Notices

991.2 GT3 Allocations.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 06:39 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
I don't believe anyone said that they were any better, so unsure where you felt that was implied.
A cash buyer is one who does not require financing from an institution. A cash buyer is not held prisoner to interest rates or cheap $ loans. A cash buyer can buy regardless of the state of the economy.
My point was that a few people specifically indicated they were cash buyers. I just don't see that as relevant in terms of getting an allocation. Could just be another example of rennlist posters trying to show how much $$ they have (or think they have). Anywhooooo.... Maybe you'll find someone to take your briefcase of hard cash and the kvetching will stop.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:51 PM
destro
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Dealers are there to make money... From what I've seen, don't be surprised if you don't get an allocation unless you...
+ bought a new Porsche within the last 12 months, or have bought many Porsches from the dealer in the past
+ bought into the dealer ecosystem (get serviced, buy tires, but performance upgrades, buy paint protection film from the dealer), essentially are a repeat customer
+ trade in a GT car
+ are friendly with the owners and other higher-ups

I know 1 person waiting on a list who did most of those things and is likely not getting a car. But the 7 others I know of who are getting or got a 991.2 GT3s satisfy most of the criteria above.
If you flipped a car (buy a car, don't drive it at all, sell it for a profit), you will get blacklisted from PCNA. Trading it back to the dealer doesn't count.
And if you have cash, why don't you buy a 991 GT3 for 40k off 991.2 MSRP or a 991 GT3 RS for 20k more. If you want the latest greatest, gotta play the game.
Cash deal is a disincentive to the dealer cause you're likely not going to be a repeat customer.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 803 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
why is a cash buyer any better than someone who is financing or leasing? in the latter case, porsche financial also makes $. is a cash buyer more attractive?
Originally Posted by Turbodan
dealers would rather you finance than pay cash...the dealership and the salesman make more money that way.
This. There's always a little extra fudge per month.

Does the dealer make any money when an individual obtains financing from their own lender or uses a LOC/HELOC to make the purchase?
Just the vig on the deal.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Maitre_Absolut
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

My point was that a few people specifically indicated they were cash buyers. I just don't see that as relevant in terms of getting an allocation. Could just be another example of rennlist posters trying to show how much $$ they have (or think they have). Anywhooooo.... Maybe you'll find someone to take your briefcase of hard cash and the kvetching will stop.

The only time I've seen the same emphasis on "cash buyer" is when I get low-balled on kijiji
Old 12-06-2017, 08:13 PM
go-ran
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

^ totally agree.

Its tough to find a porsche dealer who will give you an allocation to such a high demand car unless your a repeat customer of many times. Maybe some people greased some of their sales reps and got an allocation. Either way if your a first time buyer its tough.

these arent small dealerships like they were15-20 years ago they have tp jeep the lights on month by month. A one time purchase isnt going to cut the butter.

biggest surprise was that it took Jamie this long to get an allocation. Hes been byying the brand forever. Congrats
Old 12-06-2017, 08:46 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 753 Posts

Does the dealer make any money when an individual obtains financing from their own lender or uses a LOC/HELOC to make the purchase?
No. Dealers make a bonus on securing finance deals. The bonus is paid out by the FI. It's not much money typically and requires the loan to be held for 3-6 months depending on the FI and dealer.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:17 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by go-ran

biggest surprise was that it took Jamie this long to get an allocation. Hes been byying the brand forever. Congrats
With all due respect to Jamie, I'm actually pretty surprised he got an allocation. Sure he's bought a lot of cars, but his PTS GT3 was sold to an American, and he flipped his PTS GT4 pretty quickly too. I know he's got a lot of choices in the garage, but the optics of it....

No hate here, just goes to show, the sermons from the dealers are BS, and if you got the money to play, you'll get a car.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:33 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

I assume you're an adult and can simply ignore those posts, so please feel free to do just that. Don't hate on others for having the ability to save $. I've busted my a$$ for the past 25 years and saved $ so that I can make these discretionary purchases. I don't bag on others for taking out loans, so not sure why it would bother you so much that others may not require or need them.
I have not read any posts in this thread where people are throwing some perceived wealth in others faces but if you feel that way, it's on you and not those of us who posted.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:50 AM
GarK
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
I’ve heard about the buyback from them but not the other conditions. They doing a good job of pissing off the other dealers, lol.

Congrats on getting a car.
Originally Posted by destro
Dealers are there to make money... From what I've seen, don't be surprised if you don't get an allocation unless you...
+ bought a new Porsche within the last 12 months, or have bought many Porsches from the dealer in the past
+ bought into the dealer ecosystem (get serviced, buy tires, but performance upgrades, buy paint protection film from the dealer), essentially are a repeat customer
+ trade in a GT car
+ are friendly with the owners and other higher-ups

I know 1 person waiting on a list who did most of those things and is likely not getting a car. But the 7 others I know of who are getting or got a 991.2 GT3s satisfy most of the criteria above.
If you flipped a car (buy a car, don't drive it at all, sell it for a profit), you will get blacklisted from PCNA. Trading it back to the dealer doesn't count.
And if you have cash, why don't you buy a 991 GT3 for 40k off 991.2 MSRP or a 991 GT3 RS for 20k more. If you want the latest greatest, gotta play the game.
Cash deal is a disincentive to the dealer cause you're likely not going to be a repeat customer.
You are spot on! .2 GT3 is my first Porsche but I listened to my friends (they are still waiting for their GT3s from Pfaff) and went to a new dealership, had a trade-in, got full exterior xpel protection and interior protection packages and I knew someone there. I placed my deposit back in spring and didn't get the confirmation on my allocation until July.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 175 Posts

I have not read any posts in this thread where people are throwing some perceived wealth in others faces but if you feel that way, it's on you and not those of us who posted.
Pfft!! I'm a total baller. Droppin' cash on this whip like it's nothin'!!

(Actually liquidating all available savings and taking a loan... )
Old 12-07-2017, 12:44 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 246 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Pfft!! I'm a total baller. Droppin' cash on this whip like it's nothin'!!

(Actually liquidating all available savings and taking a loan... )
Haha! You do you man!
Honestly happy for you and definitely looking forward to your track vids.. You looked fast in the your Boxster, I look forward to seeing what transpires with 500hp and a proper drive for the track,
Hopefully I can join you next season!
Old 12-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 803 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
With all due respect to Jamie, I'm actually pretty surprised he got an allocation. Sure he's bought a lot of cars, but his PTS GT3 was sold to an American, and he flipped his PTS GT4 pretty quickly too. I know he's got a lot of choices in the garage, but the optics of it....

No hate here, just goes to show, the sermons from the dealers are BS, and if you got the money to play, you'll get a car.
GT4, a year and a half is quickly?

And I still own it.

Edit: and don't forget the circa $3mm in cars I've bought from Mr. Policaro and his partner in the last few years and the $25k I've spent in service there in the last three years.

You've highlighted 2 cars out of about the more than 20 I have bought and sold in the last few years, almost all at a loss.

I'm a flipper only in the sense I have a short attention span.

Last edited by Jamie140; 12-07-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Haha! You do you man!
Honestly happy for you and definitely looking forward to your track vids.. You looked fast in the your Boxster, I look forward to seeing what transpires with 500hp and a proper drive for the track,
Hopefully I can join you next season!
I seriously hope so!!

I know there's lots of people waiting in the wings... but for me... there's two people I know of that are still waiting that I'm REALLY hoping land an allocation. You're one of them as I kinda feel like you've been through all this here with me from the beginning and I hope it ends well. The other is a friend IRL in the same boat. One of my little group of track rats.

Our little group seems to exist in a sort of bizarro-world in this respect. For anyone wondering how many of these cars actually see a race track... well... we've got at least 4 coming that I know of and I expect to see all of them out there burning up tires and brakes.

And yeah... I'm losing my mind with excitement and anticipation to find out what it feels like. I got to do some hot laps in a 918 this year as a passenger and the cornering grip was mind-bending. I've never been on track tires before. I can't wait to see what I can do with all that grip and extra power!!

Then again... I probably won't be sharing video of my first few days... as I'll probably be slow as molasses as I learn how to drive all over again with a rear engine and more grip and rear steering and what not.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:21 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I seriously hope so!!

I know there's lots of people waiting in the wings... but for me... there's two people I know of that are still waiting that I'm REALLY hoping land an allocation. You're one of them as I kinda feel like you've been through all this here with me from the beginning and I hope it ends well. The other is a friend IRL in the same boat. One of my little group of track rats.

Our little group seems to exist in a sort of bizarro-world in this respect. For anyone wondering how many of these cars actually see a race track... well... we've got at least 4 coming that I know of and I expect to see all of them out there burning up tires and brakes.

And yeah... I'm losing my mind with excitement and anticipation to find out what it feels like. I got to do some hot laps in a 918 this year as a passenger and the cornering grip was mind-bending. I've never been on track tires before. I can't wait to see what I can do with all that grip and extra power!!

Then again... I probably won't be sharing video of my first few days... as I'll probably be slow as molasses as I learn how to drive all over again with a rear engine and more grip and rear steering and what not.
What about me!?!? 😥
Old 12-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Originally Posted by SToronto
What about me!?!? 😥
Well crap. Why did I think you'd landed one??

Now might be a good time to mention that my brain suffers from it's own special sort of ADD and I easily lose track of who is who with forum aliases.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Allocations.