Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mission E / Taycan - Deposits

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 06:21 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 365 Posts

@Champion Porsche my options were $0 to $1000Max. I chose $1000 'to be taken more seriously'. No. 7 on their list 'allegedly'. Please don't put more than $1000 down. This car may be a Royal bust for all we know. Or it may be the biggest thing since the wheel. Who knows. I need to feel it, punch it, turn it, and hopefully hear it too, even if with fake engine roar through the audio system before I fulfill my order. It will be fun to go through the build process though. At least I get to frame the participation certificate we got if that will mean anything in 20 years.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:48 AM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Today I put down a $2500 Taycan deposit at Porsche of Melbourne, FL.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:37 PM
bmwexpat
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 68 Posts

Interesting reading the different experiences various posters have had in "putting a deposit" on a Taycan. Given that each Porsche dealership is a private business it should not be a surprise there is no common valuation for a deposit. In my case the dealer is treating the Taycan like a deposit on a GT car so their standard policy is $2500 deposit. Since this is a refundable deposit, it's not a big deal on a $100K plus car.

What makes this process truly interesting is Porsche's recent announcement that they are doubleing production to 40,000 vehicles annually. In speaking with my salesman, he thinks the Taycan launch will be larger that the Macan launch and that even with producing 40,000 Taycan's there will be at least a 2 year backlog before supply and demand catch up. At this time my salesman is telling me their list is somewhere over 200 cars. People that have never owned a Porsche are coming in and putting $2500 deposits down to get in line. Given that Porsche's largest market is in China, the global allocations are likely somewhere around 13,000 units each for the US, China, & Europe. Given that there are roughly 190 US Porsche dealerships in the US and say each has an average list of 75 units., the first year of production is sold out. At the moment this is nothing but speculation on my part but it is going to an interesting 2019 waiting for any and all scraps of information Porsche dribbles out.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:58 PM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

My dealer sells about 300 cars a year. I am #40 on the list.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Apbc2
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

I gave $1000 deposit. I think i'm in the top 5 at my dealership. I was one of the first calls. It is called the "Taycan Deposit Option Program," so i'm not surprised dealers want some form of deposit.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:17 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwexpat
Interesting reading the different experiences various posters have had in "putting a deposit" on a Taycan. Given that each Porsche dealership is a private business it should not be a surprise there is no common valuation for a deposit. In my case the dealer is treating the Taycan like a deposit on a GT car so their standard policy is $2500 deposit. Since this is a refundable deposit, it's not a big deal on a $100K plus car.

What makes this process truly interesting is Porsche's recent announcement that they are doubleing production to 40,000 vehicles annually. In speaking with my salesman, he thinks the Taycan launch will be larger that the Macan launch and that even with producing 40,000 Taycan's there will be at least a 2 year backlog before supply and demand catch up. At this time my salesman is telling me their list is somewhere over 200 cars. People that have never owned a Porsche are coming in and putting $2500 deposits down to get in line. Given that Porsche's largest market is in China, the global allocations are likely somewhere around 13,000 units each for the US, China, & Europe. Given that there are roughly 190 US Porsche dealerships in the US and say each has an average list of 75 units., the first year of production is sold out. At the moment this is nothing but speculation on my part but it is going to an interesting 2019 waiting for any and all scraps of information Porsche dribbles out.
I had similar observations, which I pointed out in another thread (or maybe this one). Porsche as a company in no way has dictated, to my knowledge how much a dealer is to ask for a specified deposit. Some dealers are treating this as a "GT" car and others are optimistic that there will be enough cars to meet the "said" demand when the final production is actually revealed. It all depends on a guessing game for dealers, as they probably know as much as we do on this forum. I just can't buy into the hype "yet" that this car should be treated as a "gt car", as it is all speculation at this point. However, I'm still looking forward to this car very much and I hope that it will meet the requirements that I have in mind for our family's first EV.......
Old 02-03-2019, 05:34 PM
Rgwirtz
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Closest I’ve seen yet to real thing

This was a photo I screen captured from a video on the Porsche site. The language below says it’s not the final version, but looks production viable. Regular doors. Hood is better than mule suggests and more similar to concept. Wheel flares probably too aggressive but nice looking all around.

Old 02-03-2019, 06:13 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rgwirtz
This was a photo I screen captured from a video on the Porsche site. The language below says it’s not the final version, but looks production viable. Regular doors. Hood is better than mule suggests and more similar to concept. Wheel flares probably too aggressive but nice looking all around.

Yep, that video has been out a while. The screen shot that you have is actually the E Cross Turismo concept. This will be a different model than the Taycan.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:59 AM
Tcots
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A complete article of an italian site:

PORSCHE TAYCAN 2019
​​​​​​​

Old 02-04-2019, 09:12 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Looks like there is going to be a severe shortage of these. Norway and Sweden demand is apparently off the charts from an article I read on Flipboard. I have purchased 6 or 7 Porsches from my dealer including in 2018 a GT3 and a Cayenne Turbo. They required a $2500 deposit for the Taycan but $zero deposit on my PTS GT3. I would be suspicious of the situation if a dealer isn't requiring. I wonder if anyone received the official certificate who didn't put up a deposit $$? Also Porsche of North Houston gave me a choice for and "early" allocation or a "late allocation". I am not clear on exactly what that means from a timing standpoint nor are they really but I took the "early".
Old 02-04-2019, 10:51 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Actually I would be suspicious of dealers on social media advertising the Concept Car as THE production “Taycan”, touting about the numerous deposits they’ve received, and then asking people on social media to make deposits at their dealership.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:31 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasPorschelover
Norway and Sweden demand is apparently off the charts from an article I read on Flipboard.
Norway has been referred to as a 300 car market....but it's also been said they would not see the car until 2020. Just speculation at this point.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:36 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tcots
A complete article of an italian site:

PORSCHE TAYCAN 2019

Well.......that's the mule without the taped on camo.
For me that's disappointing......but to each his own.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:54 AM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GreggT
Translation of first paragraph of that article:The new Porsche Taycan, the first electric car of the House of Zuffenhausen, is almost ready for the official debut. The official presentation should be during the next summer or at the latest at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Meanwhile, we present a rendering that looks a lot like the final version of the car, as shown in this video on the novelties of Auto Bild 2019
Old 02-06-2019, 12:04 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by GreggT
It _is_ disappointing, if this is the Taycan. I'll definitely be waiting to see what the Cross Turismo version looks like; if like what's been shown before, I think it'll be something I'd like to own.

Quick Reply: Mission E / Taycan - Deposits