condition

Engine

March 2014

Cryo-detail complete undercarriage.

I do have the OEM Sport Technos with OEM Turbo script centercaps currently mounted on Hankook V12 Evos/ 225/40/18 fronts are still 75%-80% ish tread, 295/30 rears pry closer to 50%

I have TRM wheels with Michelin PS2/Toyo Proxes P1
which have approx 5000 miles as a second set available FS

Current look with OEM Sport Techno wheels

Buyer has priority to purchase the below items or negotiate into the sales price:

NEW Forge Silicone black boost hoses
NEW PTP Turbo blankets

Fixed rear spoiler hardware

Rottec CF rear spoiler

New Falken FK 452 295/30/18 tires

The rear spoiler works, does not show signs of leakage; but I have kept a close eye on the system due to known failure. As a result, I have purchased the fixed spoiler hardware ..

My detailer has done some clearcoat polish to the entire car; I had it Opti-coated approx 2 years ago. I wash as needed....with CR Spotless DI Wash and electric blow dry.
Nanoskin Auto scrub and a nice coat of synthetic wax.

Car is kept in the garage or undercover. I cannot spot any harmful effects of the sun or heat on the paint or interior........

My detalier also has pointed out two areas on the paint where the clearcoat has thinned out. He has paint metered the entire car; everywhere is within spec except the roof which was resprayed by PO, LVDell, due to a mishap in the garage, IIRC...... photos included..

Natural Leather Grey interior is in great shape. Driver Seat has wear but no rips or nasty areas. Front Dash is in excellent shape; no Leather fading or shrinking.

Pass door had a very minor chip, which I fubarred with a small drop of Porsche Paint. No dents anywhere that I can see......

The lower rear quarters show some road rash and previous track history, but it doesn't bother me since this car sees daily use, rain or shine...

I have the current Autocheck. The Autocheck does show the one accident in which an old man slowly backed his truck into my front bumper at a stop light on my way to work. The damage was only to the clear bra and a very minor scratch to the front bumper.

I have pics and paperwork....

As a result, the front bumper was repaired and resprayed as was the the hood due to the minor chips the body shop saw upon closer inspection.
Looks great AND a fresh clear bra was then applied to front bumper and half hood since it was part of the insurance claim due to the accident.
Side mirror clearbra redone in the last year. I had the installer remove the older clearbra on the half front fenders due to some cracking, but did not replace.

LVDell did mention in post #2 about the roof respray/ blend which is very difficult to tell of any repair.

Here's a small pic of the dent from his archives....

contact via pm, email or cell number.

TIA,
Ed.

Last edited by 2K7TTMIA; 06-28-2014 at 06:18 AM. Reason: .............
Old 04-24-2014, 05:58 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Ed.

Last edited by 2K7TTMIA; 05-03-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:43 AM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Bump. New price gents.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:24 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Last edited by 2K7TTMIA; 05-26-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:44 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Last edited by 2K7TTMIA; 05-26-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:23 AM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Interior and engine pics added
Old 04-28-2014, 12:04 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Last edited by 2K7TTMIA; 04-30-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:35 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

man, that car should sell for high 40's not low 40's. Stop depressing the market !!! ha!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:03 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed
Old 04-29-2014, 10:51 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Where else can you buy this kind of performance for about $40 grand. This was a $120K car! 996TTs are killer deals right now, but this one is front and center.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:06 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Deposit taken; sale pending.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:12 AM
laratta
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't expect it to last too long. Good luck with the sale.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by judd944
man, that car should sell for high 40's not low 40's. Stop depressing the market !!! ha!
LoL. I hope you didn't buy a 996T for investment or "modest" returns!

Joking aside, the 996T and GT2 unfortunately are NOT following the Air-Cooled craze. To expect that, one isn't thinking logically. The contrary has occurred.

OP did not get original asking........He received a lower offer as indicated by prior posts. As are others when sifting through Pelican and Rennlist.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:49 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It will take a while for prices to come up, I do believe in 20-30 years a clean 996tt will bring very good money and be hard to find= that's just my opinion not fact lol. I will probably list my car and while I may not get my asking price I would not fire sale it or take ridiculous offer . I'm not referring to any seller per say but I believe a lot of people seem to buy and resale very quickly after realizing the costs involved with this level of car . People mention the bargains but most people are still paying good prices (45k plus) for clean decent miles 996tts its just not worth bragging about. If you pay attention most bargain hunters are soon on site asking for help with their problems..
Old 05-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by rmc1148
It will take a while for prices to come up, I do believe in 20-30 years a clean 996tt will bring very good money and be hard to find= that's just my opinion not fact lol. I will probably list my car and while I may not get my asking price I would not fire sale it or take ridiculous offer . I'm not referring to any seller per say but I believe a lot of people seem to buy and resale very quickly after realizing the costs involved with this level of car . People mention the bargains but most people are still paying good prices (45k plus) for clean decent miles 996tts its just not worth bragging about. If you pay attention most bargain hunters are soon on site asking for help with their problems..

Honestly, I couldn't disagree with you more. Just perusing through the forums has led me to some interesting findings. The most glaring is the fact that one is asking a "similar" amount for an X50 when a 997T can be had (very similar mileage) for no more than $5,000 difference. You and I can both agree that the 997T in its most inferior form is a far better option than the nicest 996T. I find that humbling and honored to know that I can jump into a 997 for almost the same money. Unfortunately the 996 will forever be plagued with being Porsche's bastard child. Only the GT3 and GT2 elicit contrary notions.

I will say this for the 996T: for the money, it is an amazing car with some work. Too name a few would entail an LSD, revised Suspension geometry, and some lightening of weight. I raced with them and they are humbling machines (even more with AWD delete). Also, upkeep is modestly more than a standard 996. I would not hesitate picking a Turbo up over an N/A. I would lie to my mates and say otherwise.......

Quick Reply: FS: 2003 996TT Slate Grey Metallic....with RL provenance....