Sponsored by:

Mission E / Taycan - Deposits

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 03:27 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
It _is_ disappointing, if this is the Taycan. I'll definitely be waiting to see what the Cross Turismo version looks like; if like what's been shown before, I think it'll be something I'd like to own.
The article states it's just a rendering
Old 02-06-2019, 03:37 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Ccpecot
The article states it's just a rendering
It's 'possible' ......however that shot does not appear to be CGI.....at least to my eye.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:13 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,952 Likes on 1,924 Posts

if that shot is real I like it - not sure why people would be disappointed in that - looks like small 4 door sedan - and if handles like a Porsche (Walter says it does) and accelerates like a Tesla (the specs say it will) and has fast charging - I'm not quite sure why that is not my next daily driver…

now all they need to do is actually let me buy it.
The following users liked this post:
W8MM (08-19-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
if that shot is real I like it - not sure why people would be disappointed in that - looks like small 4 door sedan - and if handles like a Porsche (Walter says it does) and accelerates like a Tesla (the specs say it will) and has fast charging - I'm not quite sure why that is not my next daily driver…

now all they need to do is actually let me buy it.
I think that shot looks much better than the mules and I would happy if the final product looks that image. However, I didn't want to get my hopes up because the article clearly states it a rendering. We'll see!
Old 08-17-2019, 08:03 PM
Mark M. Nguyen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to Porsche of Woodland Hills today, they said they weren’t taking any more deposits because they are holding onto too much money. Instead, the salesman put in an order demand under my name. What does that even mean?
Old 08-18-2019, 05:26 PM
BlueGT3
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 56 Posts

does anyone know when US cars will start to be configured/ordered?
Old 08-19-2019, 12:08 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 638 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark M. Nguyen
Went to Porsche of Woodland Hills today, they said they weren’t taking any more deposits because they are holding onto too much money. Instead, the salesman put in an order demand under my name. What does that even mean?
Just tells Porsche that the dealer has a buyer that wants a car. Helps Porsche plan production and allocations.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:12 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlueGT3
Definitely a good question....I posed same to my dealership last week......they are not saying.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:06 PM
sdq7
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

If production is slated to start in September, when will they start the order builds for those in line?
Old 08-19-2019, 02:19 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

So much speculation at this point.....but you'd think that those high on the list would get relatively early build slots (possibly just for 4S and Turbo as the word has trickled out).

Even though Porsche has said (can't remember when/where) that all Taycans will be 'built to order'......that said, this is a mass-produced model so it would not surprise me that early slots may also have significant 'standard builds' for dealer show rooms.

We'll see.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:59 PM
Indiana Jones
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueGT3
Interesting thing I heard from my dealership connection, was that they simply do not know enough yet, but that they are bound to deliver at least one car in the US by year end. He is saying that the whole dealership is perplexed at how they will deliver on this...
Old 08-21-2019, 01:39 PM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I was at my dealer today and was advised the Turbo, Turbo S and perhaps GTS versions will be available in the first year. Then the AWD and RWD version will be available after a year. I hope the EV tax credit lasts a year. Taycans will initially be at PEC for test drives.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:10 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by r553
I was at my dealer today and was advised the Turbo, Turbo S and perhaps GTS versions will be available in the first year. Then the AWD and RWD version will be available after a year.
I realize that you were just reporting what a 'dealer' said....and.....we know that most dealers know next to nothing anyway, however.....all of those models are supposedly AWD.
Also sort of begs the question......what other 'versions' are there than AWD and RWD?
Old 08-21-2019, 04:29 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GreggT
I realize that you were just reporting what a 'dealer' said....and.....we know that most dealers know next to nothing anyway, however.....all of those models are supposedly AWD.
Also sort of begs the question......what other 'versions' are there than AWD and RWD?
I agree with you, as I heard something similar from my dealer. They only said that they "expect" the top model to be available first. If you watched Jonny Smith's test of the Taycan, he also is guessing the same thing. I have my doubts that Porsche would release the top model first, as they don't usually take that route. However, it's all speculation. My guess is if that happens, I don't think everyone who put a deposit will immediately order right away as some will not go for the top model first.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:53 PM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by GreggT
FWD most likely.

Yves

Quick Reply: Mission E / Taycan - Deposits