Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1983 930 Slantnose (RoW)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 08:33 PM
epsdan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1983 930 Slantnose (RoW) - Price Drop (again) - $42K

Year: 1983
Make: Porsche
Model: 930
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 86000
Color: Garnet Red
VIN: WP0ZZZ93ZDS001013
Price (no $ sign please): $47000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

1983 930S – M506 (“ROW”) car, slant nose. 86K miles. New engine ~15K miles ago. Located in Redmond, WA. The car is unmolested, with the only additions that I am aware of are bushings and a strut brace. It’s a very good condition car, with a few paint chips in the air dam, and one imperfection in the dash. The seats show some wear, but not at all excessive for the car. The exterior color is beautiful. The car is a front fender slat delete car. All body s/n’s match.
Also shown is a FAX (circa 1996) from Porsche AG acknowledging that this car “…was indeed converted by our Exclusive Department …”, making it one of 37 or 45, depending on whose numbers you believe. This makes this car a rare, pre-production slantnose car built by Porsche. This isn’t a replica. s/n WP0ZZZ93ZDS001013

I’ve had the car for ~10 years, and barely put 3000 miles on it. Since my ownership, it doesn’t go anywhere, unless it’s dry out. From the looks of it, the PO’s handled it the same way. I’ve had the car, driven it, and enjoyed it. It’s time to move on, for me, and let someone else enjoy this piece of Porsche history. I’ve got a 2011 GT3RS to play with …

More photos available.

E-mail – dan@danrogers.net
Attached Images      

Last edited by epsdan; 05-09-2014 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Price drop
Old 02-19-2014, 07:26 AM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FOr sale?

Originally Posted by epsdan
1983 930S – M506 (“ROW”) car, slant nose. 86K miles. New engine ~15K miles ago. Located in Redmond, WA. The car is unmolested, with the only additions that I am aware of are bushings and a strut brace. It’s a very good condition car, with a few paint chips in the air dam, and one imperfection in the dash. The seats show some wear, but not at all excessive for the car. The exterior color is beautiful. The car is a front fender slat delete car. All body s/n’s match.
Also shown is a FAX (circa 1996) from Porsche AG acknowledging that this car “…was indeed converted by our Exclusive Department …”, making it one of 37 or 45, depending on whose numbers you believe. This makes this car a rare, pre-production slantnose car built by Porsche. This isn’t a replica. s/n WP0ZZZ93ZDS001013

I’ve had the car for ~10 years, and barely put 3000 miles on it. Since my ownership, it doesn’t go anywhere, unless it’s dry out. From the looks of it, the PO’s handled it the same way. I’ve had the car, driven it, and enjoyed it. It’s time to move on, for me, and let someone else enjoy this piece of Porsche history. I’ve got a 2011 GT3RS to play with …

More photos available.

E-mail – dan@danrogers.net
PM me if it is for sale. Would be interested! Thanks.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 AM
Donaldx3
Rennlist Member

Beautiful car shame you have to sell good luck tho it shouldn't be hard to sell
Old 02-22-2014, 02:07 AM
epsdan
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1990ruf
PM me if it is for sale. Would be interested! Thanks.
PM sent.

dan
Old 02-24-2014, 07:55 PM
RufGmbH
AutoX

Default GORGEOUS CAR!!!

Dear Sir:

Gorgeous car. Best of luck...which you won't need...with the sale. I was hoping I could pick your brain for a moment regarding how you got in contact with Porsche RE: special wishes factory car.

Long story short, I have a ROW 1984 930S. When I bought the car I was told it was a "slantnose delete" factory special wish car. It has an 930 "S" stamped in the glovebox. I know this at least means that it came with the upgraded "S" engine (ROW 330 PS vs 300 for normal 930 ROW engine; subsequently upgraded to RUF 3.4 L BTR engine). I have been really trying to figure out if the car is indeed a true slantnose delete from the factory. I used a paint meter once and it seemed to be factory depth all around.

Any help on the contact information to Olaf Lang (or whoever is there now) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jason
Old 02-24-2014, 07:56 PM
RufGmbH
AutoX

I should have mentioned. There is also "S" stamped on factory code sticker under trunk lid, but NO "M506". Does your have the code M506. My understanding was they didn't start using M505 USA or M506 ROW until 1987. Again, many thanks.
Jason
Old 02-25-2014, 07:12 PM
epsdan
Advanced

Originally Posted by RufGmbH
Any help on the contact information to Olaf Lang (or whoever is there now) would be greatly appreciated.
Jason,

Thanks for the kind words. I know the hassle of getting any response on these cars from Porsche NA - I went down that path as well, unsuccessfully. I lucked out (at least from a documentation point of view), when I got this paperwork.

My best advice would be to call the only voice number on the fax (plus the country code): (49) 714 139 8383

and see if you get anyone who knows anything about your car. I'd be curious if "Olaf" is still around! ;-)

Take care, and good luck.

(I'll check on the placarding of the vehicle, next time I'm in Washington and post it.)
Old 02-25-2014, 11:47 PM
RufGmbH
AutoX

Hi Dan.

Thanks for your response. I'm going to try that. I've been trying to figure this out since May of 2003. Best of luck with the car. She's a rare beauty.

Cheers,
Jason
Old 03-15-2014, 07:15 PM
epsdan
Advanced

Got a check coming from a guy for the car - we'll see if this is real. I've never had a problem selling a car before, but this one feels .... a little off.

We'll let you guys know what happens - good or otherwise.

Dan
Old 04-02-2014, 06:04 PM
epsdan
Advanced

OK, this one was off. Rennlisters, watch out. There are scammers out there, and they troll this list (no surprise, right?)

OK, the basis of the scam was (1) send a check, (2) have me arrange for a PPI (supposedly), and have the car shipped. What really happened ...

(1) send a check for greater than the amount discussed, and have me send money via Western Union to "his agent" to arrange the PPI, etc. Two problems - the check was from a university in the Upper Midwest, the tracked letter with the check came from someone named Mike in Baton Rouge, and the Buyer was a guy named Brian.

(2) the guy only calls from a blocked or 13-digit number.

How stupid are people that fall for stuff like this? I hate thieves, BTW.

Car's still for sale - impending price drop...

Dan
Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 PM
epsdan
Advanced

Price Drop to $52,000.

dan
Old 04-04-2014, 08:53 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by epsdan
OK, this one was off. Rennlisters, watch out. There are scammers out there, and they troll this list (no surprise, right?)

OK, the basis of the scam was (1) send a check, (2) have me arrange for a PPI (supposedly), and have the car shipped. What really happened ...

(1) send a check for greater than the amount discussed, and have me send money via Western Union to "his agent" to arrange the PPI, etc. Two problems - the check was from a university in the Upper Midwest, the tracked letter with the check came from someone named Mike in Baton Rouge, and the Buyer was a guy named Brian.

(2) the guy only calls from a blocked or 13-digit number.

How stupid are people that fall for stuff like this? I hate thieves, BTW.

Car's still for sale - impending price drop...

Dan
I hate scammers!
Anytime you hear western union or money gram, run.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:35 PM
alex973
Instructor

your price should go up not down, it is a beautiful car I have a 79 930 bad boy with a new engine and transmission, the going price for mine is in the $90K's good luck with the sale, bump to the top
for a nice P Car

Regards

Alex
Old 04-11-2014, 01:31 PM
epsdan
Advanced

Originally Posted by alex973
your price should go up not down, it is a beautiful car I have a 79 930 bad boy with a new engine and transmission, the going price for mine is in the $90K's good luck with the sale, bump to the top
for a nice P Car

Regards

Alex
Thanks, Alex.

I have a couple of guys looking right now, but sofar, it's not sold. We'll give it a bit, then probably put it up on e-bay and let the market decide.

Too many cars, not enough garage. ;-) First world problems, for sure!

dan
Old 04-25-2014, 01:22 AM
epsdan
Advanced

Price drop to $47K. Lots of calls/e-mails. but no money (other than the fake check from Michigan State, Florida, or Baton Rouge, depending on how you look at it).

Dan

Quick Reply: 1983 930 Slantnose (RoW)