Sponsored by:

991.2 is 3.8 and RS.2???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 04:06 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 365 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
They're finally racing the motor. Now they're going to start focusing on reducing weight. What next, a real man's interior for GT cars?

Bravo.
Hope so..
I would like to see a more track focus version of the RS, something like no passenger seat or delete option, no carpet, bit more aero, some dive planes etc, full cage, bit more BHP. Maybe a sequential box. Just enough road legal to drive it to and from the track.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,882 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
^^^ I like
Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I've asked for some crazy CXX options for the gt2rs. I'll let you know how it goes. I believe we have the same taste in options. 😉
Originally Posted by CAlexio
How far can you go?... up to now all we've seen is changes in coverings like leather etc.. that picture above is epic.. but requires structural changes.. would Porsche do that for any price?
Originally Posted by Jono809
Just go for the radio delete & without chrono - that's what I did as I wanted it as basic as possible - no distractions, just purely for driving! Still have AC though, that's a must for any sane person
Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Love it, but too bad most of the RS buyers are total C&C posers who load up the car with useless options. LESS IS MORE!
Originally Posted by Apolo1
Hope so..
I would like to see a more track focus version of the RS, something like no passenger seat or delete option, no carpet, bit more aero, some dive planes etc, full cage, bit more BHP. Maybe a sequential box. Just enough road legal to drive it to and from the track.

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
At the end of the day, an RS is a street car. Some creature comfort will be expected.

My ClubSport interior is REALLY bare, I don't mind driving it on a race track with a helmet and radio ear plugs, but without those? Nah. There is a lien to be drawn.

For a street car, nav is a must for me, bluetooth, air con, (I even have air con on my race car). Manual seats are fine, but i want auto dimming mirrors, auto lower for parking, heated side mirrors, auto windows, etc.

The current GT3RS just about tick every single box, perhaps I might wish it has carbon doors like my race car for weight loss, perhaps even full carbon exterior a la Singer to lose another 50-100lbs.

My ClubSport weights in a 1300kg, When I look around inside the car, perhaps I could add back another 50-75kg for creature comforts. Sound insulation and passenger seat and other stuff, that should be the bare minimum one could expect.

Anything less than that weight one needs to look at perhaps carbon tub, full carbon unibody to save more weight. But that also means the price will go way up.
Yeah, I get it. But I also see opportunity to further distinguish the GT3 from the RS, as has been the trend and as the majority of buyers have requested with each subsequent generation. In this regard the interior remains low hanging fruit IMO.

The GT3 should be a very good street car that works exceptionally well on the track with all the options and creature comforts that implies whereas the RS should be a barely civilized race car that's legal for the road. JMO.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:07 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Love it, but too bad most of the RS buyers are total C&C posers who load up the car with useless options. LESS IS MORE!

Why does it bother you how other people spec their cars, which they are buying with their money, and will drive on their time?
Old 12-02-2016, 10:36 AM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not bad if Porsche add a clubsport version on GT3/RS like the 993 RS touring and clubsport version.You have a street/track version and a "light cup" for street with more track orientation .) i think the market is open for that and me the first for a clubsport RS
Old 12-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 365 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Metzeger
Not bad if Porsche add a clubsport version on GT3/RS like the 993 RS touring and clubsport version.You have a street/track version and a "light cup" for street with more track orientation .) i think the market is open for that and me the first for a clubsport RS
In UK, for the 993 RS they made a few, think it was 7 RHDs, with full cage, less trim, bit more BHP and if I recall correct a bit more aero. In some markets they were badged Club Sport or RSR.......
Old 12-02-2016, 12:40 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
I'm just noise.
Does it go something like this?

PCNA @ the new model dealer principal presentation meeting - "Here is what we tried and this is what you'll be selling this year".

Rennlist - "You're wrong!"

Old 12-02-2016, 01:26 PM
jpgunn
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Apolo1
Hope so..
I would be in for a car like that.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 689 Posts

street car that works exceptionally well on the track with all the options and creature comforts that implies whereas the RS should be a barely civilized race car that's legal for the road. JMO.
completely agree!
Old 12-02-2016, 05:22 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

This cleaned up a bit and modified to meet safety regulations? For an RS, you bet.

I can tell you what I don't want. i don't want my track car/early morning escape/emotional engagement toy to look like a Panamera inside. Bottom line there is plenty of room to "RS" the interior while taking weight out regardless of which end of the spectrum you fall.
That s an RS
Old 12-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 546 Posts

Neither Whoopsy, nor Rosenbergendo have been bashful about their opinions. Feels like Whoopsy's confidence, volume and 918 VVVIP trump-card have tilted the scales of the RL herd opinion. But it will be interesting to see who's cleaning lady was better, come March.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:36 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Unless she is Arnold Schwarzenegger's cleaning lady. I'm still betting turbo 6 speed.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:58 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Metzeger
This is pretty much what PAG are doing with the 991.2 GT3. A wingless manual for the road and with wing for the track...although the regular GT3 with wing is probably not as hardcore as you would like. For me it's just perfect.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Yeah, I get it. But I also see opportunity to further distinguish the GT3 from the RS, as has been the trend and as the majority of buyers have requested with each subsequent generation. In this regard the interior remains low hanging fruit IMO.

The GT3 should be a very good street car that works exceptionally well on the track with all the options and creature comforts that implies whereas the RS should be a barely civilized race car that's legal for the road. JMO.

Which is what it is supposed to be.

GT3 is a car that's for the street yet capable for the track.

GT3RS is a car for the track yet is capable for the street.

It is how Porsche categorized them.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:05 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

We all have different opinions on what's bearable for street driving. Some think that the bucket seats are uncomfortable in their RS.

To me it's about creating a race car "feel" in a street car.
For an example I have asked if it's possible to get one standing wiper instead of 2 laying down. Might sound silly to most, but I would love to have it. Flame suit on.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:13 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

In the eyes of most the RS should be much closer to the PAG definition

Last edited by fxz; 12-03-2016 at 04:46 AM.

Quick Reply: 991.2 is 3.8 and RS.2???