Old 06-17-2017, 10:57 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,699 Likes on 2,342 Posts

fascinating stuff. so much more exciting than how much my rs is worth topic

retro bike is cool
i sold all my old stuff ugh
diet is interesting. i like matcha and didn't know it was good for health. eggs are one of my fav. 4 eggs a day for last 30 years.

i don't like breads but i like sugar

well i think i just like food
whay i ate this week....
lots of fruits A LOT , my fruit bill at farmers mkt would scare u

lots of meat. beef and pork. i dot. like rubber. erh i meant chickern

lots veggie as long as it is prepared well

Old 06-17-2017, 11:19 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Consigliere:
Is there a book or website that you recommend
that explains the 'meat & eggs' diet to the public?
There was a Dr. Atkins Diet years ago. But that
was/is similar to The Paleo Diet since it includes
fish, nuts, leafy greens, regional veggies & seeds.
Atkins and Paleo are 95% there in terms of eliminating processed foods and sugar/carbs (including grains and high-carb fruits + veggies) and preventing insulin resistance (->pre-diabetes -> diabetes -> heart disease). There're tons of recent studies and books supporting this. The "low-fat, high-sugar/carbs" conspiracy by the large (and well-subsidized) agro/grains-industrial complex will be shown to be orders of magnitudes larger than the tobacco conspiracy.

Zero-carb (meat+eggs) completes the picture by eliminating plants altogether. Here's why:

http://kindredmedia.org/2011/11/the-...in-plant-food/

"Mother Nature puts anti-nutritional factors and toxins in grains, nuts, seeds and beans for a variety of reasons. Phytates, for example, block seeds from sprouting prematurely. Protease inhibitors, saponins, lectins and phytoestrogens harm insects, animals and other predators that would otherwise eat too many of them. If evolutionary theories are correct, wounded plants produce extra inhibitors and other anti-nutrients to save the plant species.

The idea is to cause predators—including plant-eating humans—to experience slowed growth and diminished reproductive ability.1-4"

This is why herbivores have evolved 4+ stomachs and why they spend 90% of their time and energy digesting plants. Humans (and all carnivores) have not. Instead they have evolved to get their plant nutrients from the herbivores who have processed them first.

Ultimately, studies and books are fine, but what seals the deal for most people is trying it out for themselves and observing the positive changes in how they look and feel after only a month -- mostly by eliminating the effects of grains/carbs-induced inflammation all over their body. There are doctors now that get diabetics completely off insulin and patients completely off statins by putting them on low/zero-carb diets for only couple of months.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:34 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Ultimately, studies and books are fine, but what seals the deal for most people is trying it out for themselves and observing the positive changes in how they look and feel after only a month

====> that is for sure....
Old 06-17-2017, 11:35 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dewinator
This is complete nonsense. Go out in the woods hungry and try to feed yourself. You'll eat meat if you can catch it, but you'll also eat plants including the fatty parts (nuts and seeds) if you can find them and carbs (fruit) as well. Compare your own fingernails and teeth to an animal like a wolf that has specialized in eating ONLY meat. We don't look like cows or deer either, we're clearly omnivores adapted for eating all kinds of food that might become available.

Of course, trying to decifer the healthiest diet by the habits of our ancestors is useless anyway, because they died by their 30s. It's true that the grain and sugar heavy diet we seem to have adapted in the agricultural era is terrible for us of course, but the idea that eating fresh vegetables is bad for you is as rediculous as your suggestion that sustained aerobic exercise is.
You mean these fresh fruits+veggies?

"Nonsense" and "rediculous" are pretty harsh words, implying that you must have read, seen, and tried 10x more stuff than the person they are directed to.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:40 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 06-17-2017, 11:47 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
Ultimately, studies and books are fine, but what seals the deal for most people is trying it out for themselves and observing the positive changes in how they look and feel after only a month

====> that is for sure....
Two doctors (among many) that post about this on twitter: @SBakerMD and @tednaiman
Old 06-17-2017, 11:53 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

This is complete nonsense.
...as rediculous as your suggestion that sustained aerobic exercise is.
You could Google it yourself. It's all over the place...

Too Much Cardio Can Cause a 7-Fold Surge of Heart Problems
http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fit...t-dangers.aspx

"- Long cardio workout sessions can cause more harm than good, leading to the release of the stress hormone cortisol, which when produced excessively may contribute to a catabolic state, in which your tissues break down, as well as chronic disease

- Too much cardio, such as marathon running, raises cardiac risk by seven-fold, and can lead to heart muscle scarring, and increased blood levels of cardiac enzymes, which are markers for heart injury

- To get the most benefits of exercise you need to push your body hard enough for a challenge while allowing adequate time for recovery and repair to take place; one of the best ways to do this is to follow a fitness regimen that includes short bursts of high-intensity activities, which can be done using an elliptical machine, recumbent bike or even free weights

- When you work out, it is wise to push as hard as you possibly can a few times a week, but you need to wisely gauge your body's tolerance to this stress, and give your body time to recuperate using rest and proper nutrition"
Old 06-17-2017, 11:54 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
"Nonsense" and "rediculous" are pretty harsh words, implying that you must have read, seen, and tried 10x more stuff than the person they are directed to.
More importantly I've experienced the same beneficial effects you have by eliminating carbs and sugar without quiting vegetables so your one anecdotal example is coming from the carbs not the vegetables. You could quit eating motor oil and vegetables, feel much better, and say "ooo I think motor oil and vegetables must be super bad for me".

Sure our fruits and vegetables have changed when domesticated, but so have chickens, pigs, cows. And yes plants are capable of evolving to be toxic to those that eat them, but so are animals.

Mooty those Oysters look amazing.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:07 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

More importantly I've experienced the same beneficial effects you have by eliminating carbs and sugar without quiting vegetables so your one anecdotal example is coming from the carbs not the vegetables.
True. As I said, 95% of the solution is in the elimination of sugar/carbs/grains. If you like your veggies, eat them, but they are far from "essential" (as 99% of the health food industry is promoting), they are toxic (some more, some less), and almost all of their modern incarnations have been selectively bred to carry much more carbs than they used to in their natural form.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:13 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Mooty those Oysters look amazing.
yes, i love them: 'guy savoy' lunch....
Old 06-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
True. As I said, 95% of the solution is in the elimination of sugar/carbs/grains. If you like your veggies, eat them, but they are far from "essential" -- as 99% of the health food industry is promoting -- and almost all of their modern incarnations have been selectively bred to carry much more carbs than they used to in their natural form.
Ok, I guess we mostly agree. The Webered tenderloin roast I had yesterday just would not have been the same without the grilled asparagus on the side.

You're probably right about marathons and crazy long stuff, but I think getting a half hour to an hour of cardio in different forms, as well as lifting regularly giving each muscle group at least a few days off before you hit it again is exactly what the body needs.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:23 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Ok, I guess we mostly agree. The Webered tenderloin roast I had yesterday just would not have been the same without the grilled asparagus on the side.

You're probably right about marathons and crazy long stuff, but I think getting a half hour to an hour of cardio in different forms, as well as lifting regularly giving each muscle group at least a few days off before you hit it again is exactly what the body needs.
yes everything in moderation.
just like we each need 35 Porsches and 12 ferarri's

i also love savory snacks.
jamon iberico de bellota b4 dinner

Old 06-17-2017, 12:32 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

^Enjoying Paris? What an awesome city!!! Mike
Old 06-17-2017, 12:35 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ yes, pho 14, launderee, chef fernand, guy savoy, i cant remember. i start at one end of the street and just eat door to door.
that blood duck thing was good.
i finished the bloody breast ....
waiting for dessert.
he brought me duck thigh.....
that was a lot of food even for me.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:47 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
yes everything in moderation.
just like we each need 35 Porsches and 12 ferarri's
Yes. 100 Porsches and 50 Ferraris would be plain nuts.

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches