Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GTS, GT3, GT2, GT3 RS, Mission E - Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 174 Posts

I feel like we've gone off on a tangent here.

Let's take a step back and go back to anxiously waiting for details on the new cars to find out if we even want one in the first place.

Maybe it'll suck and I won't care whether I get one. :P
Old 02-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 92 Posts

I think the problem isn't the overall demand or supply limitations from Porsche for the GT3 but rather that everyone wants one of the first ones. I have no doubt Porsche will look at order demands and build accordingly over a 12 or 16 month period. The GT3 is not difficult to supply. I'm sure they can fit 25 cars or more per day through the factory but it means not everyone can get their car in the first 6 months. They will trickle out at 500 a month or something.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:21 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
I think the problem isn't the overall demand or supply limitations from Porsche for the GT3 but rather that everyone wants one of the first ones. I have no doubt Porsche will look at order demands and build accordingly over a 12 or 16 month period. The GT3 is not difficult to supply. I'm sure they can fit 25 cars or more per day through the factory but it means not everyone can get their car in the first 6 months. They will trickle out at 500 a month or something.
This^

If you want car early and not VIP or buddy with dealer you'll have to pay. If you don't like paying over just sit back and relax.
Just delivered the last few RS in US. It takes time to satisfy demand all over the planet.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
And that was the first day of the 2013 show.
So figure 992 GTx March 2020 or 2021?

997.2 GT3 was Geneva 2009
997.1 GT3 was Geneva 2006 (I think)
Old 02-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,452 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I feel like we've gone off on a tangent here.

Let's take a step back and go back to anxiously waiting for details on the new cars to find out if we even want one in the first place.

Maybe it'll suck and I won't care whether I get one. :P
Exactly- It has to be a step up from the 991.1 GT3 to perk my ears. Sure the Manual alone has my attention but need more details
Old 02-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,902 Posts

It could be the exact same car, with the new steering wheel and the new PCM/Nav and I'll be happy.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
This^

If you want car early and not VIP or buddy with dealer you'll have to pay. If you don't like paying over just sit back and relax.
Just delivered the last few RS in US. It takes time to satisfy demand all over the planet.

But there are some people who are not VIPs nor special clients with the dealer but wants to be able to get one of the early cars so they can drive for a year and then they can unload it for what they paid for if not more.

They can't quite do that with later cars and take advantage of the price curve.

For people that buy a car as a keeper, waiting is fine, for those flippers, getting one early is the key.

A whole bunch of 918 owners asked to have their Rs very late in the production, either for PTS or other reasons. I actually swapped my own production slot back, from getting one of the early cars to one of the lasts. It's finally done and I will be picking it up in Leipzig in 3 weeks.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:24 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

In U.K. the dealers stopped taking deposits a long time ago and many people with deposits down will not get a car unless Porsche makes many more than they have ever done in the past. So all this talk about wait and you'll get one is untrue.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:02 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

But there are some people who are not VIPs nor special clients with the dealer but wants to be able to get one of the early cars so they can drive for a year and then they can unload it for what they paid for if not more.

For people that buy a car as a keeper, waiting is fine, for those flippers, getting one early is the key.
This is exactly how it all unfolds with the special GT cars.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:59 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,545 Likes on 5,067 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Everybody likes to regurgitate the basic rules of supply and demand they learned in Econ 101. But it isn't that simple...bone up on price elasticity of demand.
Indeed.

And make more money, so that paying a markup is like dropping change in the tip jar at Starbucks.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:30 AM
Desert_dude
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well at the end its all down to greedy people and not Car lovers. I see in Mobile.de many 0 km Rs the same here in UAE, which means to me that the demand on those GT cars is not that high as everybody is talking/wishing for.

I guess that's the reason why Porsche is not building 10k Gt3/RS there are just not so many potential Clients out there as it seems on the first glims.

I could have a Build slot for the new GT3 here in UAE but the Dealer expect a deposit by the end of the month. Now how i can make a deposit on a car which i don't know the details? And on the other hand there are those 0km cars still sitting and get dusty.

Its a stupid game and im not sure what to do. With all this, the last N/A the last MT the last whatever its kinda makes me buying again a caterham :-)
Old 02-04-2017, 05:21 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Desert_dude
Well at the end its all down to greedy people and not Car lovers. I see in Mobile.de many 0 km Rs the same here in UAE, which means to me that the demand on those GT cars is not that high as everybody is talking/wishing for.

I guess that's the reason why Porsche is not building 10k Gt3/RS there are just not so many potential Clients out there as it seems on the first glims.

I could have a Build slot for the new GT3 here in UAE but the Dealer expect a deposit by the end of the month. Now how i can make a deposit on a car which i don't know the details? And on the other hand there are those 0km cars still sitting and get dusty.

Its a stupid game and im not sure what to do. With all this, the last N/A the last MT the last whatever its kinda makes me buying again a caterham :-)
You're lucky you still have the option! Get the dealer to agree the deposit is refundable. That's how it's done in most markets.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,986 Likes on 2,271 Posts

A whole bunch of 918 owners asked to have their Rs very late in the production, either for PTS or other reasons. I actually swapped my own production slot back, from getting one of the early cars to one of the lasts. It's finally done and I will be picking it up in Leipzig in 3 weeks.
The majority of first round of GT3 allocations will be nothing more than flipping exercises. My guess is that the premiums that will be asked will be $30k-$40k over initially. That number will keep coming down as more and more allocations are released. I predict that allocations in sometime in early to mid 2018 will be sold at or near MSRP.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

I'm off to Geneva Friday the 10th. Anybody want a pint?
Old 02-09-2017, 08:38 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts
Default retro wingless wonder wish

OK,

so, totally outlandish wish.. but it would be so great if the proposed "touring" version without the wing (not happening #sad).. would actually contain some beautiful elements like chrome window frames and headlight rings, kind of like the 50th Anniversary version.. and.. it could look something like...

THIS!

Quick Reply: 991.2 GTS, GT3, GT2, GT3 RS, Mission E - Update