Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2001 Porsche 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015 | 05:59 PM
williamr91
Pro

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 37400
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Yellow
Price (no $ sign please): $37000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Canada
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Beautiful! Speed Yellow with sport seats!!!! One of the few 996s I'd trade for (trade up in this case) GLWS if only this was last May, I'd buy right now.
Old 04-02-2015 | 06:06 PM
williamr91
Pro

Just did the conversion to USD, Holy cow what a deal only about 30k USD!!!! Maybe I'll sell my 996 aero and CTT lol (wishful thinking, I think the misses will kick me where it hurts)
Old 04-02-2015 | 07:42 PM
Hansel
Instructor

Originally Posted by williamr91
Just did the conversion to USD, Holy cow what a deal only about 30k USD!!!! Maybe I'll sell my 996 aero and CTT lol (wishful thinking, I think the misses will kick me where it hurts)
The asking price is already in USD.

GLWS OP. Its a beauty and judging from the outpouring of response, should be sold in no time!
Old 04-03-2015 | 12:56 AM
robertgalka
Rennlist Member

I have a deposit on the car so it is sold pending the PPI. I wonder if I am going to regret selling it in five years from now?
Old 04-03-2015 | 05:48 AM
samsnead
Pro

Originally Posted by robertgalka
I have a deposit on the car so it is sold pending the PPI. I wonder if I am going to regret selling it in five years from now?
Without a doubt
Old 04-03-2015 | 11:38 AM
PRC
Advanced

Agreed. There are few examples like the one that you have. Then again, the car never really seemed to stir your passion, so why not live with something that you enjoy. Congrats on the sale!
Old 04-03-2015 | 11:47 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Was it 37k USD? If so, good deal, if it was 37 CAD it's a steal!
Old 04-03-2015 | 12:29 PM
Soup
Instructor

Definitely. Just ask those 930 guys...
Old 04-17-2015 | 08:16 PM
robertgalka
Rennlist Member

Officially sold now.
Old 04-18-2015 | 02:44 AM
PRC
Advanced

Congrats
Old 06-07-2015 | 09:03 AM
ZygyKoz
3rd Gear

Hello all.

Excuse the noob question but can someone shed some light as to why some folks are saying the car is underpriced? I ran the car details through KBB and it seems to be right on the ball with asking price:

I am just curious about the thought discreprence on the price?

I plan on purchasing a 996 Turbo within 6-18 months and have started looking into prices of what's out there while starting my more in-depth research on the vehice (hence joining the forums).

This would help me gauge the difference, and as to why some are saying this car can be sold at $6K-$9K over blue book (I think someone posted suggesting $45K within the thread).

Much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 06-07-2015 | 09:05 AM
ZygyKoz
3rd Gear

Officially sold now.
Congrats! That is a sweet looking ride!! Love the color combo!

Old 06-17-2015 | 11:20 AM
ANJ-911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZygyKoz
Hello all.

I am just curious about the thought discreprence on the price?

I plan on purchasing a 996 Turbo within 6-18 months and have started looking into prices of what's out there while starting my more in-depth research on the vehice (hence joining the forums).

This would help me gauge the difference, and as to why some are saying this car can be sold at $6K-$9K over blue book (I think someone posted suggesting $45K within the thread).

Much appreciated. Thank you!
Simply put, it's a Porsche and kbb and nada don't apply for the well sorted and optioned vehicles, especially as they get older and the good examples are harder to come by. Enthusiasts will pay a premium for what they want. This car for instance is speed yellow, has the factory x73 suspension, and is un-modded which is pretty rare in the world of 996 Turbo's.

The 996's have been selling for pretty close to the KBB and NADA values (within $10K it seems) of the suggested price listed by those sites at this point whereas other models, the 993T's in particular have skyrocketed in selling/asking price. For instance NADA lists a 1996 993T for $53K clean retail at 50k miles http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1996/...Turbo-4/Values while this one is listed for $134K https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...50k-miles.html and will probably sell for more than the asking price.

There's a lot of debate on whether the 996's will increase in value, but they have seemed to stabilize over the past few years and there's a good chance, IMO, that the good/rare examples will rise in value over the next few years, especially if the economy remains in good shape.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-18-2015 | 02:25 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ANJ-911
Simply put, it's a Porsche and kbb and nada don't apply for the well sorted and optioned vehicles, especially as they get older and the good examples are harder to come by. Enthusiasts will pay a premium for what they want. This car for instance is speed yellow, has the factory x73 suspension, and is un-modded which is pretty rare in the world of 996 Turbo's. The 996's have been selling for pretty close to the KBB and NADA values (within $10K it seems) of the suggested price listed by those sites at this point whereas other models, the 993T's in particular have skyrocketed in selling/asking price. For instance NADA lists a 1996 993T for $53K clean retail at 50k miles http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1996/...Turbo-4/Values while this one is listed for $134K https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...50k-miles.html and will probably sell for more than the asking price. There's a lot of debate on whether the 996's will increase in value, but they have seemed to stabilize over the past few years and there's a good chance, IMO, that the good/rare examples will rise in value over the next few years, especially if the economy remains in good shape. Hope this helps!
No kidding, my 3.8L '91 964 is apparently worth $16K!
Old 06-26-2015 | 05:42 PM
ZygyKoz
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ANJ-911
Simply put, it's a Porsche and kbb and nada don't apply for the well sorted and optioned vehicles, especially as they get older and the good examples are harder to come by. Enthusiasts will pay a premium for what they want. This car for instance is speed yellow, has the factory x73 suspension, and is un-modded which is pretty rare in the world of 996 Turbo's.

The 996's have been selling for pretty close to the KBB and NADA values (within $10K it seems) of the suggested price listed by those sites at this point whereas other models, the 993T's in particular have skyrocketed in selling/asking price. For instance NADA lists a 1996 993T for $53K clean retail at 50k miles http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1996/...Turbo-4/Values while this one is listed for $134K https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...50k-miles.html and will probably sell for more than the asking price.

There's a lot of debate on whether the 996's will increase in value, but they have seemed to stabilize over the past few years and there's a good chance, IMO, that the good/rare examples will rise in value over the next few years, especially if the economy remains in good shape.

Hope this helps!
Thank you and yes that helps. I will definitely take that to mind during my preparations.

Ideally I'll find a 2002-2004 with the X50 package, but I'm a realist and will take any good turbo. I drove one of my friends in the mid 2000s and simply fell in love. I'm getting married next year and this will be my wedding gift to myself.

So far this forum has been great reading, especially the Porsche PPI info and what test to have on the car and how to get ready to buy.

For those who know I'm here because I read Doug DeMuro and he mentioned this site for Porsche enthusiasts!

Also everyone here seems extra friendly which is nice, not all car forums are like that!

Cheers

Quick Reply: 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo