Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

CHAMPION MOTORSPORTS PORSCHE 911 WERKS CARBON FIBER REAR DIFFUSER FOR 997 05-08

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 01:35 AM
Lightspeed993
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHAMPION MOTORSPORTS PORSCHE 911 WERKS CARBON FIBER REAR DIFFUSER FOR 997 05-08

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price (no $ sign please): $1500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911
Location (Region): SoCAl
Item Condition: Used

Up for bids sale a Champion Motorsports Carbon Fiber Rear diffuser for your 997.1 Porsche.

It is both functional and aesthetically awesome. WIND TUNNEL TESTED!!! Read Specs Below!! It is a high quality part and installs in minutes using 4 of the factory attachment points and existing hardware.

It has barely any miles on it however, it got lightly scraped by the asphalt when I was pulling over an apron. When it is installed you can't see where the scrapes are without putting your head under the car. They are very minor. I brushed some clear coat over the spots. If you are really ****, you could use epoxy it to make it perfect again.

I am selling the car and decided to remove it. I am putting it on eBay tomorrow 6/12 1pm pacific time starting the bid at $1000, 1/3rd of retail ($3,000!!!)

If you want to make me an offer, shoot me a PM

Any questions, please let me know.

Here are Specs from Champion's Site:

Contrary to popular belief, Werks1 carbon fiber parts are not only made to be used as extremely pretty cosmetic add-ons. Although it's definitely hard to find a flaw in the beautiful hand-crafted carbon fiber weave of any Werks1 part, what most people don't realize is that every single piece is engineered and designed with appearance as a secondary requirement, and function as the primary. Looking at the Werks1 997.1 carbon fiber rear diffuser, it's easy to see how the perfect carbon fiber weave, finished in stunning glossy clearcoat, can make it easy to forget that it's actually a very functional aerodynamic part.

The Werks1 diffuser was designed using the most state of the art engineering and computer modeling techniques available today. Using these processes, a functional prototype was created and wind tunnel tested in order to verify the effectiveness of the part. During testing, it was proven that a stock 997.1 (with wing raised) produced over 40lbs of lift at the rear axel, at 175mph. With the rear wing raised and the new Werks1 diffuser installed, that number was completely eliminated, and the test vehicle not only showed no signs of lift, but it now produced 14 lbs of usable downforce, again at the rear axle. When measured at both the front and rear axles, the stock 997.1 showed nearly 110 lbs of total lift. Once the Werks1 diffuser was added, total lift was reduced to just below 75lbs. Best of all, the addition of the Werks1 rear diffuser increased the vehicle's coefficient of drag (or Cd) by only .002, from .313Cd to .315Cd. What this means is that the downforce created by the Werks1 rear diffuser is essentially "free", with no negative side-effects to be found.

Because of the 911's rear engine, rear wheel drive design, and tendency to oversteer, traction at the rear wheels is critical. The Werks1 carbon rear diffuser provides greater traction at the rear wheels during high speed cornering, reducing the potential for oversteer and leaving the driver with a tendency towards much safer and predictable understeer. Best of all, installation of the Werks1 rear diffuser is simple and easy, using existing mounting points on the car with no modification required.
Attached Images           
Old 06-12-2016, 12:22 PM
emtell
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Standard question; can you confirm either way that this diffuser will or will not also fit on a 997.2?
The Champion pictures depict a 997.2 rear end, if I am not mistaken.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:54 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,366 Likes on 4,057 Posts

What's the clearance between this diffuser and the stock oil pan? Not sure it's compatible with my MantisSport deep sump, but if it is, I'm considering it.

Thanks and let me know.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Lightspeed993
AutoX

They have a different set up for the 997.2, sorry... I believe the 997.2 version is on the Champion website.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:32 PM
Lightspeed993
AutoX

@ Petza 914... No clue on the clearance. Sorry the piece is off the car and I didn't have a deep sump on mine.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:39 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

SOLD to me.... adding to my Champion themed car! Thanks seller, looking forward to it.
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2016, 10:05 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,366 Likes on 4,057 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
SOLD to me.... adding to my Champion themed car! Thanks seller, looking forward to it.
Congrats, that's going to look awesome.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:11 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks Pete, much appreciated...

Originally Posted by Petza914
Congrats, that's going to look awesome.

Quick Reply: CHAMPION MOTORSPORTS PORSCHE 911 WERKS CARBON FIBER REAR DIFFUSER FOR 997 05-08