Sponsored by:

Mission E / Taycan - Deposits

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 08:02 AM
cluster_fsck
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by manitou202
I just received a notification from my dealer to go to a Porsche Corporate website to register for the Taycan deposit. It appears as if they are doing a Tesla like approach and having people register with their deposit. Once registered I received a notification that my selected dealer will contact me about next steps. It didn't require submitting a deposit yet.

Has anyone else seen this? Any idea what's going on? Any idea on the deposit amount?

Here is a link to the site.

https://my.porsche.com/usa/microsite...mance-deposit/

Thanks!
I hadn’t received that notification yet but went ahead and signed up. Looks like it’s just the prequalification step for the official deposit program - no mention of fees that I saw. It links to new content on their E-Performance microsite, including this statement:

Vehicles shown are the Mission E and Mission E Cross Turismo concept cars, and are similar but not identical to the Porsche Taycan model on which you are considering placing a deposit.
Theyre starting to introduce language to point that production isn’t the same as prototype. They have to get some production model photos available soon - probably August, if it’s a 2019 model year car.

Also, in case you didn’t see it, Nico Rosberg got to drive one and we see it briefly on video here:

Old 07-06-2018, 09:40 AM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Looks good thanks for posting that video. The trunk opening is more normal sedan than hatchback. I would have liked the glass to open with the trunk lid ala Panamera and Model S. The charging plug also looks interesting maybe that was a 800v charger? Car also looks just as big as a panamera so interior space should be great with that size and being an EV.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:32 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,952 Likes on 1,924 Posts

my take away is "look at all the EV chargers in the background at Porsche Headquarters" - hmmmmm me thinks Porsche is taking this EV stuff seriously…
Old 07-06-2018, 07:25 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Brig993
Looks good thanks for posting that video. The trunk opening is more normal sedan than hatchback. I would have liked the glass to open with the trunk lid ala Panamera and Model S. The charging plug also looks interesting maybe that was a 800v charger? Car also looks just as big as a panamera so interior space should be great with that size and being an EV.
Yeah, I'm personally hoping for the Cross Turismo version...
Old 07-08-2018, 07:38 AM
lee88
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by manitou202
I just received a notification from my dealer to go to a Porsche Corporate website to register for the Taycan deposit. It appears as if they are doing a Tesla like approach and having people register with their deposit. Once registered I received a notification that my selected dealer will contact me about next steps. It didn't require submitting a deposit yet.

Has anyone else seen this? Any idea what's going on? Any idea on the deposit amount?

Here is a link to the site.

https://my.porsche.com/usa/microsite...mance-deposit/

Thanks!
Ditto, I got this too from my dealer with whom I submitted an order request some months back but not taking deposit yet. I believe this is the precursor to deposits and starting to make initial allocations, but unclear when that will happen. Given it's going to be a 2020 model year car, my understanding is first deliveries will be later part of 2019 sometime hopefully.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:49 AM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I also received an email from my dealer with a link to the site to register first for the deposit. I did complete my registration, but waiting on next steps for the actual deposit information.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:55 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

manitou202, thanks for the link. Just signed up to formalize my desire. I told Autobahn Porsche (in Fort Worth, TX) of my desire to order a Mission e several months ago. I'm supposed to be "very high" on their list, so I figured I might as well formalize my desire via the PCNA microsite. Should be interesting. Thanks again for posting that info.

Toby
Old 07-08-2018, 06:47 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 365 Posts

So is it official? The name is Taycan for the Mission E vehicle?

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:33 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAB12
So is it official? The name is Taycan for the Mission E vehicle?

Thanks.
Yep, as of June 8th👍
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/prod...car-15602.html
Old 07-08-2018, 11:41 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 365 Posts
Default Thank You

Originally Posted by Ccpecot
Not sure where I was the last month but don't like the name so emblem delete will be one of my options. If it's 80% as the concept photos I'll stick to my 7 month old deposit and complete my order on the S maybe turbo version depending on options and battery life. Thanks again!
Old 07-09-2018, 09:31 AM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAB12

Not sure where I was the last month but don't like the name so emblem delete will be one of my options. If it's 80% as the concept photos I'll stick to my 7 month old deposit and complete my order on the S maybe turbo version depending on options and battery life. Thanks again!
No problem at all! I might be there with you regarding the name delete.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:16 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Just FYI.....they are showing the 2015 design study car at Parade right now.......we'll see if that's all they bring to Rennsport.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:02 PM
samsoccer7
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local dealer asked for a deposit and had me sign up on the site as well. $2500 refundable.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:56 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

If you read the agreement regarding the deposit solicitation, it is nothing like Tesla or any guarantee or anything other than getting your into: “Give us your info and we will pass it onto the dealer — and also mail/email/call you — but the dealer sets deposit amounts, allocations, sale price, and who gets the cars and when.”

On the plus side, if your dealer submits an order demand when the books open, porsche might mail you some swag (or not, they do it for some cars but not others).
Old 07-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Justin@Euroclassics
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We are taking deposits for it as well. Shoot me an email if you have interest!

Jprice@euroclassics.com

Quick Reply: Mission E / Taycan - Deposits