Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:48 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha, good one Mooty. As for my example though, like you said it's just an example that is inherently flawed. The example works better in areas where P dealers are more spread out (think Midwest or South). Of course, in your example, it's also flawed assuming many dealers are with convenient driving distances.

Always good to hear from a fellow McKinsey alum.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:58 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Mooty that rant was great, but can you go into further detail about the coke and hookers?
Old 03-27-2017, 10:59 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

mooty... tells it like it is...done.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Ran across this article earlier today.

Name:  photo137.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  448.3 KB

Name:  photo855.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  587.2 KB

http://www.latimes.com/la-print-edit...htmlstory.html

Last edited by STG; 03-27-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:12 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
All most dealers want to have a relationship with is your money, the more money you folks over the better relationship they'll give you.
Porsche Dealer = Porsche Prostitute
Old 03-27-2017, 11:39 PM
06C2s
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, All I can say is WOW. I have had "Good" customers in my business and I have done my best to keep them and I have to say anybody who is buying and selling 50 100k+ cars over a 10 year period SHOULD be considered GOLDEN even by Porsche standards.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:16 AM
2fnquik
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Hahaha!
Old 03-28-2017, 12:29 AM
2fnquik
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
OMFG, there's so much BS here.
but that's what makes life fun.
just like i always look into the toilet bowl after i am done and wave good bye to each nugget.

i buy lots
i buy out of state as well and sometimes out of country
my 4.0 came for a out of state dealer at msrp, and i got to order it. i never bought from them.

not all dealers are that way. business is business. you rub my back i rub yours. we are not 3 YO. to get to the point where one can buy these toys, we know how the game is played. i buy not jusgt GT cars, i also buy garbabe like boxster, panoPOSrama, pepper GTS that's too small to tow or haul my stuff. just to appease the dealer oh and i buth those at msrp as well, and some times they do give me $2000 off on 80-90k dollar cars to save my face.... and i always sold cars back to them. if my tires are bad and pads are worn or rotors cracked, i will put new oem stuff on before i give them the car. u cannot find better customer than i. and what did i get... large ***** in my a**

and ...... one time one of my car was hit $15000 damage. i fixed it. i sold to dealer. i told them it's hit, i showed them the bod shop repair invoice. they boubht the car anywaysl 1 week later, calls me 'MAN your car has been hit. we cant' sell it at the price we thought we colud..." well buddy, you are a pro dealer, and i evne showed you the body shop ionvoice, what else can i disclose? but being a nice guy, i asked them well how much are you in the hole... $8500 was what it was. i got there in 45 min and cut them a 8500 check. THIS IS AFTER I SIGNED OVER THE TITLE A WEEK AGO.... now anyone of you will do that???? and guess what, next RS another ***** in my a**. btw, subhject deler is carlson porsche. sorry for type but i am livid, AGAIN.... and to help out sales numberr some sales guy there needed anothe rcar sold that month. told me buy it now, then sell back next month. i will take it back anbd make you whole. nice guy i am, i did that. next month i bring car back "oh. mkt dropped, i have to pay you less than you paid..."

oh, shoudl i go on.
on a car i sold back to them, we agree on price overr the phone. upone showing up with car as represented, they deciced to write me a chk 3000 less..... i wasn't a math major but adding simple numbers is not very hard....

i can keep going, but will crash the WWW with my rant. so today i have no loyalty, i will have the car i want at msrp. there are gamesmanship and there's gamesmanship. let's play. i got nothing but time.

you are right, i do enjoy mosly the positives. i rode 100 miles 11000' eleavatoin gain sunday and 34 miles 2900' this morning then drove my 991RS followed by my 72. now i am doing the RL wife thing. it's way cheaper than resorting to coke or hookers. i speak from personal exp.

pls lead me to that dealer. i have had mabye 50 GT3/RS since 2004. thaqts's juswt GT3/RS. if you add cayman, pepper, boxster and such.... this doens'tw include the amount of business i can direct their way. AND did i mention i sell my cars low back to them and watch them made profit on them AGAIN.

primiary i think is that sales ppl are just sales. they have no real power. owner and managers think cash is growing on tree and will keep coming. some do not learn from history. 2000, 2007...... ring a bell?

this is a legit example but an over used and flawed one nevertheless. in prior life, as mckinsey strategist, i can tell you if you believed in that theory, your business will fail.

if one wants to sell to the highest bidder, that's cool, makes sense. (igonore other points)

if one wants to MAKE UP REASONS then this is not a good reason. let say i am local to you and "Z" is out of state. you chose to sell to me b/c u can service my car. in theory, perfect. but just b/c i am in your sdervic area why do you tihnk i will goto you? i have 7 p car dealership nearby. assuming you are one of those 7 i may chose the other 6. you made nothing. so selling local or out of state makes no difference. in fact i drive 30 miles to my fav dealer when my office is 2500' from the closet porsche dealer...

parts: everyone here has cmopougter, we shop online, suncoast sunset has cheapest parts we all buy from them or we make you match them. and in CA tax is 10% way higher than shipping. so again local customer is no use.

business has to be EARNED. must b/c i am local means very little. i live in SF, my car is shipped to WA state for detailing. bc A2DNW has earned that business.

my gripe is not about selling over msrp, it's about the SMOKE, MIRROR AND LIES ppl come up with.

on, almost forgot. some say WRITTEN CONTRACT. we have 20-30MM deal with vedrbal agreement. a piece of paper and a signature over rides one's characgtre? i dont know how these guys sleep at night.

i did have writtern contract at msrp with a dealer. they even have my deposit granted a very tiny one $500. they reneg'd. i showed them the paper. they went sielnt as if they neverr saw it... sure i can sue them. but do i really have that much time and energy? i may hire someone to drive the owner off the road. the legal system takes too long. oh.... and dealership changed. and now i cannot get my $500 back. it was 16 months ago that they told me they are "investigating" their accounting to see where the $500 went....

while this sounds like wildman's ranting. those who knows me know that i find all this fascinatingly funny. and i believe in karma. one of the sales guy complained his kid didn't get into such college aha... little he knew one phone call i can get her in... oh we... too bad.
http://jalopnik.com/porsche-will-tre...-spy-459525411
Old 03-28-2017, 12:31 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

That's the secret???

Name:  photo8.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  502.5 KB
Old 03-28-2017, 01:23 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,631 Likes on 2,314 Posts

yes in retrospect i should have sold my kids and buy a 918. life b easier

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
Mooty you need to come do business in the midwest. so much easier and out here they stick to there word. You would be a gold mine and worshiped in my city. I will gladly trailer your cars to you for a low fee.
pls feel free to into me to ur dealer. my geography is limited. pacific rim nyc texas miami. i thought the rest are just salt water. so pls bring midwest to me. oh when i say my geography is limited i'm not kidding. i carry a map to
get from
office to the parking lot and it's a small bldg.

Originally Posted by ChicagoM4
Haha, good one Mooty. As for my example though, like you said it's just an example that is inherently flawed. The example works better in areas where P dealers are more spread out (think Midwest or South). Of course, in your example, it's also flawed assuming many dealers are with convenient driving distances.

Always good to hear from a fellow McKinsey alum.
mckinsey pays well
but drive u like
slave. i was there to find rich wives. and i did well there.

Originally Posted by robmypro
Mooty that rant was great, but can you go into further detail about the coke and hookers?
i cannot put that in public forum. but as long as u have money i
will
supply them at MSRP no upcharge. but there is long option lost 34b or 26, 38 colormof hair. u care of her
sport chrono is real or silicon? new or used....
Old 03-28-2017, 01:36 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

christ i have 30 pm asking which nkrcalmdealer is good

well.
fremont
and sinner afe rip choice not perfect but way better

i rather die than buy from carlsen and my fronds are well aware that if they set foot in carlsen for any purpose i no longer provide technical assistance oeice guidance or cheap parts.

stead? if carlsen is skunk then hey are weasel

rector no experience
livermore puts on a good show. under the suit it's just as stinky

monterey lithia is run by eunuchs. never have i seen
man with so little ball or guts. i want a slower rs go ahead.

autogallery wel my friend martin just about covers it

rusnak they wet bad since 1986. treated dad poorly when we bought 928. won't give him a full tank. my old man has been around the block a few times. did the dance with them and upon signing opened his montegrappan fountain pen asked for sipping ink. they don't have it. dad looked at the manager straight i the eyes. no ink and no fuel? sorry we ****** don't buy cars with no fuel. they spend 6 days working the deal
and lost it
over 20+ gallon of fuel. smart ppl

alright enough drama one nights. i'm cleaning my wheels
this is more soothing

Old 03-28-2017, 01:42 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

LOL mooty. Too funny!
Old 03-28-2017, 02:20 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Mooty, I enjoyed your rant but I am not sure I understand your situation. Clearly you buy a ton of cars. Why don't you stick with one dealer? Based on the volume of cars you buy, I would think the dealer would erect a shrine of you in his dealership lobby and provide you with any car you want at MSRP. Also, PCNA would be sure that you get the cars you wanted.

So why are you buying out of state or even out of the country?🤔
Old 03-28-2017, 02:32 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ i did stick to a dealer. and they did fk me
pcna really don't care much
and i'm tired of chasing
now cars find me. if they don't then so be it.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:14 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mooty has too many toys. The dealers are being nice to you to force you to keep money in your pocket. You probably end up with three .2 before anybody else. Just checked again today and no word on any allocation. Still V70.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread