Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2000 Porsche 911 C2 - LN IMS, OEM CF, Aerokit, Immaculate!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 01:09 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2000 Porsche 911 C2 - LN IMS, OEM CF, Aerokit, Immaculate!

Year: 2000
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996
Mileage (numbers only please): 97000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Metallic Black
Price (no $ sign please): $22500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Summary: 2000 Porsche 911 C2, 3.4L flat-six, 6-speed manual transmission, 97k miles, Metallic Black over Graphite Gray, LN IMS, RMS, and clutch recently done, lots of options, super clean, $22,500 OBO. Owned by an ****-retentive engineer and maintained to the highest standard.

Exterior

Exterior paint is Metallic Black, a great color that often looks more like a dark gray in different lighting. The car has been repainted due to a prior accident, I would rate the paint quality as good but not show quality. I have no information on the accident other than the Carfax record, panels and gaps look great but the entire car has been repainted. It has a deep gloss, great shine, limited front rock chips, and only a few small blemishes as detailed in the photos. Body is very straight with no dents or dings. The side skirts and rear wing are factory Porsche Aerokit, while the front bumper has a GT3Tek Polyurethane front spoiler installed. Wheels are OZ Alleggerita HLT, a very lightweight and attractive wheel (weight certs included), and installed with OtisLA billet spacers 7mm front and 15 mm rear. Tires are nearly new Bridgestone Potenza S04. Headlights are the desirable Litronic HID, the right lens shows a very small amount of yellowing. Side markers are OEM Hella smoked, original orange lenses are included. The original rear wiper has been removed with a Bumperplugs rear wiper delete kit, it is included and 100% operable. Front license plate holes have also been filled with Bumperplugs. Overall I would rate the exterior as being great driver quality, it looks fantastic and only shows flaws under close examination.

Interior

Interior is Graphite Gray full leather, which covers nearly every surface in the interior with leather and adds very nice French stitching on the door panels, rear panels, and dash. The leather is in great condition except for a small area of sun damage on the passenger dash, please see the photo. Seats are in good condition with only minor wear, no cracking or tears. The carbon fiber is OEM Porsche as well, but the batwing, door pulls, and PCM surround have been replaced with new pieces from DB Carbon in Germany due to yellowing of the original parts. The driver’s door pocket has slight yellowing as well as a hairline crack in the finish, otherwise the remaining pieces are in good condition. The original carbon fiber defrost trims have been removed due to failure of the carbon fiber, I have replace these with standard Graphite Gray parts that will better handle the sun. Carpet is immaculate with only one flaw next to the passenger seat (see photo), and protected with custom fit Lloyd Rubbertite mats. Other interior options include the desirable 3-spoke wheel, PCM1 navigation and hi-fi speaker option, CD changer, Alcantara headliner, moonroof, power mirrors, and power locks. Upgrades include an OEM storage pocket in place of the navigation CD drive (disks are no longer available for nav), Metallic Black painted center console, Metallic Black painted non-smoker kit, console door hinge reinforcement, Redline Goods shift boot and e-brake boot, Rennline turned aluminum height-adjustable shift ****, and a newer style cigarette lighter that better holds cell phone chargers. I have also replaced a number of small plastic trim pieces due to wear and tear. Other small flaws of note are the keyless entry key is currently not working, the climate control has a small area of pixel fade that does not interfere with reading the display, and the visors are missing the mirror doors that typically get floppy. Overall the interior is very nice, exceptional considering the year and mileage.

Mechanical

Essentially as good as the 996 gets. Zero oil leaks, no smoke, no consumption of any kind. At approximately 90k it received an LN Engineering ceramic IMS, new RMS, new clutch, and the full 90k service. I have continued the trend of over-maintaining the car with all new fluids, new fuel filter, new air filter, new motor mounts, new transmission spacers, new tires, MAF, multiple synthetic oil changes, alignment, and a number of other small items. I cut open the last oil filter at 97517 and found zero metallic particles. Upgrades include a 997 shift console with EvoMS Swift Shift kit (metal bushings, metal shift coupler), Fister style exhaust mod (sounds fantastic), and OZ wheels. With the shift upgrades and new 75W/90 oil the transmission is easily the smoothest shifting 996 I’ve ever driven, zero issues with grinding or 2nd gear pop-out. Steering and suspension is excellent as well, no pulling, vibration, or clunks. I have no record of suspension refresh but know it’s been done, this is my 5th 996 and possibly the best riding and driving example of the bunch. Brakes are freshly bled and strong, no vibration, grinding, squeaking, etc.

Conclusion

This is my 5th 996, and has the highest mileage of the 5. It’s also the best driving of the bunch. It is a very nice looking car inside and out, with only minor flaws that require close inspection. Overall its best described as a fantastic driver quality car, a great car for someone that really wants to enjoy their Porsche. It sounds cliché, but I would hop in and drive it anywhere. I have service records back to 55k as well as the original window sticker, so it is well documented. On request I can provide an Excel service summary and many high resolution photos, please contact me at mattjessup3 at gmail.com. I am a PCA member, active in the Porsche community, and a very particular former mechanic and Aerospace Engineer, I have honestly described this car to the best of my ability. If you want a good driver 996, you won’t be disappointed.

Last edited by onewhippedpuppy; 07-19-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:11 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

For the sharp eyed 996 folks, yes the airbox cold air inlet duct is missing. The old one was cracked, a new one is on order.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Seeeu911
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 16 Posts

Gorgeous car. GLWS
Old 07-05-2014, 12:31 AM
m3chie
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi there,

What is the best way to contact you.

thank you,
Old 07-05-2014, 01:21 AM
V996
Racer

If this was near me I would be so, so tempted despite my lack of funds. GLWS. Looks like someone will get a great car for a fair price on this one.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:16 AM
Kirkwoodloyal
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A+
Someone will be very happy with this automobile.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:21 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. It's a damn good car that I honestly had no intention of selling.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:05 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Bump for a really great car.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:58 PM
AckyE
Rennlist Member

Thats a hot car! Like the retro shift ****.

GLWS!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:13 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

The Rennline shift **** is great. Very high quality piece, a big improvement over the cheap feeling standard 996 ****. You can also adjust the height, I have it relatively high because I like it closer to the wheel for a short reach. With the 997 shifter and EvoMS SwiftShift kit it's super smooth and relatively short without being notchy, easily the best 996 shifter I've used.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:00 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

No more missing intake snorkel!

I also replaced the LH window regulator today, the LH window started creaking when going up/down. One less common issue for the next owner to worry about.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:49 AM
avasaturo
8th Gear

Default sale

Hello, is the car still available ?

What is the best way to contact you if still available?

Thank you.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:14 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Still available, I'll mark this ad as sold when it's gone. My contact info is in the text of my ad. Thanks for the interest!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:11 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Bump.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Perk10
Pro

boy there are some nice 996's poppin up for sale lately. this one is very nice. would look 10x better with some lowering springs and I'm sure any potential buyer will consider that. glws!

Quick Reply: 2000 Porsche 911 C2 - LN IMS, OEM CF, Aerokit, Immaculate!