Received 586 Likes on 239 Posts

Revised build. Looks much better.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:38 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

2nd revision.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPPSW678

revised to drop pricing to be more inline with new budget constraints (due to recession). i'm tightening the belts alittle (previous build was 141k and this is just over 130k). i was reading the stock 4S without the performance pack bits is still driving well, and limits are well above even spirited canyon runs. can anyone else confirm this?

Old 07-08-2022, 10:47 AM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 118 Posts

I would drop the Innodrive back to just the ACC if you are trying to save some money. From what I hear it isn't all that great. Also, I would personally forgo the roof rails and gloss black inlays in order to get the full leather, it is a huge improvement to the interior. If you are happy with the build, that is really all that matters though.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:23 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TXSchnee
I would drop the Innodrive back to just the ACC if you are trying to save some money. From what I hear it isn't all that great. Also, I would personally forgo the roof rails and gloss black inlays in order to get the full leather, it is a huge improvement to the interior. If you are happy with the build, that is really all that matters though.
i currently daily a model x which is what this taycan will replace. on my 2+hr highway drives to go fly fishing, mountain biking, or snowboarding, i do utilize the enhanced autopilot a fair bit. I assumed the porsche inno-drive is their execution of the feature. can anyone comment more on it's worthiness? if it stinks, i agree, i would cut it out.

i do need the roof rails in case i desire the flexibility for a roof mounted bike, snowboard, or fly rod carrier.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:47 AM
JWreck
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It is replacing a daily driver, and there aren't a lot of great driving roads around Austin anymore (they are all too busy to be enjoyable). I live out in hill country, and on a twisty road, wondering if ptv+ will be sufficient. I almost have too long of a wait, will be second guessing options for the next 9 months.
Whereabouts in Austin are you? I’m up north so close to lime creek road, 1431 to marble falls, cow creek, etc.
Old 07-09-2022, 12:24 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by JWreck
Whereabouts in Austin are you? I’m up north so close to lime creek road, 1431 to marble falls, cow creek, etc.
I live off of Nameless Rd, built a new house on some acreage out here.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:52 AM
TxnBluDvl
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I would also forego Innodrive and just get ACC. You can always try Innodrive later using FoD before buying. But, you need ACC to do so.

I would also upgrade the interior to full leather over gloss black trim. That trim can also be added later. Or, wrapped by a PPF/vinyl shop if you really want it.

Old 07-10-2022, 06:54 PM
edkwon
Racer

Received 246 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by TxnBluDvl
I would also forego Innodrive and just get ACC. You can always try Innodrive later using FoD before buying. But, you need ACC to do so.

I would also upgrade the interior to full leather over gloss black trim. That trim can also be added later. Or, wrapped by a PPF/vinyl shop if you really want it.
Agree with both, option ACC only since that is hardware that cannot be easily retrofitted later. That's what I did, and then later I did an FoD purchase of Active Lane Keep after doing a 3 month free trial.

Between the two features (ACC + ALK) that's all the drivers aid I need for those boring rush hour traffic drives or boring monotonous straight line road trips.

​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by edkwon:
chillindrdude (07-12-2022), TxnBluDvl (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 10:41 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by edkwon
Agree with both, option ACC only since that is hardware that cannot be easily retrofitted later. That's what I did, and then later I did an FoD purchase of Active Lane Keep after doing a 3 month free trial.

Between the two features (ACC + ALK) that's all the drivers aid I need for those boring rush hour traffic drives or boring monotonous straight line road trips.

​​​
good idea, sounds like innodrive isnt worthwhile at the present.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:47 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

rev 4. and hopefully final build. comments welcome!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPLVBN75

added back in RAS and the 150kw/400v charger (if EA speeds increase and superchargers open up in the near future)
Old 07-27-2022, 01:44 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
rev 4. and hopefully final build. comments welcome!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPLVBN75

added back in RAS and the 150kw/400v charger (if EA speeds increase and superchargers open up in the near future)
Unless you have driven one with 21" wheels, ride quality is what I'd be most concerned about. You don't want to have too stiff a ride just to have a better looking wheel. Maybe it's not a problem but thought I'd throw that in. If you go back to 20" wheels, not only do you squeeze out a bit more range, but you'll have a better ride. Then, I'd take that money and put it towards a leather interior with contrast stitching. I just think a car in this price range needs a leather interior.

I've seen some talk about being able to retrofit the 22KW AC charger on 2021 and onward cars (and you can add it onto your build) but I'm not sure if anyone can take advantage of that when charging at home as you need 3 Phase power, which most residences don't have. Any thoughts on that? Without a 22KW AC charger, we need 12 hours to get the battery from zero to full charge?

Quick Reply: cool story bro, ordered a CT4S