Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 997.1 3.6L Carrera street/track build + extras

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 02:18 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default FS: 997.1 3.6L Carrera street/track build + extras

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 60500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: arctic silver
Price (no $ sign please): $39900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Hi,

--UPDATE - price for returned to stock car, with none of track mods

It is perhaps more of a feeler as I found a decent enough cup car to buy but cannot keep both so this one will have to go eventually as I no longer interested in street cars pretty much but this car is built too well just to strip it down, it would be a waste.

Car in its virgin form was a 2006 997.1 arctic silver base Carrera. Has 58K miles, was bought summer 2009 with 39K miles. Now it is a pretty well made street/track build which still looks decent from outside (all stock 100% clean exterior) and is very nice to drive which cannot be said about any 997.1 stock street car.

Car was built and maintained by Eurotech in Framingham, MA.

Drivetrain mods: IPD plenum, Fabspeed 200cell x-pipe cats, Softronic ECU flash (flash cord and support is included), GT Gears torque-biased differential on 6 speed manual gearbox.
To deal with potential oil starvation on track car has 996 X51 oil pan installed. Engine mounts are semi-solid WEVO SS to provide excellent engine stability in corners.
Car`s torque is very equal up to redline and on mustang dyno shows 289hp on wheels.

On maintenance side - last season RMS was replaced, clutch was replaced with new stock unit, flywheel was replaced with same stock one, AOS was replaced, serpentine belt replaced, spark plugs replaced, coils replaced - car was 100% refreshed as i keep it in top running shape.

Car still has stock wheel carriers and stock brake calipers with GT3 air ducts for ventilation. Master brake cylinder was replaced with GT3 one that gives great pedal feel and helps a lot on the track. Gas pedal has rennline heel&toe extension.

Suspension:
Shocks: JRZ RS 2 way adjustable coilovers (similar to 996 spec cars but for 997 model line), springs are #600 Eibach with #150 tender front, rear is #700 Eibach main with #150 tender spring.

Rear axle: ERP (Cary Eisenlohr) built dogbones, 996 GT3 LCAs, steel monoball GT3 upper shock mount, Tarett adjustable toe arms with ERP rod ends.

Front axle: ERP thrust (fork) arms, 996 GT3 LCAs with solid metal thrust arm bushings, monoball GT3 upper shock mounts.

Sway bars are most recent GT3 (thicker) version suncoast sells.

Total price of suspension build alone was $15K+.

Car got new front tie rods this season. Suspension is checked on monthly basis pretty much and is in the ideal shape. It is not a DD beater car, it handles like magic. Aligment is set -2.7 deg front, -2.3 deg rear camber, 0 toe front, 0.13 toe rear, 8.2 caster. tire wear is good and equal. Street stock rims are Carrera classics 5 spoke with Z1 StarSpec Dunlops, close to full tread, 235/275 R18 tires. Rear left rim has minor scuff marks.

Exterior: 100% stock all around, all clean with no marks on the front as it got clear bra on the hood and fenders. very good condition as by my standards i can rarely claim 'excellent' even for a stock brand new car. I have 3rd radiator kit i did not install yet so it comes with a car too.

Interior: car has stock PCM navigation module retrofitted, multifunction steering wheel, has bluetooth/ipod Mobridge unit, has mods4cars unit, has hardwired V1 detector.

for track car has removable R-1030 Brey Krause harness bar and JetPilot harness with anti-sub belt.
Driver`s seat is Recaro Sporster CS – it reclines and folds forward, 'bucket-like' seat, extremely comfortable. Passenger seat is stock, original stock driver seat also included.

Track wheels i also give away are 9" and 12" CCW C10 currently with 275 nt01 front and 335 RA1 tires, both are close to half tread left. Car is modified to run on extra wide rubber, widest is 275/335, you can also use 255/315 or 265/335. Ride height is adjusted for pleasant street performance and is currently just a bit lower than GT3 stock level but can be dropped down more if needed.

This offer is great for an enthusiast who wants an already built ultimate car that is ready to get on a track right away and eat up any stock gt3 car in corners. It also rides perfectly on the street, ride is smooth and not bumpy as spring rates were chosen very wisely.

Car by now has more than $30K invested into it with various modifications and was maintained to the highest standard by Eurotech shop that builds and maintains top level race cars.

Car was refreshed recently and now has new plugs, AOS, RMS, belt, flywheel and clutch - was a $6K job when old cluth went as i got GT Gears TBD installed t same time. New water pump. IMS was inspected and was fine with no signs of leaks or issues. It hopefully should be problem free for quite a while now. Also it still has CPO warranty until July or August 2012. I rarely use dealer as I prefer to trust my mechanic.

It is obviously not a kind of a deal for bargain seekers and i am not interested to take it apart, if no one would be interested to buy it 'as is' I will keep riding it for a while.
Car also comes with all original parts as I kept them all, full stock suspension included. If anybody would be interested - PM me requests and I can email pictures or we can arrange to meet.

Price is firm and will not change. $59K with no tricks, personal transaction at my or your bank branch only, for all listed above - all what is in the car plus track rims plus all stock parts i kept. Only thing I am not selling is Aim Solo/Smartycam data system but car got hook-ups for it and I can give you a cord that has custom connector as AiM was hard-wired to CAN bus for data collection.

What is quite unique and nice about this car is the fact that it was modified to perform extremely well on the track outrunning stock GT3 RS cars in corners and it is still very nice for regular driving on the street. Most track oriented builds are not quite pleasnat to drive on the street, but this car still is, if not it would cost much less. It was great fun for me to build this project but now it is done and complete, so, i would prefer to part with it and start building something new.
PM me if interested. I am not going to put it on sale anywhere else this season.

Last edited by utkinpol; 10-09-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:38 AM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GLWS...you certainly know how to build one awesome DE car.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Sebaflex
Advanced

sounds like a very fun car to drive. whoever picks this up will have a blast, GLWS
Old 05-20-2012, 02:46 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

GLWS - from all the stuff you've posted re the build and wiring the car looks very neatly done - some one smart enough/lucky enough to know what they're driving will snap it up. Pity about the round headlights tho
Old 05-25-2012, 01:48 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Any update here?
Old 05-26-2012, 05:59 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

not so much. i guess economy is not that great at the moment.

i have decided on what i want to build - a '99 E36 based racer, 320hp. not sure if i want to go with cup car, engine/tranny just costs too much to rebuild... i want to start with something cheaper, yet dedicated.

sooo, if anybody wants a whole deal with all 'ready to go' items - let me know.
car is great, but i just want more.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Taxi?
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul,

GLWS. I'll miss your frequent contributions to the 997 forum.

Best regards,

Jeff
Old 05-29-2012, 03:31 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

well, if nobody here cares of a track goodies i will put all stock internals into it and will drop it off at carmax most likely, at the end of this season.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:54 PM
DoubleA
Track Day

So, the car and the build appeals to me... a lot. BUT, how about some pix? I mean, I am that guy who is looking to get into DE's and has little to no experience to do what you have done. It all makes for a great read but I want to take a glance back at the car after piloting it and be impressed. Pix help.

That said, stripping your car out and putting it in a Carmax lot sounds criminal. You're trying to guilt someone into buying it, and it will work!
Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

ok, here are pictures as i got car ready for next event.
you can see clear bra on the hood on 1st pic.
price is still non-negotiable, consider it my gift to a fellow rennlister.
if you want CAN bus hooked-up Solo DL timer is can go too for its full retail price of $699 as it will be a very nice thing to have. smartycam i will keep for next car.
Attached Images      

Last edited by utkinpol; 06-01-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:02 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

more pics.
you can see - front rotors are new, rear ones have a bit of wear but no cracks. car was washed 2 days ago and i did not care to dry them as it will all go away after first drive. new EBC pads on, i will also give RS29 set i have. it hurts to add up $ of all this stuff.
Attached Images      

Last edited by utkinpol; 06-01-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:04 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

here is how harness bar looks like.
Attached Images   
Old 06-01-2012, 12:14 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by buckwheat987
GLWS...you certainly know how to build one awesome DE car.
it is awesome. but if I sell it wife agreed after we buy new house i will get a trailer and a real race car. she thinks it will be _cheaper_. heh.
so, i will let this one go with a loss. it is all about family politics.

plus you can see on the pictures - damn driveway does not let me to put on proper aero front.

Last edited by utkinpol; 06-01-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

ok, i want to do different project car over winter, if anybody wants this car in returned to stock form - new price will be $39900, it will come with stock seats, stock suspension, only mods left will be 200cell cats, softronic ecu flash (you can flash it back to stock if you want yourself), oil pan and gearbox has gtgears TBD unit. great car for great price but with none of goodies shown above included. let me know if interested.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:01 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

if anybody interested in a car as it is with JRZs - I can sell it for $50k. let me know.
I still cannot decide what to do next. it runs great. 62k miles now. also got a new front lip - see avatar

I have all stock suspension bits but it just feels wrong to put it all back. it drives awesome.

Quick Reply: FS: 997.1 3.6L Carrera street/track build + extras