Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFFICIAL 991.2 GT3 RELEASE *Confirmed 500HP 4.0 & Manual option*

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 03:11 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

that is gorgeous. even with red pinstriping and red brakes looks fantastic.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:12 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

has this been covered already.. the leather interior door sills are gone.. this is really sad.. was a beautiful finishing piece which really makes the interior.

also the leather stitched vent surrounds are gone, despite showing up in the configurator.. ARGH! beautiful stuff.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:34 PM
kamijamali
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think carrera metallic white with black accents and black rims....nice combo
Old 03-23-2017, 03:35 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
'Concrete' blue, as my dealership refers to it. Perfect example of a 'meh' color that people go gaga over just because it's different. Anyone thinking of this color, should definitely go see it in real life and make sure they like it. I did not care for it, particularly in direct sunlight. Seemed to show fine scratches badly as well.
Porsche had half their lineup in this colour at the 2016 auto show in Detroit. That was the first time I'd seen it and all I could think was that Porsche had made a colossal mistake. To me, it looks like glossy primer. Yeah, it's different. That's really all it's got going for it in my book.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
has this been covered already.. the leather interior door sills are gone.. this is really sad.. was a beautiful finishing piece which really makes the interior.
I debated ordering those for my Boxster. Someone strongly cautioned me against it saying that it would get easily scuffed and end up being a waste of money. I ended up doing without.

My primary reason for it was the colour. I wanted the beige leather to match the bottom of the doors and the carpet rather than having the black there since at the time I couldn't order deviated carpets in black.

Now that I've got Weathertech floor liners covering most of the floor pan, it's completely a non-issue.

I never thought of it as the sort of option people would look back on with fondness if it were taken away.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:40 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

As this turns into a bitch session about Porsche's standard color palette...

It is rather unfortunate that they don't offer a better gray and green, can't complain about the blue.

They definitely restrict standard colors to enhance their crazy PTS program. Chalk, crayon, really?!

Colors, however, are a bit overrated if you ask me. Hard to beat the traditional black, white or silver! (And the first two are free).
Old 03-23-2017, 03:43 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

also the leather stitched vent surrounds are gone, despite showing up in the configurator.. ARGH! beautiful stuff.
I have them and they look great. No scuffing at all.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:46 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

DELETE
Old 03-23-2017, 03:56 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Porsche had half their lineup in this colour at the 2016 auto show in Detroit. That was the first time I'd seen it and all I could think was that Porsche had made a colossal mistake. To me, it looks like glossy primer. Yeah, it's different. That's really all it's got going for it in my book.
Yup, I didn't care for it in pictures, and I think it looks even worse in person. Just an awful color that never should have made it into Porsche's palette.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:42 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So you're saying if you order the painted slats, you won't get the vent surrounds in leather with stitching? Where did you here this?
Old 03-23-2017, 04:44 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spacedust

Chalk looks good in that pic. Would like to see it next to Fashion grey.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:49 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I did photograph graphite blue with a color reference card:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9428...ance-card.html

Old 03-23-2017, 05:06 PM
MerlinRS
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by squid42

ETA: also, does anybody have a location and know where the key cabinet is mounted?

Click for 1200x675

Click for 1200x675

Click for 1200x675

University Stuttgart I think.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:22 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

For those who care, I'm sure Exclusive Option will sell you snap-on leather covered sills, valve caps, exhaust tips, etc. With contrast stitching too.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:52 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

If you paint the slats the surround becomes leather
Old 03-23-2017, 08:33 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I think this is a very good point about not buying a PTS color which is similar to something stock. For example people who get pts basalt black which is.. jet black or black... boggles the mind.

And even absolute Red which is not $7500 away from guards red (and PTS is about to get more expensive by the way)

However, there are certain colors which may be worth the PTS premium.
-any green obviously BC there is nothing similar.
-most blues BC miami is a **** color and graphite blue is beautiful in itself but not really a blue. So PTS Mexico/riviera/voodoo/Meissen/gulf/golf/midnight blue.. all worthwhile.
-yellows.. damn If signal yellow weren't far enough away from the current nasty fluorescent version.. signal is probably worth it, actually goes very well with red brake calipers, NOT pccb yellow at all. In fact red interior stitch with red brakes and signal yellow is gorgeous.
-any grey.. having spent a lot of time with a sport classic grey car last week; I can say it's fantastic.. who knew?
-silvers?... not in my mind. In fact gt silver is such an amazing depth, and if you want to go crazy, get a satin PFF over it and it's simply show car special.. spending any $ on some of the liquid metal craziness just isn't worth it.. then again if you are buying a $65k color we have a different sense of normal anyway.
-whites?- I just don't get it. Now that we have carrera/Carrara and regular white for free, and chalk.. any other ivory or similar just doesn't make sense. In fact, regular white with black details is "PTS" in my mind.. like a white RS.. omg, absolutely gorgeous.

I'm probably saying something which is quite obvious, hopefully not repetitive. Just thinking ahead to PTS hopefully and wondering what's really worth it?

I'm thinking jet black with black wheels with red pinstripe and red brakes with contrast red sittiching and every interior leather option is actually the most beautiful combo I can imagine at the moment. Spend the $$$ on condom wrapping so you stay swirl and chip-free, and all of a sudden you have the perfect non-PTS car with a huge sense of occasion. Because nothing but nothing beats a perfectly clean jet black 911 with a wing... I learned this from a movie I watched as a kid which first made me fall in love with Porsche's... Condorman
One of my favourite movies as a kid. Chief baddie was in the flat nose if I remember rightly.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL 991.2 GT3 RELEASE *Confirmed 500HP 4.0 & Manual option*