Sponsored by:

EA: We need a class action attorney

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 09:30 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 265 Posts
Default EA: We need a class action attorney

I’ve always maintained Electrify America took the dieselgate funds to build but not maintain charger network. I was wrong. I read more into the consent decree:

1. ….. Regardless of whether maintenance is performed in house or by a contractor, Electrify America has ensured contractual requirements to reasonably resolve issues with all stations within a maximum of 72 hours.

2. Electrify America will ensure no lapses in maintenance coverage for 10 years from the Partial Consent Decree effective date.

National ZEV Investment Plan: Cycle 2 Public Version – February 4, 2019
https://www.epa.gov/sites/default/fi...stmentplan.pdf

This forum has a good class action attorney?

Last edited by Dr. G7; 01-15-2023 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:56 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Who owns EA anyway? Does Porsche own some % of EA?
Old 01-16-2023, 01:36 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 1,094 Posts

4 chargers in fashion island Newport Beach have been offline for weeks.
3 chargers in Sam Clemente would not connect to Porsche connect.
**** ea.
The following users liked this post:
Dr. G7 (01-16-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 01:50 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,726 Likes on 5,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
I’ve always maintained Electrify America took the dieselgate funds to build but not maintain charger network. I was wrong. I read more into the consent decree:

1. ….. Regardless of whether maintenance is performed in house or by a contractor, Electrify America has ensured contractual requirements to reasonably resolve issues with all stations within a maximum of 72 hours.

2. Electrify America will ensure no lapses in maintenance coverage for 10 years from the Partial Consent Decree effective date.

National ZEV Investment Plan: Cycle 2 Public Version – February 4, 2019
https://www.epa.gov/sites/default/fi...stmentplan.pdf

This forum has a good class action attorney?
You do realize that a class action lawsuit against EA will do nothing for you, me, or any other Taycan (or non-Tesla) owner, right?

All it will do is line the pockets of the lawyers (both plaintiff and defendant lawyers, the former with court-awarded fees and latter because EA has to pay someone to defend them).

And all we -- meaning you, me and any other Taycan or non-Tesla owner -- will get is a coupon for maybe something like 30 minutes of free charging on (wait for it) ... an EA station. That still doesn't work.

Yeah, go get'em Dr. G7.
The following 7 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
earl pottinger (01-18-2023), George from MD (01-23-2023), mhconley (01-22-2023), Mikey K (03-19-2023), ThomasCarreraGTS (01-22-2023), Tupper (01-22-2023), Vfr750 (02-07-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-16-2023, 02:26 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
**** ea.
Sure glad I upsized my solar system. I hope the EA chargers in Irvine and Foothill Ranch work.
Old 01-16-2023, 06:48 AM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
You do realize that a class action lawsuit against EA will do nothing for you, me, or any other Taycan (or non-Tesla) owner, right?

All it will do is line the pockets of the lawyers (both plaintiff and defendant lawyers, the former with court-awarded fees and latter because EA has to pay someone to defend them).

And all we -- meaning you, me and any other Taycan or non-Tesla owner -- will get is a coupon for maybe something like 30 minutes of free charging on (wait for it) ... an EA station. That still doesn't work.

Yeah, go get'em Dr. G7.
you are correct, the owners of EVs would see little monetary compensation but a lawsuit could inspire EA to hire more/better techs and get the system more reliable.
Dr. G7 (01-23-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 10:02 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, go get'em Dr. G7.
The lawsuit is not for me to get rich. I have other means for the three squares and roof. The lawsuit is to help everyone who is suffering because of the dodgy EA infrastructure, had to suffer range anxiety and BP180/120. If some lawyers get rich from this lawsuit, more power to them.
chillindrdude (01-17-2023)

Trending Topics

Old 01-16-2023, 10:10 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kort677
you are correct, the owners of EVs would see little monetary compensation but a lawsuit could inspire EA to hire more/better techs and get the system more reliable.
Exactly.

Point is NOT trying to get getting monetary compensation from EA. Point is to force EA to straighten up their act.

BTW, In dieselgate, VW owners did get monetary compensation.

What are the other options about the dodgy EA infrastructure? Just keep posting our horror stories on various forums? That’s the solution? Meanwhile EA is thumbing their collective noses at us and or giving us the one finger salute.

Last edited by Dr. G7; 01-16-2023 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-16-2023, 10:22 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Who owns EA anyway? Does Porsche own some % of EA?
From the oracle (Wikipedia)

Electrify America … is a subsidiary of Volkswagen Group of America, established in late 2016 by the automaker as part of its efforts to offset emissions in the wake of the Volkswagen emissions scandal.”

BTW, EA is located in the same building as VW headquarters in VA, CEO of EA is Giovanni Palazzo, former executive at VW. At least two EA leadership team ex-VW.

VW “owns” Porsche.

Last edited by Dr. G7; 01-16-2023 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-16-2023, 10:29 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Spyerx
**** ea.
And EA has promised fix by 72 hours
Old 01-16-2023, 10:46 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

I am not an attorney, but am I missing something here?
EA (VW) is a party to a settlement agreement with the US. If that agreement is violated, is it not the US government to force compliance? The Department of Transportation is the first place to contact. I encourage all EA station users to keep notes about their experience validating non compliance with maintaining the stations. I think that if the DOT receives enough complaints, they might investigate.
Old 01-16-2023, 11:30 AM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Sure glad I upsized my solar system. I hope the EA chargers in Irvine and Foothill Ranch work.
How does your solar system help you when you're driving away from home/road trips?
The following 4 users liked this post by XLR82XS:
Dr. G7 (01-16-2023), George from MD (01-23-2023), kort677 (01-16-2023), ThomasCarreraGTS (01-22-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 11:41 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
How does your solar system help you when you're driving away from home/road trips?
Long, very long extension cord?
16PanaHybrid (01-30-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 11:45 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
I am not an attorney, but am I missing something here?
EA (VW) is a party to a settlement agreement with the US. If that agreement is violated, is it not the US government to force compliance? The Department of Transportation is the first place to contact. I encourage all EA station users to keep notes about their experience validating non compliance with maintaining the stations. I think that if the DOT receives enough complaints, they might investigate.
I don’t think DOT is the responsible agency.

Through a series of three partial settlements, the EPA has resolved a civil enforcement case against Volkswagen AG, Audi AG, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., “

Maybe it is EPA or the enforcement agency?

Again, this is the reason we need a big class action legal team.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:53 PM
Jonathan S.
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

All it will do is line the pockets of the lawyers (both plaintiff and defendant lawyers, the former with court-awarded fees and latter because EA has to pay someone to defend them). [...]
Wrong!
Will also benefit economists. So many hours to be billed to determine the damages from all that lost time and add’l miles trying to recharge EVs.
(This actually would be an interesting analytical exercise – I can already envision my spreadsheet coming into formation...)

Plus the expert witnesses retained by the various law firms to opine on what "reasonably" means in the context of charger station maintenance and repair.

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
I don’t think DOT is the responsible agency.

“Through a series of three partial settlements, the EPA has resolved a civil enforcement case against Volkswagen AG, Audi AG, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., “

Maybe it is EPA or the enforcement agency?

Again, this is the reason we need a big class action legal team.
Having worked on some diesel cheating cases (though alas not the VAG biggie), a matter of this magnitude is not handled exclusively by EPA in Administrative Court, but rather by what is essentially its outside counsel, the U.S. Department of Justice (specifically, the Environmental Enforcement Section of the Environment & Natural Resources Division), in Federal District Court.

That said, once the consent decree is entered, the enforcement of it ... I’m not sure. I do remember some cases whose consent decrees had automatic “reopeners” but I have no idea how this one works / worked / should work / might work / could conceivably work.

Quick Reply: EA: We need a class action attorney