Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Congrats! It's an awesome machine.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:33 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

She looks awesome. Kevin is one of the best. Has done 2 of mine.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:53 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

New stats folks...

Canada is now up to 172 cars and almost 20% of what the U.S. receives. No Touring cars for Canada yet and of the 24 Paint to Sample only 3 are Canadian cars.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:13 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

All those cars and I still can't get an allocation.. This must be a sign from the big man above. lol
What strikes me as crazy is that I know of 5 people who flipped their RS or GT4 and they all received .2 GT3 allocations, yet guys who simply want to drive the snot out of these cars can't even get a reach around.
One SA, said that I could always buy used, so I explained to him that I'm a cash buyer, why would I spend $200k on a used car? He seemed perplexed so I had to further explain to him that most people with cash don't want used cars and I then asked him how many of those .1 cars have they sold in the past year?.. silence.

I figure I may as well save some cash for the next few months and just go over to Mclaren.. At least they are willing to take my money, even at a possible discount. MSO, without begging.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 175 Posts

I'm wondering whether they're serving up all the Canadian cars up front for some reason. It's a shot in the dark, but is it possible that changes to tariffs on European cars due to CETA starting to take effect might have any impact on these deliveries?

I know the tariff reduction is going to be phased in but I'm not entirely clear on when it starts. I'm wondering if there's any effort being made to keep all the cars the same price rather than spanning the beginning of the tariff reduction and making the later allocations cheaper.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:30 AM
max59
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
All those cars and I still can't get an allocation.. This must be a sign from the big man above. lol
What strikes me as crazy is that I know of 5 people who flipped their RS or GT4 and they all received .2 GT3 allocations, yet guys who simply want to drive the snot out of these cars can't even get a reach around.
One SA, said that I could always buy used, so I explained to him that I'm a cash buyer, why would I spend $200k on a used car? He seemed perplexed so I had to further explain to him that most people with cash don't want used cars and I then asked him how many of those .1 cars have they sold in the past year?.. silence.

I figure I may as well save some cash for the next few months and just go over to Mclaren.. At least they are willing to take my money, even at a possible discount. MSO, without begging.
I am in the same situation, didn't get the allocation. I just want to drive the car, this GT3 is all I want in a car, manual and NA, was told that I should buy more Porsche cars and maybe I will get a chance in future, but I don't want to buy something that I am not passionate about driving and who knows what the next GT3 will be. Oh well, I guess I will just keep my GT4.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:02 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, extremely frustrating and it upsets me. Even though I have friends who have "flipped", it still makes me uncomfortable.

Originally Posted by max59
I just want to drive the car, this GT3 is all I want in a car, manual and NA...
Same here. Financially it would have been a stretch, but the car is so exciting that I was willing to do it.

Put my deposit down, knowing it was a long shot, and got it refunded a few weeks ago. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the allotted .2 going forward. Just as interesting will be seeing what comes next from the GT group.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:25 PM
KurtN
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread for quite some time and finally I thought it would be nice to add to the conversation. It's unfortunate that not everyone was able to secure a GT3. From what my SA told me they got far less cars than what they were anticipating. My SA also hinted that a few more slots will trickle in sooner or later. So there is still hope for those who want one. From my personal experience I did not enjoy the selection process. It seemed to me like, individuals who had an in with management or spent stupid amounts of $$$ were almost guaranteed a car, and with such high demand and low volume dealerships only catered to those who fit their criteria. From what I gathered a lot of diehard Porshce enthusiasts on this forum didn't get one and that to me sucks because everyone reading this post are the biggest brand ambassadors.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:25 PM
shotor
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

One SA, said that I could always buy used, so I explained to him that I'm a cash buyer, why would I spend $200k on a used car? He seemed perplexed so I had to further explain to him that most people with cash don't want used cars ....
I'm in the same boat as you: On the list, none-flipper, cash buyer. But I don't understand why cash buyers wouldn't buy used? How does purchasing with financing change that?

The experience delta between McLaren and Porsche at the dealerships level at the moment is comical.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:02 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by shotor
I'm in the same boat as you: On the list, none-flipper, cash buyer. But I don't understand why cash buyers wouldn't buy used? How does purchasing with financing change that?

The experience delta between McLaren and Porsche at the dealerships level at the moment is comical.
My apologies for the blanket statement. They were simply the words I used when speaking with the SA.
My meaning was that I would never pay $200k +for a used sports car that retailed for equal or lesser value. If I am spending that amount of $$$$, I want to configure my own car and have it exactly the way I would have imagined it.
I"m not taking a consolation prize when talking about that amount of $$$$. I know I may be a minority in this camp nowadays, but I deserve better. (In my own mind, lol) Regardless I will never beg anyone or entity to take my hard earned money.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:44 PM
SupraSaiyan
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by shotor

I'm also in the same boat, but NO BC dealerships are even willing to take my cash deposit for a 991.2 GT3 or get on the list for future GT cars. I told them I'm a cash buyer and plan to drive/track the car, including my preference for Euro Delivery (this was before ED was halted).

The only way they put me on their list is if I had a GT car to trade in... and the only way for me to get a GT car is to buy used from them at their mark up. Like RealityGT, no way I'm paying a mark up for a used car not in the spec I want.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:58 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 324 Posts

why is a cash buyer any better than someone who is financing or leasing? in the latter case, porsche financial also makes $. is a cash buyer more attractive?
Old 12-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

dealers would rather you finance than pay cash...the dealership and the salesman make more money that way.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:19 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by moab
why is a cash buyer any better than someone who is financing or leasing? in the latter case, porsche financial also makes $. is a cash buyer more attractive?
I don't believe anyone said that they were any better, so unsure where you felt that was implied.
A cash buyer is one who does not require financing from an institution. A cash buyer is not held prisoner to interest rates or cheap $ loans. A cash buyer can buy regardless of the state of the economy.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:22 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Turbodan
dealers would rather you finance than pay cash...the dealership and the salesman make more money that way.
Does the dealer make any money when an individual obtains financing from their own lender or uses a LOC/HELOC to make the purchase?

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Allocations.