Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 09:32 PM
pure456
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 4

Year: 1995
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 62000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Steel Grey
Price (no $ sign please): $50000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Canada
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Hello,

I just picked up a 997 Turbo so the 993 has to go away. Thought I had a deal in place but it fell through so here I am. The $50K price above is in US dollars but what I'm asking for is $61,900 Canadian. If you're an American buyer you would have to pay 2.5% duty and I would be willing to help with the export process as much as possible.

Just had an oil change last week at 100,216 km's or 62,271 miles. Needs nothing mechanically. Unfortunately the previous owner was a DIY type so I have no receipts from his ownership period which stretched from 2004-2012, but it was dealer maintained until October 2004 (I have the stamped maintenance book) and I have receipts from my ownership period. The tires are winter tires but it has never been driven in the winter. The previous owner ordered the winter tires on September 21, 2012 (the one receipt I have of his) because he thought that he wouldn't be able to sell the car. His plan was to drive it through the winter and relist in the spring, but of course I bought it September 28th My plan was to drive on the winter tires for a year or two while I decided on what wheels I wanted for the car. I never did decide on new wheels and now I've got a 997 in the garage

-Steel grey exterior, marble grey interior

-hardback sport seats

-Bilstein HD's with M030 springs

-after market exhaust of some kind, I like the sound but it is loud.

-Pristine interior condition, 9/10. The interior is in better shape than my 2009 Turbo, it's been very well taken care of. The OBC is dim, it's illuminated like the headlights are on even when they're not.

-Exterior condition 7.5/10. Cracked fog light on the driver's side, headlights are worn with age. I would suggest some turbo scoops to take care of the fog lights and try a headlight restoration kit before getting new lenses. If this is done I'd call it an 8. No real paint damage but there are chips here and there on the bumper as you'd expect given the age and mileage. Still gets compliments every time I take her out

Carproof is below. It's similar to Carfax but more comprehensive for Canadian cars:

https://reports.carproof.com/main?id...LjFhBLJb7iT7Fx

49 pictures are here:

https://plus.google.com/108006575824...ts/55YvMFCkqb4

Thank-you.
Attached Images          

Last edited by pure456; 05-25-2015 at 09:38 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Luckster
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice colour combinations, looks like a nice clean car, I can check it for any out of town interested rennlisters since I'm local.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Ditto, nice color combo w/ hard backs.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:27 PM
euge
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Something is off. In 95 they didn't have digital read-out on the tach... Otherwise, looks good.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by euge
Something is off. In 95 they didn't have digital read-out on the tach... Otherwise, looks good.
Most likely an option, all Turbo's had them such as early build 96's that were manufactured in early 95.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:01 AM
jskylarwilson
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Love that color combo. And the hard backs! Amazing!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:50 AM
pure456
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the compliments. The interior is really nice, there's enough grey to lighten it up but not so much that it's overwhelming.

Luckster, if you ever want to get together let me know. Are you a PCA member?

The computer was an option, 639 I think. One of the pictures is of the option sticker, I'll decode it later today when I'm at a proper computer.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:15 PM
pure456
Rennlist Member

The options are as follows, the OBC is actually option 659:

C36- Canadian specifications
373 -Newer type sports seat (MY1995-1998), left, height electrically adjustable
374 -Newer type sports seat (MY1995-1998), right, height electrically adjustable
425 -Rear window wiper
454 -Automatic speed control
490 -Sound system
650 -Sun-moon-roof
659 -Board computer
694 -CD-radio Apline 7807
Old 05-28-2015, 12:47 AM
Luckster
Rennlist Member

Yes, I'm a PCA member, haven't been to many events because I have young kids, but I'm planning to take part in this weekend Breakfast drive. Definitely would like to meet up with you and check out your car, haven't seen many 993s in town, I see more F cars and Lambos than 993s in our town.

Originally Posted by pure456
Thanks for the compliments. The interior is really nice, there's enough grey to lighten it up but not so much that it's overwhelming.

Luckster, if you ever want to get together let me know. Are you a PCA member?

The computer was an option, 639 I think. One of the pictures is of the option sticker, I'll decode it later today when I'm at a proper computer.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:07 PM
pure456
Rennlist Member

Had a few contacts from US buyers, thought I'd share my findings for all to see.

I did some searching on the Canadian forum:

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...-recently.html

"shortcutsleeping" seems to have had a really easy time getting the car. This is his blog, linked in the first post of the above thread goes over the whole trip:

http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch235.htm

In this thread, user "sonnyt" says that he got a quote for $1400 + $100 brokerage + 4% duty to import a car from Montreal to Texas:

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...al-to-usa.html

About the duty, it's not 4%. It's definitely 2.5% as you can see from the government website:

http://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impor.../importing-car

The extra 1.5% was probably part of the broker's fee. Alberta has no sales tax or anything so you wouldn't need to worry about that part. Montreal to Houston is 1862 miles according to Google. $1400/1862 miles =75.2 cents a mile for transport. I'm in Edmonton Alberta,if you hop on google to figure the distance you'd have a rough idea about shipping cost.

If you're close you may want to consider flying up here and driving back too. At 75 cents a mile transport isn't exactly cheap. If a 1000 miles costs ~$750, that's 2 easy days of driving or 1 very long day. Or drive up with a friend and drive back in separate cars, could save a few hundred dollars. If you do plan on driving I'd be able to meet you in Calgary Alberta and shave 6 hours/372 miles off your trip.

In that Witch Doctor Motorsports blog he said that they based the duty on the book value of the car. According to Kelly Blue Book, "Good condition" private party sale = $36712 = $917 duty. I think it's better than good but it's likely that they just use the midrange value, they probably aren't appraising each car as it goes through.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:13 PM
pure456
Rennlist Member

The Canadian dollar has taken a bit of a beating the last couple of days which is to your advantage if you're in the states. As of 9:04 AM MST:

$61900 cad = $49,484.37 USD.

I can accept terms in either USD or CAD and have no preference. If we agree to a price in USD then I'm assuming the exchange rate risk and I may get more or may get less depending on what the rates are at the time of payment. The opposite is true if we agree to terms in CAD, you might pay more or pay less depending on what the exchange rates are at the time you exchange your funds.

At work we use Cole International as a broker when we bring in equipment from the United States. I've contacted them to see if they handle trade going the other direction and will post the response when I receive it.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:48 PM
pure456
Rennlist Member

So I spoke with someone at Cole on the US side of the border. They're capable of doing it but they ended up being quite pricey so I called US Canada Auto Transport. They charge 4% + $125 and the 4% includes the duty.

At $36712 USD (book value of the car):

Driving it across yourself: $917 duty

Broker: $1593

I also called Porsche about the manufacturer's letter of compliance and confirmed that it is fully compliant. When it sells, I would call them and provide the buyer's name and address, they'd then e-mail a copy to you and mail a hard copy to your address. No cost associated and the e-mail would be sent after the phone call.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:11 PM
oLuB8UchKxp
Advanced

Man, if this was a slate gray car, I would be all over it.

Any issues with importing to California re: emissions?
Old 06-03-2015, 02:54 AM
stuttgart1
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful color! Would you know what's the paint code?
Old 06-03-2015, 05:55 PM
pure456
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by oLuB8UchKxp
Man, if this was a slate gray car, I would be all over it.

Any issues with importing to California re: emissions?
I believe that the 1995's are more desirable in states with emissions testing since it's OBD1 and the SAI won't be an issue for testing.

Quick Reply: 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 4