Sponsored by:

cool story bro, ordered a CT4S

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 10:42 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

looking thru my build last night,

im rethinking the performance pkg. thinking i dont really "need" the gimmicky porsche sound or pdcc+ (since CG is already pretty low).

​​​​​​opted for rear wheel steer and porsche torque vectoring, rationale being they would make a noticeable difference if absent.

​​​​any opinions?
Old 05-19-2022, 10:48 AM
friskygeek
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my fedback on your build:

1. Agree with others on the weels. Consider updating to a more sportier look
2. Add the rear steering
3. Add the On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger. Ive been told its a must to allow for charging while on the go.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:56 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

i guess an additional hesitancy with 21inch wheels is the lesser selection of tire choices. but i agree, they look so good in jet black metallic...
Old 05-19-2022, 01:36 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

RWD + PTV and the wheels over the Performance Pkg all day.
The following users liked this post:
chillindrdude (05-19-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 04:01 PM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

My take:

*Nice build! Similar to the CT4 build I am planning on/waiting for my allotment.

*Keep those wheels. You can put aftermarket ones on later if you want.

*I am not getting InnoDrive after watching a video (posted here on Rennlist, IIRC) that basically trashes it. I am getting ACC and ALK.

*2+1 seat is of questionable value I have read.

Old 05-23-2022, 08:37 AM
frederik
Racer

Received 192 Likes on 112 Posts

It's kind of puzzling why Porsche offers so many "meh" wheel designs on the Taycan. The only one that I find really attractive is the Mission-E wheel but I would hesitate to go to 21" because of potholes, cracked rims, etc.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:31 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,031 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by frederik
It's kind of puzzling why Porsche offers so many "meh" wheel designs on the Taycan. The only one that I find really attractive is the Mission-E wheel but I would hesitate to go to 21" because of potholes, cracked rims, etc.
To maximize the Porsche tax paid.

When you are spending 100k+ on the car, what’s another few thousand to make it look better!
Old 05-23-2022, 11:48 AM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

I notice that a few people don't think the Performance package is worth it. I have PDCC on my Cayenne, but was wondering if it was necessary on the Taycan? Would adding the PTV be enough, or would I need to also add Rear Wheel steer? My allocation won't be up until January, but I did give a build to my dealer that had the Performance Pack in.
Old 05-23-2022, 02:27 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXSchnee
I notice that a few people don't think the Performance package is worth it. I have PDCC on my Cayenne, but was wondering if it was necessary on the Taycan? Would adding the PTV be enough, or would I need to also add Rear Wheel steer? My allocation won't be up until January, but I did give a build to my dealer that had the Performance Pack in.
I think it depends on if you want to use your Taycan as a daily or if you want to take it in the canyons. For me personally I have other cars for spirited drives so the Taycan will just be replacing my Tesla which we just use a daily. On my build I am going with RWS and PTV+ only.
Old 05-23-2022, 07:55 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by armanslr
I think it depends on if you want to use your Taycan as a daily or if you want to take it in the canyons. For me personally I have other cars for spirited drives so the Taycan will just be replacing my Tesla which we just use a daily. On my build I am going with RWS and PTV+ only.
It is replacing a daily driver, and there aren't a lot of great driving roads around Austin anymore (they are all too busy to be enjoyable). I live out in hill country, and on a twisty road, wondering if ptv+ will be sufficient. I almost have too long of a wait, will be second guessing options for the next 9 months.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:20 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXSchnee
It is replacing a daily driver, and there aren't a lot of great driving roads around Austin anymore (they are all too busy to be enjoyable). I live out in hill country, and on a twisty road, wondering if ptv+ will be sufficient. I almost have too long of a wait, will be second guessing options for the next 9 months.
For me I don't see the need but then again I'm not going to get sport sound or sport chrono, if I was then it makes more sense to get the package since PDCC would be at a discount vs a la carte.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:42 AM
chalthik60
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second the recommendation to choose the 21” wheels, preferably painted black. Painted or not, those standard wheels don’t belong on any Porsche IMO.
Old 05-30-2022, 01:39 AM
chalthik60
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it depends on if you want to use your Taycan as a daily or if you want to take it in the canyons.
mobdro app

Old 05-30-2022, 07:18 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by armanslr
my understanding is that pdcc is basically an active roll bar. that stiffens in a corner to mininize body roll. in an EV, since the CG is already low, is it really necessary? (or a night/day difference?). i drive a model X, and while i dont go canyon carving in it, on the occasional twisty back road or off ramp sweeper, there isnt much roll.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:36 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Not necessary IMO.

Quick Reply: cool story bro, ordered a CT4S