991.2 GT3 Allocations.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 711 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
What about me!?!? 😥
Stay focused I think there are more cars coming.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:57 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Stay focused I think there are more cars coming.
I'm focused! My wife is now calling me obsessed. I prefer determined. Oh well at least it's not "you are not getting one, so stop talking about it".

I believe there will be more too, question is will they throw one at me.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by SToronto
I'm focused! My wife is now calling me obsessed. I prefer determined. Oh well at least it's not "you are not getting one, so stop talking about it".

I believe there will be more too, question is will they throw one at me.
And here's the other thing If the marketplace is any indication, I think used ones will pop up in the summer at list.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:32 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 731 Posts

And here's the other thing If the marketplace is any indication, I think used ones will pop up in the summer at list.
A dealer is predicting used ones will show up as well, however with a markup. Pfaff has a chalk one on the floor, Chris Pfaff's car. Saw it today, looks sweet.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

What scenario leads to used ones available this summer without a markup?

I mean... there's going to be flippers. We all know that. But they won't be at MSRP.

I can see them showing up next year. Someone drives it for a year and trades it in at a small loss for an RS and the dealer re-sells at original MSRP and everyone wins. But so soon?
Old 12-07-2017, 03:50 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

GT4, a year and a half is quickly?

And I still own it.

Edit: and don't forget the circa $3mm in cars I've bought from Mr. Policaro and his partner in the last few years and the $25k I've spent in service there in the last three years.

You've highlighted 2 cars out of about the more than 20 I have bought and sold in the last few years, almost all at a loss.

I'm a flipper only in the sense I have a short attention span.

Well, that GT4 has barley any KMs on it, and has been listed sale for quite a while at ME, and its being sold for more than what you paid (and was shown as sold at one point). So yeah it looks like a flip. Also, didn't you flip a 981 Spyder too - could've sworn I saw you post about selling one to get a PTS one? Please don't think I'm judging you (or lumping in you with that Youtube flipper guy - I can't imagine you doing it for the money). If I had the money, I'd definitely do the same (but I've only spent about $500k in the last couple years with my dealer and probably another $20-30k in service/parts, so no where near the pull you got and rightly so). But if we go by what dealers (including Pfaff, Policaro) have said about flipping blacklists, you shouldn't be getting an allocation.

My real point is, that dealers like to talk a big game about selling cars out of market, buying hard to get allocations then selling them off with next to no miles, and saying these people are gonna get blacklisted. It's all a bunch of BS. Fact of the matter is, if you buy enough cars from a dealer, they'll ignore all these things and happily sell more to you.

Last edited by shizzle; 12-07-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:14 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

^+1 about dealers talking out their a$$e$$ about blacklisting flippers etc.

All 3 private dealers will have cars on their showroom that were "unwanted" by their "respective" customers.. BS! They are specing cars themselves to sell at a premium in the guise of being "used" Happened with the RS and GT4.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:17 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

^ Yup. And I'm a complete dumb** for actually having believed these stories about blacklists....

As for the Pfaff car, if what they say is true I got no problem with it (BIG if). Basically its a dealer car and will be auctioned off with all proceeds going to charity.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by shizzle
Well, that GT4 has barley any KMs on it, and has been listed sale for quite a while at ME, and its being sold for more than what you paid (and was shown as sold at one point). So yeah it looks like a flip. Also, didn't you flip a 981 Spyder too - could've sworn I saw you post about selling one to get a PTS one? Please don't think I'm judging you (or lumping in you with that Youtube flipper guy - I can't imagine you doing it for the money). If I had the money, I'd definitely do the same (but I've only spent about $500k in the last couple years with my dealer and probably another $20-30k in service/parts, so no where near the pull you got and rightly so). But if we go by what dealers (including Pfaff, Policaro) have said about flipping blacklists, you shouldn't be getting an allocation.

My real point is, that dealers like to talk a big game about selling cars out of market, buying hard to get allocations then selling them off with next to no miles, and saying these people are gonna get blacklisted. It's all a bunch of BS. Fact of the matter is, if you buy enough cars from a dealer, they'll ignore all these things and happily sell more to you.
I'm sorry you don't have a car, but you are either ill informed or purposely misrepresenting who I am.

The GT4 has no miles because I prefer driving my other cars and I rarely leave the house. It will sell at whatever the market dictates. If it doesn't sell, I'll gladly keep it. I like the colour.

I bought Chris Pfaff's personal Spyder above list and sold it at a large loss when I found I wasn't driving it after buying the pts one.

Flippers do it for the money. I have more than enough. I've lost millions 'flipping' cars, boats and airplanes over the last decade.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:07 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

^ Don't be sorry I might not get a car, it is what it is. I can find lots of ways to spend $200k. I'm not calling you out, I'm calling dealer hypocrisy out.

As for misrepresenting who you are, I just look at the facts. You flipped your GT3 to an American, and you've been trying to sell your PTS GT4 above market, which you barely ever drove. This is the kind of stuff that supposedly gets people blacklisted by Porsche (and this comes from the mouths of GMs and sales managers of dealers). Call it flipping or whatever you want. But when you buy enough cars, you don't need to worry about dealer BS and phantom lists.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
What scenario leads to used ones available this summer without a markup?

I mean... there's going to be flippers. We all know that. But they won't be at MSRP.

I can see them showing up next year. Someone drives it for a year and trades it in at a small loss for an RS and the dealer re-sells at original MSRP and everyone wins. But so soon?
If we see early cars being sold here now for $10k above list, it makes me think the adm market is weak and used cars will be available with miles at list.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

If we see early cars being sold here now for $10k above list, it makes me think the adm market is weak and used cars will be available with miles at list.
Ah. So you think people will be trying to flip for profit but there won’t be buyers so they’ll go down to list price. I understand.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Ah. So you think people will be trying to flip for profit but there won’t be buyers so they’ll go down to list price. I understand.
No. Within the last 2 weeks there was a Gt3 listed here at less than list + sales tax.

Plus, guys are bragging about being offered cars at quite low adm. Like $10k. Makes me think the demand will not be what the high adm dealers are asking and that dudes who don't get allocations will get cars for less than they think.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm sorry you don't have a car, but you are either ill informed or purposely misrepresenting who I am.

The GT4 has no miles because I prefer driving my other cars and I rarely leave the house. It will sell at whatever the market dictates. If it doesn't sell, I'll gladly keep it. I like the colour.

I bought Chris Pfaff's personal Spyder above list and sold it at a large loss when I found I wasn't driving it after buying the pts one.

Flippers do it for the money. I have more than enough. I've lost millions 'flipping' cars, boats and airplanes over the last decade.
Some people just love to buy things simply because they can. It's about acquiring things, the hunt..... and then get bored PDQ.

Lots of people do this with cars on Rennlist... and it doesn't stop with cars.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

No. Within the last 2 weeks there was a Gt3 listed here at less than list + sales tax
(List + Tax) + Tax != List.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Allocations.