Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Has anyone retrofitted a GT3 master cylinder to a Cayman R?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:32 PM
bensf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
These numbers may be pretty accurate. When my car was tested at 50ft at full throttle it measured 88dB (Cayman R without PSE). The track limit is 94dB, so a Remus may work for me.
Thanks for your input. I brought along the decibel meter so that anyone looking at an aftermarket exhaust can make an informed decision. The stock exhaust sounds anemic to me but I don't want to jeopardize being able to take my car to the track. Our local track, Mazda Raceway/Laguna Seca has a ridiculously low sound limit of 92 db. I've measured a .1 Cayman with a Borla exhaust at 102 db and .2 Cayman with Fabspeed Race Exhaust at 99 db in the past as well. It seems like the Remus is the safest choice at the moment.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Schmidts Cat
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having lived with my Tubi for more than a few days now, I can say it is not too loud for me.... kinda wish it were even louder, but at least I don't wake up the neighbors, or annoy the wife! Not sure about the track DB limits yet. Time will tell. But no worries to anyone who might be concerned that it's too loud. There is a slight drone/resonance around 2000-2200 RPM, but not in a bad way, and I'm never cruising that low.

Quick Reply: Has anyone retrofitted a GT3 master cylinder to a Cayman R?