Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyder prices

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by mile2424
I absolutely love the Spyder, but I do miss have the manual transmission. The PDK is amazing, but I like the natural interaction with the car.
Trade your Spyder in for an MT Spyder instead of the GT3? Although the GT3 would be nice too but it's a totally different car.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 63 Posts

Ya just slim picking out there for a nicely optioned, unique, MT Spyder......who said anything about a GT3
Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ya just slim picking out there for a nicely optioned, unique, MT Spyder......who said anything about a GT3
You're not the only one that frequents that forum. ;-)
Old 12-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Just to add to this thread, I have been offered 50k by a few dealers, and 55k by one dealer to trade my car in. As many of you know, this is white with sand beige full leather, PDK, sport seats, Sports Design wheel with paddles, sport chrono plus. It has just over 25k miles on it.
Not to bring up a sore subject, but since you offered those quotes as points of reference, it should be clear that the vehicle has had significant damage.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:01 AM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm seeing used Spyders going for around $63k these days. I guess even the limited numbers can't stop the depreciation curve.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:47 PM
medici78
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
I'm seeing used Spyders going for around $63k these days. I guess even the limited numbers can't stop the depreciation curve.
That's about what I got my CPO '11 for.
The offer for $55k on mike2424's car sound generous, considerimg higher mileage, for a dealer. I had a dealer try to beat me down at $70k on a trade in when they had the same car with similar miles, in a less desirable color, on the lot for $95k!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:05 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 63 Posts

I think of part of the 55k offer was also to try and entice me to get me into the particular car I had enquired about. Not so much the value of my car but the combined value of mine and the car they were trying to move.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:51 PM
medici78
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Medici78: This one?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

That is great. The Sales Manager (Joe Brenner) of this dealership is a friend of mine. They are a first class organization and it's run by a bunch of enthusiastic Porsche guys.

I am a bit biased, but I love the 'Carrera Red' full leather interior in your car. And the 'Black' exterior provides a very nice contrast to all the 'red' in the interior. I think you will love the sport buckets - good choice! Best of luck with it down in El Paso.

Let us know how you think it compares to your old .1 gt3 RS. We have several .1 & .2 gt3 RS owners in Rennlist that also own a Spyder. All love it and think it offers a good part of the gt3 'experience' at a fraction of the original cost.

Saludos, Eduardo (Carmel)
Yup, that's the one! Can't wait to get it although, they irritated me a bit today. Somehow we missed a signature on the paper work and they had to send it back, so they're billing me $20 on the FedEx charges. They already added a $495 "mandatory handling fee" but it obviously isn't enough to cover the expenses. Not a good move to pull on a potential lifetime buyer.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:19 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by medici78
Yup, that's the one! Can't wait to get it although, they irritated me a bit today. Somehow we missed a signature on the paper work and they had to send it back, so they're billing me $20 on the FedEx charges. They already added a $495 "mandatory handling fee" but it obviously isn't enough to cover the expenses. Not a good move to pull on a potential lifetime buyer.
I'd tell them (the GM specifically) to pound sand on the $20. Selling cars is THERE business, not yours. They should be accountable for the paperwork...

Enjoy the car. I am a GT3 nut, but appreciate the car mainly on the track. I purchased a 997.1 S Cab as a DD, and it is a bit underwhelming. I am very interested in a Spyder as a DD. I have not driven one, but have driven a 911 with PDK. Wow. A Spyder with PDK sounds like the perfect "street" comprimise... You Spyder guys are lucky!

-B
Old 12-23-2011, 07:41 PM
medici78
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blake
I'd tell them (the GM specifically) to pound sand on the $20. Selling cars is THERE business, not yours. They should be accountable for the paperwork...

Enjoy the car. I am a GT3 nut, but appreciate the car mainly on the track. I purchased a 997.1 S Cab as a DD, and it is a bit underwhelming. I am very interested in a Spyder as a DD. I have not driven one, but have driven a 911 with PDK. Wow. A Spyder with PDK sounds like the perfect "street" comprimise... You Spyder guys are lucky!

-B
I'm coming out of a modded 997.1 GT3 and the only thing this car is missing is the exhaust sound.

Yeah, these guys are started to irritate me even more asking for a credit app to be filled out and a waiver allowing them to share my info, even though I don't want my info shared and I have obtained my own financing. I'm having second thoughts. If I didn't want the color combo so bad, I would have walked.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

I'm coming out of a modded 997.1 GT3 and the only thing this car is missing is the exhaust sound.

Yeah, these guys are started to irritate me even more asking for a credit app to be filled out and a waiver allowing them to share my info, even though I don't want my info shared and I have obtained my own financing. I'm having second thoughts. If I didn't want the color combo so bad, I would have walked.
I think that's some sort of requirement. I always pay cash and they still want a credit app filled out. However, I do not give them permission to share my info.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:17 AM
medici78
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
I think that's some sort of requirement. I always pay cash and they still want a credit app filled out. However, I do not give them permission to share my info.
I don't see the point on the credit app, but whatever. Its just annoying but won't stop me. Regardless, I'm dying to get my hands on it. Looks like an ETA of next week, weather permitting!
The only thing I will be missing on this car is the PSE. I'm debating whether to get the Tequipment PSE or an aftermarket exhaust. Any suggestions?
Old 12-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

My dealer never asked for a credit ap so it could be dealer related. He did ask what rate I got to see if Porsche could do better.

Hopefully the rest of the transaction goes smoothly.

Good luck!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:29 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm debating whether to get the Tequipment PSE or an aftermarket exhaust. Any suggestions?
I had the same debate myself. PSE is very tempting, but I decided in the end that I didn't need the 'button' since I would push it everytime I started the car anyway, I didn't want to hassle with installing the 'button', I wanted an exhaust louder than the PSE, and liked the idea of making a 'slight' amount of more power with an aftermarket exhaust that deleted 2 of the 4 cats.

Here is a thread on my exhaust:
https://rennlist.com/forums/987-foru...er-spyder.html

Here is a another video I made:

My thoughts several months later? I wish the exhaust was even louder. I sounds like a 'stock' exhaust to me. The original stock exhaust is WAY TOO quiet. With the stock exhaust my friends noted it sounded silent as I barreled down the straightaway at the track. The remus sounds like what I would expect this car to sound like out of the factory. I want something more aggressive than the remus, but not obnoxious. I'm contemplating switching to tubi in the next year.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:08 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a dealer. Not Porsche. But auto dealer's paperwork and flow are heavily regulated. Of all the people who are watching over a dealer's shoulder (which includes the manufacturer, NADA, regional group, financial arm, IRS, DMV, etc) OFAC is the newest and most influential. Office of Foreign Assets Control. Dealers are responisble for checking red flags, cash reporting, etc. This is to ensure none of you are terrorists or criminals. Failure of compliance from the dealers will see stiff penalties. And I've seen dealers get fined a quarter million dollars just from a 5 min visit of an auditor disgising as shopper.

Now I am guessing they asked for credit app up front is not for because they want to know if you can afford the car or not. An experience sales person can figure that out in a few minutes from just chatting with you. The credit app was taken was probably because Porsche Financial is the one checking the OFAC list for the dealers.

Believe me, your info will be shared to an extend. As soon as you walk through the door, call or email, you waived part of your privacy. And a dealer can refuse to sell if you don't comply, ie giving suspicion that you are exporting , laudering or other bad activities. However, every dealer should also have a privacy statement for you to sign. That is to protect the consumer's privacy.

Quick Reply: Spyder prices