Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 01:12 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
a little car content
Quick review of GT2RS.

I don’t like most car reviews, too long and usually about specs and data that I find boring. I test drive my butt and stick… if things get hard, then car is good.
So did things get hard?
Old 07-04-2018, 01:13 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

inbound
Loving the release of all the areo bikes pre LeTour. All the previous bikes were crap... they’re finally good road bikes now. The Cannondale reviews look promising, but it just looks too chunky to me. The geo is perfect for me though. Specialized nailed the right compromise (and favorite looking of the bunch), but I can’t help thinking how bad water bottles will look on it, not to mention the aero effect. Mega oversight... BMC has the right idea in that regard, plus the smart storage box down low. Extra win on the fork design covering the caliper, and fully hidden cable system also. Time to start thinking about one of these, after I loose a bit of weight first!
Old 07-04-2018, 01:32 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,812 Likes on 2,382 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
^^ wow... have you been converted to Turbo car lover ?

Yes the gt2rs has the most presence of any 911, ever. Pretty awesome machine. You're very lucky my friend.
thx

Originally Posted by hf1
So did things get hard?
yes

Originally Posted by 911Jetta

Loving the release of all the areo bikes pre LeTour. All the previous bikes were crap... they’re finally good road bikes now. The Cannondale reviews look promising, but it just looks too chunky to me. The geo is perfect for me though. Specialized nailed the right compromise (and favorite looking of the bunch), but I can’t help thinking how bad water bottles will look on it, not to mention the aero effect. Mega oversight... BMC has the right idea in that regard, plus the smart storage box down low. Extra win on the fork design covering the caliper, and fully hidden cable system also. Time to start thinking about one of these, after I loose a bit of weight first!
first buy the bike
then wt will shed
if u have a **** bike u will never ride
they have considered water bottle aero effect hats why there are two
moiu t position on down tube they had some technical reason
ablut aero benefit I cannot remember as I was busy getting the first one to be delivered to customer

not every dealer will have them. and i
think only 200 this year
Old 07-04-2018, 02:08 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Only 200! Sweet bike.

I ride my bike to work everyday, then my mountain bike most days right after I get home from work, 40 miles of trails, starting right behind the haus. Just easier to get my riding fix on the trails than the local roads. Actually my next road bike will be something I can fit larger tires on, so I can add gravel roads to my local road loops. Just love the look of hidden cables!

Visiting Cali for vacation, leaving Berkeley right now, for two days in Bodega Bay. You close? Hope to see some RLers on the roads as we head up the coast. Camera ready!
Old 07-04-2018, 05:12 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Only 200! Sweet bike.

I ride my bike to work everyday, then my mountain bike most days right after I get home from work, 40 miles of trails, starting right behind the haus. Just easier to get my riding fix on the trails than the local roads. Actually my next road bike will be something I can fit larger tires on, so I can add gravel roads to my local road loops. Just love the look of hidden cables!

Visiting Cali for vacation, leaving Berkeley right now, for two days in Bodega Bay. You close? Hope to see some RLers on the roads as we head up the coast. Camera ready!
I was just at berkeley this morning brunch. i’m 60 min south.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:49 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,047 Likes on 383 Posts

Good roads up by Bodega. Easy trip east for Naked Pig for brunch. Hit 116 early going east and have a bacon waffle

If you're contemplating a dual purpose bike with big clearance, check out either the Santa Cruz Stigmata or Open U.P. Both can do up to 40mm tires; the U.P. can do 2.1" MTB tires even. I'm about to pickup one for mixed rides. Tough decision.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:51 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the suggestions Chris! We’ve got a relaxing couple of days planed here before we head for a week at Tahoe, where I plan get in lots of mountain biking. Hoping to get to Naken Pig. Thanks for the recommendation.

Half my riding buddies ride Santa Cruz dualies, and just love them. The big clearance road bike market is just exploding, not to mention that eBike versions are starting to get tempting for epic backroad loops. Trying to decide how much gravel I will do verses how much road bike speed I need to hang on with the college kids. So many choices.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:09 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,896 Likes on 976 Posts

inbound
had. heavy and stiff but fast. like Tarmac better but you have that covered and variety is the spice of life.

a little car content

Quick review of GT2RS.

I don’t like most car reviews, too long and usually about specs and data that I find boring. I test drive my butt and stick… if things get hard, then car is good.

So here it is…. I never like turbo’s. they all drove funny. The GT2RS doesn’t drive like a turbo car. It doesn’t have the rip your neck off SUDDENLY push like turbo’s, it’s more linear and rip your neck off slowly like a GT3RS. The torque also comes smoothly too. The rate of acceleration is faster than you think. Get on the brake hard, else you will hit stuff…. The Bose stereo is really good for a Porsche. But you wont hear any of it. The engine even at 4000 rpm is very loud. The car is just LOUD in a good way, again unlike turbo. And if you lift off throttle you can hear crackle and pop like exhaust back firing. Very nice. Car is very stable maybe too planted. It’s not a busy car to drive like CGT. The CGT rear is ALWAYS moving around while the GT2RS just sits; kinda like a sumo wrestler… hum.. that image is not pleasant.

The chassis is very resolved and a big step up from 991.1GT#

Steering feel is very agile and alive as long as you have light finger pressure. Car was OEM set up, didn’t over/understeer, didn’t get sideways on wet pavement like CGT. The car looks a lot bigger than it really is. Has a HUGE PRESENCE. If there’s a car that’s bigger than life, this is one of those (visually). May have forgotten a few things. But I need to go BBQ and feed the kids ugh...
you will be assimilated. resistance is futile.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:26 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ it's 15.85# in 52cm (64mm depth wheels) with everything i need on it. the tarmac disc is 15.05# (with 50mm depth wheels)
Old 07-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

^ it's 15.85# in 52cm (64mm depth wheels) with everything i need on it. the tarmac disc is 15.05# (with 50mm depth wheels)
you’ll luv it. just be careful in crosswinds.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:49 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

spyerx - u were here last weekend? i was in vermont for a friend's wedding 100 degrees n humid - ugh

if u are still around, bring that boxspy to laguna this weekend for a few laps burn up some rubber... we are running there

hope to see u

Originally Posted by Spyerx

Drove some roads.
Saw some unicorns.
Want some unicorns
envy some unicorns
waited in lines
ate some pastries
Hung out w car buddies
witnessed the fastest car wash known to man
took an Uber.
Cattle class flight home.
700 miles of food, canyons, coast roads.
Spyder is good!!! I think a bargain. Want is low on gt3. Odd?
Pretty good way to kickoff the 4th!!!

will be back up soon after i get back from Europe for some more NorCal fun

Old 07-05-2018, 01:52 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

a little car content

Quick review of GT2RS.

So here it is…. I never like turbo’s. they all drove funny. The GT2RS doesn’t drive like a turbo car. It doesn’t have the rip your neck off SUDDENLY push like turbo’s, it’s more linear and rip your neck off slowly like a GT3RS. The torque also comes smoothly too. The rate of acceleration is faster than you think. Get on the brake hard, else you will hit stuff…. The Bose stereo is really good for a Porsche. But you wont hear any of it. The engine even at 4000 rpm is very loud. The car is just LOUD in a good way, again unlike turbo. And if you lift off throttle you can hear crackle and pop like exhaust back firing. Very nice. Car is very stable maybe too planted. It’s not a busy car to drive like CGT. The CGT rear is ALWAYS moving around while the GT2RS just sits; kinda like a sumo wrestler… hum.. that image is not pleasant.

The chassis is very resolved and a big step up from 991.1GT#

Steering feel is very agile and alive as long as you have light finger pressure. Car was OEM set up, didn’t over/understeer, didn’t get sideways on wet pavement like CGT. The car looks a lot bigger than it really is. Has a HUGE PRESENCE. If there’s a car that’s bigger than life, this is one of those (visually). May have forgotten a few things. But I need to go BBQ and feed the kids ugh…

short drive

it needed cleaning, i needed sugar

so you can see properly now, you can become youtube reviewer of cars far too fast for roads they drive on, have max hold camera... only review cars that are akin to bringing a nuclear warhead to neighborhood rock-papers-scissors battle... next cars senna and superfast
Old 07-05-2018, 02:24 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
so you can see properly now, you can become youtube reviewer of cars far too fast for roads they drive on, have max hold camera... only review cars that are akin to bringing a nuclear warhead to neighborhood rock-papers-scissors battle... next cars senna and superfast
he’s ready. spelling, grammar, even dare I say a semblance of sentence structure - it’s all there. this is mooty 2.0, post English Composition PHD.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:12 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Nizer

you’ll luv it. just be careful in crosswinds.
i know what you mean. even with CLX50, sometimes i feel like i am being pushed off the road.

spyerx - u were here last weekend? i was in vermont for a friend's wedding 100 degrees n humid - ugh

if u are still around, bring that boxspy to laguna this weekend for a few laps burn up some rubber... we are running there

hope to see u
he left, but i have his car held hostage at MO.

Originally Posted by Nizer

he’s ready. spelling, grammar, even dare I say a semblance of sentence structure - it’s all there. this is mooty 2.0, post English Composition PHD.
that's not the real mooty.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,119 Posts

hope to see u
Yeah, I was, total last minute thing. I won't be back up there until Aug probably, heading out of country for a couple weeks. We definitely need to do some driving.

he left, but i have his car held hostage at MO.
Living among giants my humble little PMB

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches