991.2 gt3 options

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 03:41 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by aalencar
^^^
Thanks guys. For now I will check the light design and steering column boxes. Have until 08/30. Hope I dont change my mind! The way I see is that if you are in doubt just order it. But then I am ordering even carbon fiber floor mats!
Have you seen the cf floor mats? Maybe take a trip to the dealer to see if you can see in person. They tend to be slippery and they wear/scuff up quite badly in my experience.. they definitely look good when new though.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:39 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Have had them, and I wouldn't bother with carbon flooormats again.
As CAlexio says - they get scratched up very quickly, and it's not something you can clean off.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:04 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I've been following this thread, and found mention of a Club Sport Package Option. I can't find it on the configurator. Is it available for US cars? Or is it ROW only?
Old 07-22-2017, 06:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Club Sport Package Option is not available in the US and Canada just only in ROW.

Btw, thanks for the info guys...I think I'm going to add the leather wrapped steering column to my order.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:52 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Have you seen the cf floor mats? Maybe take a trip to the dealer to see if you can see in person. They tend to be slippery and they wear/scuff up quite badly in my experience.. they definitely look good when new though.
Originally Posted by Footsoldier
Have had them, and I wouldn't bother with carbon flooormats again.
As CAlexio says - they get scratched up very quickly, and it's not something you can clean off.
Yep, exactly what I did today. Made some changes on my build, hopefully for last time. Changed chalk to graphite blue after seeing a chalk panamera and a graphite blue turbo s side by side, removed extended leather, kept leather steering column, took out cf mats. Now wait till november...
Old 07-23-2017, 12:52 AM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am in the camp of adding the leather wrapped column and the alcantara visors. Both are inexpensive options that make a difference.

I would highly suggest the front axle lift. Two reasons - 1) I guarantee you that you will use it and be glad you have it, 2) won't tear up your car if you ever have to have your car towed on a flatbed trailer.

OP - I think your build is nice and would only add the two aforementioned items. I would personally suggest deleting the footwell passenger net. It really serves no purpose even though it is free.

Lastly - I would consider deleting the Bose option if you will be using the car on the highway a fair amount. The radio has to overcome a lot of cabin noise and I feel it is pointless. I never listen to the radio in my .1 car; the real music is behind you anyhow!

Good luck and enjoy getting what you want. I have to admit - ordering a new GT3 is much more difficult than buying one used.

- Chris.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:50 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Didn't by chance grab any pictures of the chalk and graphite blue? What turned you off the chalk after you saw it ?

Originally Posted by aalencar
Yep, exactly what I did today. Made some changes on my build, hopefully for last time. Changed chalk to graphite blue after seeing a chalk panamera and a graphite blue turbo s side by side, removed extended leather, kept leather steering column, took out cf mats. Now wait till november...
Old 07-23-2017, 10:13 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

A few opinions:

1. Extended dash trim: ordered it on my RS, love it. It is totally visible inside the car and looks freaking amazing. It compliments the stitching that is slathered around the rest of the inside. Plus, the extra stitching/leather that is visible upon opening the door on side of dash looks amazing. It's ordered on my GT3.2

2. Just say yes to the steering column leather. Again a great touch.

3. I always order the alcantara visors because it's annoying to me when the headliner is alcantara but the visors aren't. These cars should come stock this way. It just pulls the whole interior package together.

Just my 2 cents. Here's a pic on interior on my RS this AM. Good luck all!

Old 07-23-2017, 12:18 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Can you get the airbag stickers off the alcantara sun visors though without ruining them?

The one I think looks great is the seat belt outlets in alcantara ....
Old 07-23-2017, 01:25 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

^I took the stickers off alcantara, but more messy than the stock visor. I used alcohol.
Was worth the effort if it is a keeper.
Really best to remove the stickers before they get sun-baked.
I think Mooty has bought the Euro alcantara visors without stickers?
Old 07-23-2017, 07:04 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Didn't by chance grab any pictures of the chalk and graphite blue? What turned you off the chalk after you saw it ?
This has been a long story. I was once offered a fashion grey GT3 but passed it and later regretted it. Right now I have an agate grey GT4 that I am trading for the GT3. I really like agate grey (and some of the pictures posted here on RL are amazing) but wanted to change and the chalk looked different and close enough to the fashion grey to be my initial choice. Then I went to Barber for PSDS. They had some graphite blue 911s and the color looked very intriguing. I visited Zuffenhausen last month and saw some chalk GT3s and was a little underwhelmed. They were on the lot for export and had the wheels covered so I felt that was the reason I was not impressed.

So yesterday I went to my dealer to work on my build. I misspoke a little. The chalk and graphite blue cars were not really side by side. The chalk Panamera was on display and the graphite blue TT was in the garage. I was not again that impressed with the chalk. The turbo had PCCB and the yellow calipers had a great contrast with GBM. The Panamera had steel brakes but it did not look like PCCP would have the same contrast on chalk. So decided to change. And the difference in price will pay for xpel wrap!

Here are some pictures of the fashion grey GT3, chalk Panamera next to a white Macan, and the sample plates of GBM on left and chalk on right in 2 different light intensities.

Originally Posted by GTEE3
^I took the stickers off alcantara, but more messy than the stock visor. I used alcohol.
Was worth the effort if it is a keeper.
Really best to remove the stickers before they get sun-baked.
I think Mooty has bought the Euro alcantara visors without stickers?
Suncoast has them without stickers for 1200 bucks.
Attached Images      
Old 07-23-2017, 07:49 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Chalk really needs PCCBs and other contrasting bits on exterior to look good, IMO. In pics at least I've seen a .2 GT3 in Chalk that had the door handles painted in gloss black, black LED headlights, and CF mirror trims, and it looked nice.

I too have seen a new Panamera in Chalk in parking garage at PEC Atlanta a few months ago. Parked right next to it in my GT Silver GT3. I wasn't very impressed by the color. But I'm not the best to ask about one grey vs another as I find them all a bit boring. Too many black, grey, silver, and white cars out there. Next time I'm getting a COLOR.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:26 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Your point around too many white, grey,black etc is very true. You don't really notice until you have a look around and not much colour.

Originally Posted by Lapis
Chalk really needs PCCBs and other contrasting bits on exterior to look good, IMO. In pics at least I've seen a .2 GT3 in Chalk that had the door handles painted in gloss black, black LED headlights, and CF mirror trims, and it looked nice.

I too have seen a new Panamera in Chalk in parking garage at PEC Atlanta a few months ago. Parked right next to it in my GT Silver GT3. I wasn't very impressed by the color. But I'm not the best to ask about one grey vs another as I find them all a bit boring. Too many black, grey, silver, and white cars out there. Next time I'm getting a COLOR.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:30 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

On those samples.. amazing how chalk goes from a cream to a grey, rather then different shades of the same colour. Thanks for the pics. Not sure helped confirm my personal decision any those. As someone already said on here I think, going to be a colour you need to see personally.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:27 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After hitting the ball out of the park with the gt4 build, I'm once again in love with a stripper:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJIZGJD8

Quick Reply: 991.2 gt3 options