Sponsored by:

McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 07:37 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Yes, but a Dodge Demon is quicker, and about 1/3 of the price.

0-60 in 2.3 seconds, and hits the quarter-mile in 9.65 at more than 140 mph.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...s-performance/

But honestly, do we really care all that much about straight line speed? Cuz, what happens when you have turn that funny looking thing that use to be circular but is now more often an oblong hexagon?
Trying to wrap my head around how that Car puts down that power on rear wheels.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:03 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,843 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Just another sign that this guy's got it right.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/flawe...100500982.html
Interesting article
Old 10-16-2017, 11:00 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,058 Likes on 578 Posts

Just another sign that this guy's got it right.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/flawe...100500982.html
the only issue with that job growth chart is that our workforce is not expanding rapidly...so- if there are 150M eligible workers in workforce, if population is dead stable (not quite on a rocket upwards right now nationwide) then there will be a contraction in job growth but not overall workforce availability or job availability.

flawed facts from the bear...
Old 10-16-2017, 11:07 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Drifting
I wasn't calling you out specifically CJ, I'm just annoyed that in the car world, there is the 918 type club of owners who get whatever they want, and flip cars freely making lots of extra money, while other porsche owners might still be great customers and buy a new 911 and cayenne every 3 years for 20 years and still not be able to get GT and other special cars.
no offense taken-

my thought in doing my GT car lottery draft system in Fresno was that not everyone gets everything- there are the following cars to distribute:

GT3
GT2RS
GT4 (rs?)
GT3RS .2
Boxster Spyder?
Sport Classic/ Speedster?

So- I literally called our top points earner and said- you get ONE CHOICE my man...where do you want to be #1 slot?

He said...GT2RS. He's already got a UV RS (why get the .2? I love my car and it's under warranty forever)

So, lesson to be gained there is that if we work TOGETHER with the dealers, even small guys like me can spread the wealth on the Porsche GT car front because if you add all the allocations up I will for sure get 20 of them...so my top 20 guys are distributed through the model lineup- some guys won't ever sniff an RS from me but only because my store does not have infinite allocations otherwise I am sure it would be 50 guys in the GT3RS list and 5 guys in the GT3 list and 20 guys in the GT2RS list
Old 10-16-2017, 11:51 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Sounds fair to me. Wish I lived closer to you to be in your lotto. Sick of all the BS with he dealers I have dealt with. Just want straight forward and honest information. Seems impossible to get at times
Old 10-16-2017, 11:58 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,787 Likes on 1,087 Posts

I wait patiently.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:59 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 484 Likes on 194 Posts

i can´t buy. but i´m curious!
Old 10-18-2017, 01:44 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
the only issue with that job growth chart is that our workforce is not expanding rapidly...so- if there are 150M eligible workers in workforce, if population is dead stable (not quite on a rocket upwards right now nationwide) then there will be a contraction in job growth but not overall workforce availability or job availability.

flawed facts from the bear...
Not true. The employment rate (percent of pop) isn't what matters when talking about valuation. Total overall growth is what matters. If valuations are growing, but there is no underlying real economic growth (either in terms of labor or productivity), you have a problem (i.e., bubble). Which is exactly what we have, and it is 100 percent driven and supported by the Fed's manipulation of interest rates below where they naturally should be. The taxpayer is funding a massive transfer of wealth to a small percentage of society. There are so many signs that the market is out of whack, but as long as the Fed and Central banks around the developing world continue to manipulate lending rates, we'll have a bubble until they eventually lose control and we have a crash. The market is up almost solely due to a search for yield due to low rates, not underlying economic growth.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:44 PM
SmokinV10
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Keep spreading misinformation on Rennlist buddy.

918 did three laps back to back to back at 6:57 (all within a few tenths of each other) earlier this year when Porsche was setting the Ring lap time for the 991.2 GT3. You can even see the lap times in the GT3 video/pictures on the billboard.

The Viper is a great track car (I have driven my buddy's car a few times at the rack). Unlike the Lambo SV, I don't doubt any of the Viper's lap times set here on the US tracks. However, due to Viper's high downforce set up and relative lack of power, it does not favor high power tracks (eg. Monza, Portimao, Ring).
Except that the Viper put down a 7:01 at the ring beating everything we've been talking about except for the 918 and the questionable lambo times.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:03 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Not true. The employment rate (percent of pop) isn't what matters when talking about valuation. Total overall growth is what matters. If valuations are growing, but there is no underlying real economic growth (either in terms of labor or productivity), you have a problem (i.e., bubble). Which is exactly what we have, and it is 100 percent driven and supported by the Fed's manipulation of interest rates below where they naturally should be. The taxpayer is funding a massive transfer of wealth to a small percentage of society. There are so many signs that the market is out of whack, but as long as the Fed and Central banks around the developing world continue to manipulate lending rates, we'll have a bubble until they eventually lose control and we have a crash. The market is up almost solely due to a search for yield due to low rates, not underlying economic growth.
I think we are referring to two different things- i'm only going off job growth chart author used.
My point was more to say that job growth is not able to hyperbolically increase, or, once past a certain point- even incrementally increase. We have a limit to how many jobs will be available based directly on the size of our population. More people, more needs, more services needed, more food needed, more clean water needed etc. It's a trailing effect of boom population then boom jobs.

I agree we are in a yield hungry weird unsustainable roller coaster. Buy gold and bullets!!
Old 10-18-2017, 04:15 PM
Craigy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker

i can´t buy. but i´m curious!
It's going to be incredible!
Old 10-18-2017, 04:46 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Only 120 coming to the states
Old 10-18-2017, 05:02 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigy
It's going to be incredible!
And they should only make it in white and red livery like the formula1 MP4s of Senna and Prost. THAT was McLaren. They were striking the fear of God in everybody. That's what put them on the map for real. Enough with that "McLaren orange" color.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:06 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
And they should only make it in white and red livery like the formula1 MP4s of Senna and Prost. THAT was McLaren. They were striking the fear of God in everybody. That's what put them on the map for real. Enough with that "McLaren orange" color.
That "McLaren Orange" color predates the Marlboro tobacco livery by decades.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:15 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

I agree we are in a yield hungry weird unsustainable roller coaster. Buy gold and bullets!!
When my friends ask for my advice about what to invest in, I always say the same thing.

Firearms.

And I don't mean the companies that sell them.

Quick Reply: McLaren Success