Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2007 Carrara White GT3 - 37K miles - $77K

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 08:39 AM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts
Default 2007 Carrara White GT3 - 37K miles - $77K

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 37000
Color: Carrara White
Price (no $ sign please): $77000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

I am hoping to sell my beloved 2007 Carrara White GT3 with 37K miles to a fellow Rennlister for what my dealer has agreed to buy it for outright- $77K. I am the second owner- purchased it CPO'ed in Jan 2010 with 9K miles- have driven it 3-4 K miles year on weekends. 99+% street driven; have driven at DE's once yearly with MVP Track Time at Road America each October from 2012-2015. Post-purchase mods include- Sharkwerks exhaust bypass; Cargraphics radiator grille, OEM wheels powercoated red; Center Console painted White, OEM Porsche Rollbar; original parts included with purchase. Low option car- only floor mats + gear level trim leather + thicker steering wheel in leather.

The Good- as above; no mechanical issues ever (no warranty / CPO claims); Clean Carfax, NO paintwork, in very good condition overall. Truly bulletproof vehicle. Driven conservatively. NO overrevs. Have all service records from new- everything performed at Midwest Eurosport (1st owner- Dean McCrary Porsche in AL)

The "Bad"- primarily cosmetic- not a garage queen. Lower front black spoiler lip needs replacement; tires with good tread but "timing out"- Michelin Super Sports installed in 2012. Coolant lines not pinned / welded. Some paint chips on front bumper / hood edge. Some yellowing / discoloration of original paint protection film + some asphalt / tire / rubber marks around rear wheel wells.

I would like to give the opportunity to a fellow Porsche Enthuasiast to purchase a "no-issues" 997.1 GT3 for trade-in value- to be driven as it was meant to be. My wife says it makes no sense to "deal" with a private party buyer but I'd rather sell it to someone who will enjoy the car at a great price before the dealer marks it up $10K+. I am happy to take it for a PPI (at the buyer's expense). As I am selling it for what my dealer will buy it for AS IS, I will not install new tires, pin the coolant lines, etc. I am selling only because 1) I don't have the time or stones to take it to the track and 2) trying to consolidate vehicles and need back seats with 2 growing kids- now have a new RS3 and a 2017 Evora 400. Happy to provide pictures of any part of the car on request- please email me at fangrs4@gmail.com or text at 630-430-9985. Title in hand; have books / extra key / original Moroney sticker, etc-

Last edited by Fang911; 05-13-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:09 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 831 Posts

Emailed
Old 05-13-2018, 01:55 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,855 Likes on 1,697 Posts

This car is gonna sell in a day
Old 05-13-2018, 04:03 PM
jayson
Racer

Received 457 Likes on 132 Posts

OP: Be careful of dealers posing as enthusiasts, been happening a TON lately. May be good to have them validate their rennlist acct.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:41 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,083 Posts

Good on you for wanting to sell to an enthusiast, especially since I am sure you can save money on trading with tax. Best of luck with the sale.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:40 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

sounds like an awesome car!!

Unrelated but would be interested to hear your thoughts on the Evora if you care to share. Been eyeing one at the local dealer for awhile now.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:14 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,027 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Fang911
My wife says it makes no sense to "deal" with a private party buyer but I'd rather sell it to someone who will enjoy the car at a great price before the dealer marks it up $10K+.
You sir, are a TRUE enthusiast. Bravo!
Old 05-13-2018, 09:54 PM
MatthiasAK
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a great car, great owner. I second the account verification to make sure this isn't going to a dealer. GLWS!
Old 05-14-2018, 09:03 AM
notfastenough
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Very cleaver way to create buzz and desire. Absolutely brilliant.
Those who aren't in the Chicago area never had a chance to buy this car... unless of course they were willing to purchase sight unseen with no inspection. (Which takes bigger stones than driving a car on the track; requested pics minutes after ad was posted and never did receive any. But the seller did tell me he wasn't trying to create a bidding war. That's exactly what he created...)

Congrats on the sale.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:26 AM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by notfastenough
Very cleaver way to create buzz and desire. Absolutely brilliant.
Those who aren't in the Chicago area never had a chance to buy this car... unless of course they were willing to purchase sight unseen with no inspection. (Which takes bigger stones than driving a car on the track; requested pics minutes after ad was posted and never did receive any. But the seller did tell me he wasn't trying to create a bidding war. That's exactly what he created...)

Congrats on the sale.
Maybe you weren't fast enough.

I was one who offered to buy the car sight unseen with PPI. I mainly wanted the PPI to verify the person actually owned the car and understand the overall condition of the car.

The seller seems like a good guy as we texted back and forth about some of the cars he and I had in the past and present.

Cars come and go and life goes on.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:01 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 94 Posts

Ah ok so I should stop to wait for his pictures to come. Thanks for the update!

Expecting to see it at a dealer in 3...2...1...
Old 05-14-2018, 12:37 PM
Chiboy
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

How does anyone know the car is sold? All I see is the first post from the OP with no followup from OP.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:51 PM
StergTurboS
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Text the OP last night and he said it was pending sale already. Waiting for over-rev report.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:56 PM
notfastenough
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by swesna

I was one who offered to buy the car sight unseen with PPI. I mainly wanted the PPI to verify the person actually owned the car and understand the overall condition of the car.

Amen to that.
Well played. Hoping for the best for you.

Certainly no sour grapes on my part; even the best sluggers strike out occasionally. Hero or Zero; everything in between is boring.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by swesna

The seller seems like a good guy as we texted back and forth about some of the cars he and I had in the past and present.

Sight unseen with PPI is pretty normal. I don't know what the other poster is referring to. Sure, it is nice to "lay eyes" on it, but that is what a good PPI is for.

Quick Reply: 2007 Carrara White GT3 - 37K miles - $77K