Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 2011 911 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 10:07 AM
Reid55
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Year: 2011
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT2
Mileage (numbers only please): 3335
Color: GT Silver Metallic
VIN: WP0AE2A9XBS778165
Price (no $ sign please): $465000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Jrtaylor - Well stated. Wished it would have clicked with me that you were in Houston all this time. Would have been (and still would be) happy to twist some country roads in the GT2's before love bug season :-) Good luck with sale - very special car.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,103 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Reid55
Jrtaylor - Well stated. Wished it would have clicked with me that you were in Houston all this time. Would have been (and still would be) happy to twist some country roads in the GT2's before love bug season :-) Good luck with sale - very special car.
I still have a few toys that would almost keep up with a gt2 on twisty roads. I'll pm you next time I go for a drive. You do the same.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:26 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
first of all, the car is mine. when we posted the ad, not only did i know it would get hate mail, but i knew exactly which of you characters would be hate authors, because i'm on this forum almost every day. so, John posted the ad; i got popcorn, set back and laughed.

to set a few things straight:

i have a zero-option, launch color 4.0

and if any of you are ever in the houston area, i'll be happy to take it out on a sunday drive with you (especially if you were one of the haters ).
I'll buy the champagne and fried chicken at Max's Wine & Dive!
I'd want to buy a car like this from an owner just like Jrtaylor. GLWS

Cheers,
Nick
Old 03-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by German_Saint
I'll buy the champagne and fried chicken at Max's Wine & Dive!
I'd want to buy a car like this from an owner just like Jrtaylor. GLWS

Cheers,
Nick
I'll take you up on that. I used to live right down the street from Max's. I'll send you a PM.

Jeremy
Old 03-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Reid55
Racer

I'm in too!
Old 03-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Joe T
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in too! Not sure the GT3R would work well on the street though...
Old 03-08-2016, 02:13 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrguyinaz
The market will decide what price is right. Have you all noticed that the collector car market seems to have lots of sellers of long term collections recently.
Does correlate to the stock market or the art market ????????
Possibly, but people buy low and sell high. If you buy a gt2rs at 250, and see them listed at 450, you might decide to sell instead of keeping it wrapped up in your garage.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Reid55
Racer

Joe -

2008 GT Silver GT2 (Stolen) :-)
Old 03-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Reid55
Racer

By the way, the R might not be that great on the street, but imagine the looks we would get.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joe T
Count me in too! Not sure the GT3R would work well on the street though...
Never seen a gt3r in the flesh. Would love to see it.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:33 PM
martijnvan
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Very well written Jrtaylor!
I am a 100% with you.
Haters are simply jealous.
Have a 4.0, 991RS, 959, and 2RS.
The 2RS is my favorite car to drive on a regular basis!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 11:32 PM
Joe T
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, the GT3R has residence in South Carolina with Autometrics Motorsports. She was here this weekend at the Pirelli World Challenge race at COTA but now back. This will be the last season I track the car as I believe it will have value down the road to preserve - the very last 997 race car (actually of any 997 model street or race) ever made by Porsche.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:05 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
first of all, the car is mine. when we posted the ad, not only did i know it would get hate mail, but i knew exactly which of you characters would be hate authors, because i'm on this forum almost every day. so, John posted the ad; i got popcorn, set back and laughed.

to set a few things straight:

i bought this car for the driving experience; same reason i buy all my cars. i have a zero-option, launch color 4.0 and i picked up this gt2rs as its turbo'd maternal twin. contrary to the crowd that wants deviated stitching and seat massagers, there are a few of us that actually go after the strippers. i prefer buckets, a/c is a must (i live in houston), but aside from that, there's not an option i can't live w/out. i own a few 997gt's. it is my favorite platform by far. i've never been a big turbo guy, but if i were going to own one turbo'd 911, this is it.

in the time i've owned this car, three things have happened: 1) i found that it begs me to drive it faster than anything else i own by a large margin. and, i'm either going to end up in jail or wrapped around a light pole somewhere on a remote twisty houston back road. 2) i have confirmed for the 3rd or 4th time that i'm just not a big turbo guy. 3) values on these things have moved up almost as quick as the car is. i think this thing would be insanely fun on a track, but i don't have the ***** to track a car with the combination of its widow-maker personality and collector price-tag.....even if that price-tag was my asking in CAD!

once i started to consider this car wasn't a permanent addition to my collection, i noticed a few WTB ads pop up for gt2rs. i answered those WTB ads and i was shocked with the price levels that came back. and, i was shocked where 2-3 actually did trade hands recently. initially, i passed because i wasn't 100% committed to letting it go, regardless of price. i've learned these used gt's are not commodities. when you find a completely unmolested, zero-blemish, zero-track-time, clean dme example, they are very hard to get back once you sell them.

as far as this ad, we didn't even discuss the asking price. i trust the boys at PNH know how to move cars and i'm paying them to handle it. they know where i walk away. we'll see if someone has interest in between. if not, the car will go back under a blanket next to a few of its NA brethren. and if any of you are ever in the houston area, i'll be happy to take it out on a sunday drive with you (especially if you were one of the haters ). i drive every car i own or it gets sold.

i'm going to step back into the background with my popcorn and let John and the rest of the PNH boys earn their money. in my experience, they have been a phenomenal P-car dealership to do business with. keep the hate posts coming; they are great unsolicited "bumps".
^^

And beautiful car!
Old 03-09-2016, 01:40 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,799 Likes on 2,375 Posts

1. if u dont like price, go to the next post to buy another car
2. if priced too high it will not sell, you dont have to worry, things work themselves out
3. low mile cars do not rot. i have had 25 year old car with 10k miles, zero leak. low mile high mile no matter, only poorly maintained cars rot
4. just b/c you have a beautiful GF it doesn't mean you bang all day. there are other things to do and other cars to drive
5. some ppl have a lot of cars and a lot of things to do. they simply do not have time to drive. some barely have time to eat. that's why i eat HUGE amounts when i am no track, b/c i eat about 1x a week ;-) those who tracked with me know that i am not kidding.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Cream
Agreed, and for near half a mil I better not have to stare at a cheapo plastic dash the whole time I am driving it. And then the pain of trying to sell a CAN car
How many actually look at the small analogue speedo? The digital speedo can change between km/h and mph... I bought a US car and would have no problem selling it as nobody over here really cares about a small analogue mph gauge. Maybe it's a US thing?? I guarantee they drive the same unless you fill the tank up with Maple Syrup.

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 2011 911 GT2RS