Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2007 Porsche 911 997 Carrera 2 coupe 44k miles Xenon 19in Classic wheels 6spd heated

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 12:34 AM
WeakestLink
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Porsche 911 997 Carrera 2 coupe 44k miles Xenon 19in Classic wheels 6spd heated

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 44501
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Red
VIN: WP0AA29947S710435
Price (no $ sign please): $45500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

2007 Porsche 911 997 Carrera Coupe with 44,501 miles
VIN: WP0AA29947S710435
6 speed manual transmission
No Accidents / Clean Carfax
$46,500 or best offer

Guards Red exterior with the following options:

Porsche Base $72,400
Black and Stone Grey two tone interior $3795
Black Mats $115
Xenon lights $1090
Leather Sport Seats $400
Heated Seats $480
"Y" Trim Steering Wheel Aluminum Look $290
Trip Strip Aluminum Look $520
Gear Lever Trim Aluminum Look $290
Gear Lever/Handbrake Aluminum/Leather $1680
19 inch wheels $2335
Porsche Crest in Headrest $270
Steering Wheel in Smooth Leather $490
Destination $795
TOTAL MSRP: $85,000

It also has a professionally installed clear bra that is in excellent condition. Also includes the LoJack Early Warning system (key fob must be present to start the car or an alert will be sent by phone, email or text).

This is one of the cleanest 2007s you will find on the market. Although I am the 3rd owner, the car has only been sold by private party from PCA member to PCA member to PCA member. It has never been to an auto auction or resold by a dealer. The original owner was an IBM executive that sold the car locally to the owner of a airplane manufacturing company who later sold it to me. I have ALL the service records, keys, and books. The car was never raced and has always been adult driven.

The 40k mile service has been completed including oil change, new air filter, new wiper blades, new pollen filter ($705).
The battery was also replaced ($303).
Flush brake system completed ($184).
Four wheel alignment completed ($317).
Four Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires have less than 5,000 highway miles ($2236).
Another oil change was just completed a few weeks ago ($224).
All 4 TPMS sensors (Tire Pressure Monitoring System), that normally last 5-6 years, were just replaced ($1000).
Original wheels had peeling clearcoat (and 2 had been repaired by the original owner) so I replaced all the wheels with Porsche OEM Carrera Classic wheels and had them Road Force Balanced ($1700).
Front brake pads and rotors were just replaced ($932).

In the last 5,000 miles, over $7600 has been invested in maintenance. In the past 2 months, over $4000 has been invested in maintenance. This car is ready to go. You will not find a 2007 997 that has been maintained as well as this car.

Here are the known issues with the car:

1. Cosmetic issues: On the driver's side door, there is some peeling of the plastic coating around the window switches. There is some wear showing on the temperature and fan controls. The "Passenger Airbag" indicator has a rectangular plastic trim piece and part of the trim has chipped off. These are all very minor and not that noticeable. But I wanted to disclose them anyway.

2. When you open the driver's side door, the window usually works properly and moves down about an inch when you open the door and then moves back up when you close the door. Periodically, the window will move down when you open the door but will not move back up automatically when you close the door. You have to use the window control switch to roll it up. I would estimate this happens about once a week. I paid the service center $109 to diagnose the problem and they determined it would cost $546 including parts and labor to replace the door lock. The issue doesn't really bother me so I didn't get it fixed.

3. The onboard computer shows a fault code of "door lock signal implausible" for the passenger door. It does not show up on the dash or interior warning lights. It only comes up when the dealer is running an onboard diagnostics. The passenger door is opened and closed 2x per day and I have never witnessed the supposed problem. If you wanted to fix it, it would cost $457 including parts and labor to replace the side inner handle and a pull cable update. Again, I have never had an issue so I didn't think it was worth spending the money.

That's the story. A super clean car that has been serviced and maintained to the highest standards.

I have a loan on the car through my credit union. The credit union is local so once I receive payment in full, I can get the title immediately. I can assist with shipping arrangements but all shipping costs are the responsibility of the Buyer. Buyer may also choose to fly into Washington Dulles and I would be happy to pick you up at the airport.

Please email me at askterry@gmail.com or call me at 202-630-1010 with any questions. Thanks.

Last edited by WeakestLink; 06-30-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:44 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice clean and good looking!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:25 AM
WeakestLink
Instructor

Thanks. I hate to sell it after I just spent so much money in maintenance but I found another shiny toy.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:56 PM
WeakestLink
Instructor

I would like to sell this car ASAP so if you are interested, please let me know. Otherwise, I will probably just sell it to a local dealership.

Thanks.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:47 PM
WeakestLink
Instructor

Price dropped to $45,500 or best offer. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:52 PM
vasev
5th Gear

Default still available?

Is this car still available? PM me your best price please.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:08 PM
WeakestLink
Instructor

Hi vasev,

Sorry, I just saw this message...and I don't know how to send a PM on this site. Can you email me at askterry@gmail.com? I'm trading the car in to the dealer tomorrow if I don't find a buyer today. Car is also listed on ebay. Thanks.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:13 PM
WeakestLink
Instructor

Hi vasev,

I figured out how to send a PM but it appears your account is not set up to receive PMs. Please email me.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2007 Porsche 911 997 Carrera 2 coupe 44k miles Xenon 19in Classic wheels 6spd heated