just got back, let's discuss value of porsches

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 03:03 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
^LMFAO!
Compare animal fats to plant fats under room temperature... one is solid the other is liquid. which will your body metabolize?
While your blanket statement regarding plant fats does hold some merit in regards to specific processed oils (eg: Palm Oil), but it's foolish to believe verbatim..
I'm talking about plants in general, not just fats. Most of them have evolved chemical ways of killing or hurting their natural predators, the herbivores. That's why, in response, herbivores have evolved 5+ stomachs and spend 90%+ of their time and energy digesting stuff. Humans don't.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:41 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

No tomatoes and I might die.. but I need to research more as with all my injuries less pain would be welcome. Great thread.. on a Porsche forum nonetheless
Old 06-23-2017, 03:53 PM
J9277655
Rennlist Member

Received 326 Likes on 105 Posts

So we dont get to talk about bikes anymore?

;-)
Old 06-23-2017, 04:06 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 763 Posts

Or Porsches...
Old 06-23-2017, 04:40 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
BOT.

So, got that fixed.
Its on its way.
as u stated earlier. the dutch are good traders businessman. what i could do for two years u fixed it in one day.....

oh gawd, i can't do vacation. bored at the beach and airport, u would not believe how many cars i have bought this week.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:46 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
No tomatoes and I might die.. but I need to research more as with all my injuries less pain would be welcome. Great thread.. on a Porsche forum nonetheless
im working on it. i haven t had any candies today. my wife is in shock

only ate chicken today. did
have a salad with no dressing.

Originally Posted by J9277655
So we dont get to talk about bikes anymore?

well my swork is being worked on from my recent crash. the new swork is not released to public yet. i ordered f10 and its four weeks wait for
std color. i told them i don't have italian patience. i want it NOW. this not much to talk about.

oh f10 was made specifically to run di2. italian japanese is new breed. and i heard toyota is talking with ferrari on a equity buy out.

;-)
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Or Porsches...
i cant
i am out of money now
Old 06-23-2017, 05:10 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,645 Likes on 763 Posts

TRAKCAR test driven now
Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2017, 05:34 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Here's a good write-up from a zero-carb guy:

Advice for people starting their zero carb journey
https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/co..._carb_journey/

I concur with most of it except that I still put cream in my coffee and tea. He nails the mental, psychological aspects of people's carb addiction:

"One final thought: if you are starting zero carb completely and utterly addicted to food like I was, you are coming from a place where you have been filling an uncomfortable void in your life with food. It isn't always conscious, but I promise you that is what you are doing. I was a substance abuser, and my substance was food. When you've been zero carb for a while and you've officially broken your addiction to carbohydrates, you will have no desire to eat junk anymore but you will probably feel an uncomfortable emptiness because you're no longer using food like a drug. I suggest you fill the void in your life with mindfulness meditation - you won't regret it."

Last edited by hf1; 06-23-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:10 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by hf1
Here's a good write-up from a zero-carb guy:

Advice for people starting their zero carb journey
https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb/co..._carb_journey/

I concur with most of it except that I still put cream in my coffee and tea. He nails the mental, psychological aspects of people's carb addiction:

"One final thought: if you are starting zero carb completely and utterly addicted to food like I was, you are coming from a place where you have been filling an uncomfortable void in your life with food. It isn't always conscious, but I promise you that is what you are doing. I was a substance abuser, and my substance was food. When you've been zero carb for a while and you've officially broken your addiction to carbohydrates, you will have no desire to eat junk anymore but you will probably feel an uncomfortable emptiness because you're no longer using food like a drug. I suggest you fill the void in your life with mindfulness meditation - you won't regret it."
Oh I subscribe to low carb.. occasionally manage entire days with no carb. It's just this nightshade stuff which might break me. I don't need sugar, I have learned to cut down carbs by 95% (ate pasta 2x/day, now only on a special occasion).. I LOVE veggies, especially tomatoes and eggplant and carrots and zucchini and occasionally potatoes. Cutting out those and.. what else is there to live for? (aside from Sex, Porsche's, and The occasional naked skydive)
Old 06-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I agree that lots of plants have evolved defenses to keep us from eating them, but it's much more effective of a deterrent if it tastes bad so we don't eat it. At the same time, we've evolved to not like things that are bad for us. Like walnuts, the probably taste awful for a good reason. Why is it socially acceptable for a restaurant to throw those disgusting things in a dish? I mean what if they put woodchips in there, would you be like "oh I guess they put them there because some people like them, I'll just pick out the woodchips? No you're report them to the health inspectors, and it should be the same with walnuts. That's not food, don't put it in my dinner! Fungus too.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:55 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Oh I subscribe to low carb.. occasionally manage entire days with no carb. It's just this nightshade stuff which might break me. I don't need sugar, I have learned to cut down carbs by 95% (ate pasta 2x/day, now only on a special occasion).. I LOVE veggies, especially tomatoes and eggplant and carrots and zucchini and occasionally potatoes. Cutting out those and.. what else is there to live for? (aside from Sex, Porsche's, and The occasional naked skydive)
Replace 'carbs' with 'heroin' above to maybe get a different perspective. In my mind, the addiction is exactly the same and the analogy is complete, not a hyperbole.

As to what is there to live for. Philosophers have pondered this for millennia now. The wise ones seem to overlap on the high probability that life is more than a constant pursuit of 'positive' stimuli from the outside world. Empirical and anecdotal evidence seems to support this. There are too many miserable people that can (and do) get all the sex, Porsches, and naked skydives they (think they) want.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:33 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, but I think nobody seems to know what's good or bad for us anymore. My motto is "eat what you like, then sweat it out".
Old 06-23-2017, 08:39 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm reading up on that nightshade thing and it sounds more like the cause problems in excess or for people with certain conditions. Could very well be good for the rest of us.

Alcohol is a good example, it can cause a myriad of health problems but can also be a stress reliever, which is why studies never find that it shortens lifespans despite all the diseases linked to it. As mooty says, all things in moderation.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:06 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,017 Likes on 2,290 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Sorry, but I think nobody seems to know what's good or bad for us anymore. My motto is "eat what you like, then sweat it out".
Originally Posted by Dewinator
I'm reading up on that nightshade thing and it sounds more like the cause problems in excess or for people with certain conditions. Could very well be good for the rest of us.

Alcohol is a good example, it can cause a myriad of health problems but can also be a stress reliever, which is why studies never find that it shortens lifespans despite all the diseases linked to it. As mooty says, all things in moderation.
Everything will kill us, including the air that we breathe. But yes everything in moderation and balance is a good way to live. For me, I'm trying to toss the sugary stuff and refined grains but I'm sure every once in a while I might have a little bit (like a piece of wedding or birthday cake). The quickest and easiest thing to toss was sweetened drinks like gatorade, arnold palmers, vitamin water, and juices like OJ since I really didn't drink much soda lately.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:12 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by hf1
Replace 'carbs' with 'heroin' above to maybe get a different perspective. In my mind, the addiction is exactly the same and the analogy is complete, not a hyperbole.

As to what is there to live for. Philosophers have pondered this for millennia now. The wise ones seem to overlap on the high probability that life is more than a constant pursuit of 'positive' stimuli from the outside world. Empirical and anecdotal evidence seems to support this. There are too many miserable people that can (and do) get all the sex, Porsches, and naked skydives they (think they) want.
But what else IS THERE to live for outside of positive stimuli? Love is a positive stimulus.. should we try to live without love? love is also addictive.. maybe it's just a matter of getting addicted to positive stimuli which are also good for us and those around us vs ones which could hurt us and others?

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches