Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyder allocations are getting scarce...would you pull the trigger for 3% off?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 02:31 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

^carlson porsche?

Sorry, just not a fan of dealers right now...
Old 06-12-2011, 03:01 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

U obviously don't know Mooty. He's helped so many people on RL and outside of RL. Why burn bridges? He offered his opinion on what happened to him- take it with a grain of salt. Resorting to insults which I think your posts imply don't influence neone positively. And yes having 18000+ posts does matter vs 80 so posts. Whenever I check eBay and buy something I feel safer buying from someone who has 18000 positive feedbacks vs a seller with 80 positive feedbacks. That's reality. Mike
Old 06-12-2011, 03:06 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Darn - u got less then 30 posts. I'm so not buying from u : ). Mike
Old 06-12-2011, 03:14 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 80WHALE
have bought over 100 cars in the last 20 years.

Gee, mooty, sounds a bit like bragging to me. Why do you even need to state how many cars you have bought? Ask yourself
It's non of your business..

Are you posting on behalf of Carlson? Do you know the whole story?
I hope not, because you have no cogent arguments.

What you can do, is send them an email and point them to this thread, so that they can state their side of the story.

Until then, back off and enjoy Rennlist.

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:20 AM
80WHALE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not associated with any dealerships and have been a proud Porsche owner over the years. I have gained great intellectual Porsche knowledge through this site for many years and truly appreciate the technological knowledge that resides in this forum.

What I don't agree with, and of course you can disagree with me, is when someone goes out of their way to badmouth and downgrade someone else's business because they got a bad deal and we are only hearing one side.

Mooty, why don't you tell us all your full story and what the dealer had to deal with so that we can fully respect your position.

Saying that they F*&k with the "wrong person" just demonstrates a bullying antic and it would be nice to hear your story.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:25 AM
80WHALE
Intermediate

I see John, I guess you and Mooty are buddies and no one else can express their opinion.

Well good luck. Its too bad we can't all just get along. I feel like I"m back in the 60's with this communication.

"back off", wow, that is intellectual
Old 06-12-2011, 03:52 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

I am not associated with any dealerships and have been a proud Porsche owner over the years. I have gained great intellectual Porsche knowledge through this site for many years and truly appreciate the technological knowledge that resides in this forum.

What I don't agree with, and of course you can disagree with me, is when someone goes out of their way to badmouth and downgrade someone else's business because they got a bad deal and we are only hearing one side.

Mooty, why don't you tell us all your full story and what the dealer had to deal with so that we can fully respect your position.

Saying that they F*&k with the "wrong person" just demonstrates a bullying antic and it would be nice to hear your story.
I see John, I guess you and Mooty are buddies and no one else can express their opinion.

Well good luck. Its too bad we can't all just get along. I feel like I"m back in the 60's with this communication.

"back off", wow, that is intellectual

We are buddies! yes! In fact he lives next door. : )

Of course you can express your opinion; what you can't do, is insult people that you haven't met before , for a situation that you don't know, with details that you are not fully aware of.
In fact if your previous post was your first one, perhaps Mooty would have had the opportunity to disclose the deal with this dealer, so that you could make an informative decision on whether to call him a bully, or congratulate him for trying to protect other (US based) RL members from getting a bad deal.

As far as "back off" is concerned, if it sounds too harsh, please forgive me. In my language it doesn't sound too bad.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:41 AM
80WHALE
Intermediate

Thanks John, I appreciate your honesty and integrity.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:11 AM
jabbey
Advanced

Originally Posted by orthojoe
^Definitely. I have the heated sport seats. You have a 'bailout' if you don't like them
Sweet. My wife hasn't had the opportunity to get hugged by the buckets either. Wondering what her thoughts will be. Can't wait til September.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:12 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,638 Likes on 2,319 Posts

whale, it's not just ONE bad deal. and i am not badmouthing them. i am stating what happened to me in fact. it's not about defending myself or disparage a dealer. i apologize i jumped on your low post and not understanding the whole story. it's a LONG story, a 10 year long relationship with a local dealer that went bad beginning in 2010. i dont whine much usually. and like you said, "let it goo".... i did just that in 2010 and continue to use them as my dealer. i believed that they may have "slipped" and will do it "right" next time. b/n 2010 and now i bought 3 more cars from them (this is not bragging but to illustrate that i continue to trust them and buy from them, oh, of all the porsches i have purchased, which is many... again not bragging but to illustrate my point, except one, were ALL purchased from carlsen. i do not price shop...i felt they were my friend and whatever price they quoted me, i just paid... as you said, i run a business too. and we all need profit. i have no prob with that.) furthermore, i dont just buy the so called special edition. i also buy the more common cars from them, so it's not like i only want their low allocation cars. without telling you how many cars i purchased through them, let's just say i have been EXTREMELY loyal to one dealership and in business world, this is worth a lot.... apparently i was wrong in this case. not just buying, i sell 90% of my cars through them, so they make another cut of profit on the used cars, not to mention the financing backside when the resell the used car again. i just thought loyalty should pay off. and by that i dont mean i should get a car at msrp (i like to, but it's their profit they SHOULD be able to decide. i have no prob with that) or at discount (i do joke about that, hey if anyone wants to sell me a new RS at invoice why not, right?)... what i expected was a simple disclosure that "hey moot, we got two cars coming, but as you konw these cars are hot. so we got to make some money... we can offer it to you at 30 over, 50 over..." i would then decline and be on my merry immature old man way. but when they not only failed to make that call to offer and lie to me when i pressed.... i call that lying. and lying is just bad and to a long term customer is even worse.

how can it be that i call one day (when the allocation sheet was out and EVERY OTHER bay area dealer knew their allocation as i called the same day to all the bay area dealers) they tell me they "dont know" how many cars are coming to the we have two coming but one is sold all in less than 24 hours. and i was talking to the manager. this seems to be important information for the mgmt to be current on no? (oh, let me back up. i didn't call them, i txt them as i always do. they usually reply in less than a min, but no reply every time i asked about RS, but if i asked about other things, reply right away.... then i finally called them and got them on the phone... again coy.... only i pressed... then they start to answer... you see a pattern here?)

now if they just pull this BS on me 1x, sure. we all make mistake. i make plenty. such about my "bragging in your mind". but they did this to me 3x. so as dense as i am, i woke up.

sorry, but my mind is running on stream of unconsciousness so thought are there but not in any order. i know cayenne and pam are going to china india. i just bought one. again not bragging but to illustrate a point. they wanted msrp and as most ppl would try to shop or negotiate at least a little discount, i just paid what they asked. i am pretty easy to please and put up with a lot of abuse. but at some point the morphine wears out and i start to feel some pain. it's more than just a "car" issue now.

disparaging a dealer? if they only hurt me, hey no big deal. i am big old boy whose 15 YO and the whing will stop when i die of heart attack. but when they hurt my friends who i recommended to them and whole heartily endorsed, that upsets me. they also played Dave I, SFbimmer, JWGT2, and countless other who may not want their handles disclosed.

imagine you recommending your buddies, in laws and such to a nice restaurant your friends just opened. and on all visits, separate occasions, ALL of them gets diarrhea.... would you start to "disparage" the restaurant? sure, once would be just coincidence, but EVERY TIME?

and profit? i also pay them OUTSIDE the deal to sweeten some things up. i am a REAL person who exist in the physical world not just the web. they dont have to ***** to call me up to straighten things out. i welcome them to any face to face discussion with local witnesses around then we can publish the real findings. i am not in the car business, i have nothing to sell, other than highly discounted virtually new parts to my fellow RL'ster. but for the dealers... i dont know.

and for the record, i dont just spread bad news. i get a lot of PM from locals asking where to go to fix certain things on porsches... but i will now disclose publicly where to go. these are just dealers, there are many indy's such as JWE, TCD, sharkwerks (you seem to know sharky.... ask him what an easy chap i am to deal with) and i give credit where it's due. mr sharky helped my race car and didn't even bother to let me know. but i know. and i made a thread to publicly thank him (as if he needed any more help).

i endorse peter smith at rector who went out of his way to get my race car ready for the race and he probalby doesn't even know who drives the car. i have never had the pleasure to meet him.

perry over at stead. he can't always beat others' deals. but he will tell you what he can do and cannot do. he's not in mgmt. it's not his call. i always give him a shot. he hasn't succeeded yet, but he sure works for it. and i respect that.

christain at CARLSEN, the guy is insanely meticulous and really knows the cars.

gunter the SA and the parts manager at fletcher (i can never remember his name, but he seems to remember me by voice and my ugly face.. he's the one who smokes a lot ;-) they are always EXTREMELY helpful and very price competitive. the parts manager often match prices to suncoast.

dennis at sonnen... think he's still there. honest sales guy. tells the truth.

alcost or alcosta at fletcher, old timer porsche sales, tell it like it is.

head tech at livermore (brit) loves the cars and fixes them right.

the motorcycle riding master tech at stead is a petro head. stayed on sat to patch up my coolant dumping car so i can get back on track.

and my biggest fav, eric schefer at stead. he's the service adviser/manager and really understands service and keep customers. i am 10 miles from carlsen and about 50 miles from stead. stead services my cars.

english isn't my first language so some of the intricate word usage i get wrong. but i think from my "defense" now, you get a better picture of why i say what i say with carlsen. and in the peninsula area we have a very large group of RL and porsche nuts. they dont post this, but we are all talking about carlsen and none of us have much positive to say about their antics.

will they get business in the future, sure (not mine) but they will notice less and less return customers that's all. but to protect my friends, i have to say dont buy from carlsen b'c they do not value customers, even loyal ones.

whale, as i said, my english needs help.
about the "100 cars i bought" i was trying to say that i have bought enough so i know how the "inside" car business works. a friend of my owns one of the largest import dealers here and we have talked at length about horse trading. but show off was not what i expected to be a side effect.

now the response on audio stuff to my good internet friend aussie jimmy, luckily most ppl dont know what those things are, else you would really think i was showing off.

anyways, i also PM'd you and i do sincerely apologize about saying your post too low and such. i have "wronged" you. my mistake.
but i have not "wronged" carlsen.

as you see, thoughts are random right now. but sounds like you are in bay area, i be more than happy to meet in person over coffee/brunch should i have such honor and let you have the whole story. i think i'll get your blood boiling before you are done with your coffee. it's that bad.

Last edited by mooty; 06-12-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:40 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

my great internet mate, mooty, spreads good karma round here!!!
he speak the truth, and nothing but.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

+1
Old 06-12-2011, 01:07 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

And don't let him eat any cookies- his banter goes on and on with no end in sight : ). Good banter though- all bout cars : ). Mike
Old 06-12-2011, 01:38 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,638 Likes on 2,319 Posts

i tried really really hard to let it go...
Whew, went for a 8 mile run to cool down, but blood still boiling… while I am at it, let me continue.

I mentioned I sell my cars through Carlsen. In 2006 I think, I sold them a S4 avant. I SEPCIFICALLY told them that the car has been hit on the fwy and that’s why I am selling it. I SPECIFICALLY told them to chk it over for damage and make me an offer (the car has been fixed after the incident, but I just don’t like it anymore). They made me a low offer b/c car was wrecked before, I accepted b/c it’s not a perfect car. They whole saled the car. About a week or so later, they called me stating the car was damaged and they are taking a big loss on it even at whole sale…. Hum…. I told them it’s hit. I told them to chk it carefully and make me an offer. At that time, title already changed hand and release of liability had been signed. It’s their car not mine! But I valued the relationship and told them don’t worry, “ I will make you whole”. Remember, its not my car anymore. And their failure in due diligence has nothing to do with me. I disclosed the accident and stated it was why I wanted to sell. Pretty crystal clear no? anyways, I went back the day after I received the call and cut them a chk of roughly $10k. now how many customers would do that?

I track my cars, but have no death wish. I keep rotors/pads/tires in great shape. But not everyone tracks and some are afraid to see cracks on rotors, rightly so. To help them out, if my rotors have ANY cracks on them, I provide them with new rotors and oem delivery mile only pads. If tires are less than 50%, I also provide new tires… I wonder if their other customers do that?

Oh a kicker here. I sold my friend a car, but he needed CPO so we went through Carlsen. As a dealer, they must go through “safety inspection”, it’ s the law. So I was told. cool. safe is good. I asked what they need to do…. chk this and that and rotors and pads. They said. I said to them that chk pads and rotors takes 5 min. you don’t need to take tires off. They said oh no, wheels must be off…. Ok. So be it. I don’t really care. It’s $500 or so. But seeing it’s going to my friend who share the same mechanic I knew we would fix everything later. i damage one wheel bolt, you cannot take the bolt or the wheel off (we had to weld stuff to it to torque it off). After the dealer said they got it all chk out wheels off and all… I looked at the front right wheel. OMFG, the bolt is still stuck there… so how did the wheel come off?

I have many many other incidents like this but I think I have demonstrated the points. I have been more than fair to them as a customer and only use facts that I PERSONALLY experienced not 2nd hand hearsay.

Badmouth a business? No.
Stating a personal experience? Yes.
Maybe I am the ONLY unlucky soul, then that’s that.
However, I can name easily a dozen who had same experience, but they aren’t as vocal as I am. They didn’t refer customers to said dealership, I did. Thus I feel bad leading friends to a wrong path.
So now, if I see friends driving toward a puddle of motor oil, I try my best to wave them to stop or to swerve.

well, let's give the mic back to dave. get your spyder soon. i shall should you how to drive it sideways and pass slow GT3's like 996flt6, LOL

Last edited by mooty; 06-12-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:33 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't help but add my 2 cents

Fact about mooty:
old ... but not older than mikymu
fast on the track, super fast but slower than Lewis Hamilton
buy alot of GT3 ... 15 more than mikymu
don't BS when it comes to Pcar allocation and just about everything else

Fiction about mooty
moody ... unless his rear bumper melt form exploding muffler
Xman

80whale. Some constructive advice. OK to disagree but not like M3form fashion. Constructive inputs is a much better route.

Quick Reply: Spyder allocations are getting scarce...would you pull the trigger for 3% off?