Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1997 Porsche 911 C2 (993) Dark Blue

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 07:23 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts
Default 1997 Porsche 911 C2 (993) Dark Blue

Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 58402
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Dark Blue
VIN: WP0AA2998VS321665
Price (no $ sign please): $53993
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I don't know why my previous ad was closed...this is a do-over! There has been some interest, but the car remains for sale. I'd really like to see this car go to an enthusiast who will enjoy owning and driving it.

My 1997 Porsche 911 C2 Coupe is For Sale. 58,4xx miles, 6 speed manual, Flachblau (Solid, or Flat, Dark Blue; rare) exterior, Savannah Beige interior, Comfort seats, Motorsound, CDR210. All fluids were replaced last year. The battery is 1 year old. The frunk struts were replaced. The driver’s door weatherstripping was worn and has been replaced. The stoneguards have been replaced. The tools, spare tire, and owner’s manual are present. I have two key fobs; one is a switchblade, and I converted the other over to the separate fob and key. I have another “separate” blank fob. There was a clear CarFax when I purchased the car, and there have been no accidents or incidents during my ownership. The reason for the sale is that I have driven this car very little, and I decided to go to a more modern platform (last year). I have owned this car since 2004, and it has always been garaged and covered during my ownership. I have the title in hand and there are no liens. The car is located in east central NJ, near Toms River. PPIs are welcome.

I have little information on prior history to my ownership, but the car was sold new in FL. As the pictures show, a previous owner modified the car to look like a 993 Twin Turbo, and it has a Turbo front bumper (with brake ducts and small fog lights) and a Turbo rear spoiler; I have no original spoiler parts. The car has Champion RG5 19 inch wheels; I do not have the originals. There is slight curb rash on a couple of the wheels, and the wheels’ clear coat is wearing. Also added were a carbon/aluminum shifter and e-brake handle. There is window tint on the back window and rear side windows.

The front and rear of the body have obviously been repainted, and a paint meter showed thicker paint front and rear, blended into the rest. It’s possible, but unlikely, that the entire car has been repainted, but there have been no paint or body problems during my ownership, and I believe they would have appeared by now. There are just a few small chips in the front, but the paint overall is very good. I do not see any dings, and there are no dents. The car was detailed last year, and again in May. I would rate the exterior 8.5 or 9 out of 10. Aside from bolster wear on the driver’s seat left bolster, the interior is excellent, and I would rate the interior 9 out of 10. The brakes (rotors, calipers, and pads) are in excellent shape, the pads have much more than half their life remaining. The tires are older Dunlop Sport 9000s, but have very little mileage. The clutch is most likely original, but works flawlessly. Similarly, the suspension appears original but works well. (I do have a Bilstein PSS9 coilover kit available separately, if the buyer is interested.) Mechanically, the engine and gearbox perform flawlessly. The 60k mile service has been performed (all new spark plugs). The AC system has been recharged and blows cold air. No leaks were found during testing of the AC system.

Issues: The engine’s left bank O-rings are seeping; no other leaks were noted. The front jacking points are deformed; they were in this condition when I purchased the car. Driver’s seat bolster wear. Slight curb rash on two wheels. The wheels’ clearcoat is wearing.

I feel that this car is a good quality driver’s car, but not a concours example. Because of the rare color, a great color combination, some tasteful mods, and moderately low mileage I am asking $53,993.00, but will entertain serious offers. I will accept funds wired directly to my account, or a bank cashier’s check. I’m available via PM, e-mail, or phone (number upon request) to discuss any questions. My e-mail is gt4caster@gmail.com.

Thank you very much. Jim
Attached Images         

Last edited by 9elheven; 09-26-2017 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Updated Info On AC: AC is now operating
Old 09-08-2017, 11:21 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,177 Likes on 844 Posts

That sounds very reasonable for that car !! too bad im out of garages !!!.
GLWS
Old 09-09-2017, 12:48 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

My sincere thanks for your feedback, theiceman! Is there a garage shortage in CA? Seriously, this 993 is aesthetically very good and drives great. I'm hoping it'll go to someone who will enjoy it.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:36 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

What wheels are those on your car as I believe they deserve mentioning!
Nice example,!
GLWS
Old 09-10-2017, 09:56 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

nine9six, thanks for the comments. The wheels are Champion RG5s. They came on the car when I purchased it. I believe they are forged, but those who know more than I do can verify that. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2017, 08:33 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 80 Posts

Considering how crazy pricing on everything else aircooled have gone, your asking is very reasonable. Beautiful car, and I hope it goes quickly to a deserving buyer!!
Old 09-17-2017, 11:03 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^^^ Mikelly, thank you so much for your comments. I, too, hope my car goes to someone who will relish it. There has been some renewed interest, but I do not have a deposit yet and it's still available.

Just to clarify, this is a 1997 911 C2 Coupe, a narrow body car, which was modified by a previous owner who added a turbo spoiler and either a turbo bumper with small fog lights and brake ducts, or just replaced the inner portion of the oblong fog lights with the brake duct / small round fog combination. I was told by a knowledgeable owner at the PCA Open House in MD on Saturday that the Euro turbo bumpers did not have the bumperettes, which mine has.

Again, thanks to those who responded above for your positive comments.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:45 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Bump for a nice, stand-up seller.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:14 PM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 9elheven
I was told by a knowledgeable owner at the PCA Open House in MD on Saturday that the Euro turbo bumpers did not have the bumperettes, which mine has.
That knowledgeable owner is correct, you have what would appear to be a North American Turbo bumper on your C2 narrow body. A very nice upgrade none the less! 👍
Very nice car and GLWS!
Old 09-19-2017, 10:45 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

P-daddy, thank you so much for your response! I enjoyed meeting you at the PCA Open House, and I must say I was very envious of your gorgeous Fly (Ferrari) Yellow 993. Your hard work and attention to detail on your car was obvious. And it sounded fabulous as you pulled away!

2RedPorsche, I appreciate the clarification on the bumper, as well as your sentiments. Thanks!

I've had a few more contacts evincing interest in the car. All PMs and e-mails have been responded to, and I will take additional pictures for those who reached out as soon as the rain from Jose ends. Sincere thanks for your interest!
Old 09-26-2017, 07:17 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

I updated my ad to reflect that the AC system has been recharged and is now working normally. No leaks were found during testing by the shop.

I've had contact from a few interested parties; one person was waiting to hear back about the AC system. But, no one has snatched up this beautiful example of a 993 yet!
Old 09-27-2017, 03:32 PM
phowley
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Coupe

Jim,

Please call to discuss a time that we can meet to see your car.
I'm in Monmouth County.
Thanks,

Phil
Old 09-27-2017, 04:22 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Phil - It was nice talking with you. Thanks for reaching out! Jim
Old 10-05-2017, 06:33 PM
MJ101
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jim,

I emailed you earlier regarding your Porsche. Let me know if still available.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-05-2017, 08:38 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^^^ Hi Mike - Thanks for reaching out. My car is still available; I've had a couple of offers, but wasn't moved to accept them. I replied to your e-mail with the information and pictures you requested. It's a very nice car. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 1997 Porsche 911 C2 (993) Dark Blue