Sponsored by:

991.2 is 3.8 and RS.2???

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
The GT cars are built on the exact same production line as the regular cars in Zuffenhausen. Parts are delivered just-in-time to each stations for each cars perhaps 30 mins ahead. For a say a GT3RS with a custom CXX steering wheel, that custom wheel is NOT being installed on the line, but a regular wheel is installed and when the car is finished, it will get transported to Exclusive to take off that standard wheel and a custom wheel made and installed.

Not very efficient by German standard but that's how Porsche does it.

When Porsche list standard options on the build sheets, those options can be mass produced by their suppliers and thus can be delivered and install along the main assembly line.

True CXX options are different, those cars will get worked on at Exclusive after the car is built. One reason why some of the CXX options re outrageous in price.
Indeed this is made obvious - although not specifically mentioned (to my recollection) - in some of the recent documentary type videos about current Porsche production lines. The 5-door passenger car lines are probably different.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:28 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
And after 250 posts 17 pages nobody's said nothing on GT3 RS.2
one of the following is true

1 no one knows
2 who knows wanna eat all the pies
why sharing?

thus everything just speculation
You get what you pay for.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,907 Likes on 982 Posts

Don't expect Porsche to continue the HP war forever. They are more focused on efficiency. In plain english, that means they wants to lower the weight instead of adding more and more HP, making each gallon of fuel perform better.
They're finally racing the motor. Now they're going to start focusing on reducing weight. What next, a real man's interior for GT cars?

Bravo.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
They're finally racing the motor. Now they're going to start focusing on reducing weight. What next, a real man's interior for GT cars?

Bravo.

One can always hope

But would you accept an interior that looks like a Cup car?
Old 12-01-2016, 09:41 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
You get what you pay for.
Fooling the mass ppl with the supponence until you get your pie right ?

Last edited by fxz; 12-01-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:41 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Would love to have an entirely magnisium car down to the wheels but we know that ant happenin. A roof on an R is costing 500k. Image an entire body.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:56 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

So far
AC Satco : No RS NA
Trackcar : No RS NA, GT2RS only
OP : No RS NA, hybrid eventually

3 statements for no RS NA anymore

the rest is nothing
or out of thread topic as usual

Originally Posted by fxz
And after 250 posts 17 pages nobody's said nothing on GT3 RS.2
one of the following is true

1 no one knows
2 who knows wanna eat all the pies
why sharing?

thus everything just speculation

Last edited by fxz; 12-01-2016 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:26 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Too crazies posting one after another . Can't be good. Lol
Old 12-01-2016, 11:08 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,907 Likes on 982 Posts

One can always hope

But would you accept an interior that looks like a Cup car?
This cleaned up a bit and modified to meet safety regulations? For an RS, you bet.

I can tell you what I don't want. i don't want my track car/early morning escape/emotional engagement toy to look like a Panamera inside. Bottom line there is plenty of room to "RS" the interior while taking weight out regardless of which end of the spectrum you fall.
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2016, 11:11 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ I like
Old 12-01-2016, 11:29 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

This cleaned up a bit and modified to meet safety regulations? For an RS, you bet.

I can tell you what I don't want. i don't want my track car/early morning escape/emotional engagement toy to look like a Panamera inside. Bottom line there is plenty of room to "RS" the interior while taking weight out regardless of which end of the spectrum you fall.
I've asked for some crazy CXX options for the gt2rs. I'll let you know how it goes. I believe we have the same taste in options. 😉
Old 12-01-2016, 11:54 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I've asked for some crazy CXX options for the gt2rs. I'll let you know how it goes. I believe we have the same taste in options. 😉
How far can you go?... up to now all we've seen is changes in coverings like leather etc.. that picture above is epic.. but requires structural changes.. would Porsche do that for any price?
Old 12-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

At the end of the day, an RS is a street car. Some creature comfort will be expected.

My ClubSport interior is REALLY bare, I don't mind driving it on a race track with a helmet and radio ear plugs, but without those? Nah. There is a lien to be drawn.

For a street car, nav is a must for me, bluetooth, air con, (I even have air con on my race car). Manual seats are fine, but i want auto dimming mirrors, auto lower for parking, heated side mirrors, auto windows, etc.

The current GT3RS just about tick every single box, perhaps I might wish it has carbon doors like my race car for weight loss, perhaps even full carbon exterior a la Singer to lose another 50-100lbs.

My ClubSport weights in a 1300kg, When I look around inside the car, perhaps I could add back another 50-75kg for creature comforts. Sound insulation and passenger seat and other stuff, that should be the bare minimum one could expect.

Anything less than that weight one needs to look at perhaps carbon tub, full carbon unibody to save more weight. But that also means the price will go way up.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:02 AM
Jono809
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Just go for the radio delete & without chrono - that's what I did as I wanted it as basic as possible - no distractions, just purely for driving! Still have AC though, that's a must for any sane person
Old 12-02-2016, 03:22 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,101 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Love it, but too bad most of the RS buyers are total C&C posers who load up the car with useless options. LESS IS MORE!

Quick Reply: 991.2 is 3.8 and RS.2???