Notices

Brake rotor resurfacing

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 11:14 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 69gaugeman
Without a doubt CT FVCKED up!. No if and or but. How far you want to take it is up to you. As to the red seal mechanic, I have seen so much ****ty work out there as to be incredible. Changing brakes out ,with new parts is easy. Just changing what needs to be changed NEVER happens at CT. I had a safety done once and they said I need new rotors, pads, calipers, all the way around at a cost of 2500.00. I asked how thin the rotors were. He said he didn't measure them. HE DIDN'T MEASURE IT! When I called your "red seal society" They said that maybe it was a issue for consumer and corporate affairs. I have little to no faith in that system.
Its all a matter of liability, (and profits). Porsche dealers don't 'repair' anything - they replace. Your local non-dealer garages are just following along this path. For every 100 brake 'repairs' where the pads are changed out and the rotors found 'ok' - there will always be 10% of the consumers who come back with issues. Service Managers hate this. 'Just tell them they need a full brake service next time!'

Those 'free' brake inspections... Opportunity knocks!

What was the story someone told me about a UCR monthly held at DFC once where they did free brake inspections and someone was told they couldn't leave the lot as the brakes were unsafe? Turns out the rotors were within spec's but it was DFC's 'opinion' that they were 'too close'. That story was second hand but does show that you need to see the micrometer reading or your held hostage to an 'opinion'.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:59 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by Brake911
I tried for the first time Luk Schaffer brake rotors, and I must say they are amazing, especially for the price. I put them on my C4S 06, got Black XD Brake kit with premium carbon semi metallic pads. Braking is solid and crisp...will reo-order again
Only 4 posts and three of them the exact copy and pasted line in different forum advertising brake rotors ? you donthappen to sell Brake rotors do you brake911 ?
Old 05-22-2014, 03:04 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
Its all a matter of liability, (and profits). Porsche dealers don't 'repair' anything - they replace. Your local non-dealer garages are just following along this path. For every 100 brake 'repairs' where the pads are changed out and the rotors found 'ok' - there will always be 10% of the consumers who come back with issues. Service Managers hate this. 'Just tell them they need a full brake service next time!'

Those 'free' brake inspections... Opportunity knocks!

What was the story someone told me about a UCR monthly held at DFC once where they did free brake inspections and someone was told they couldn't leave the lot as the brakes were unsafe? Turns out the rotors were within spec's but it was DFC's 'opinion' that they were 'too close'. That story was second hand but does show that you need to see the micrometer reading or your held hostage to an 'opinion'.
totally unrelated but i love this story ...
i was in Northern Ontario ( timmins) one winter ( about -20 ) and a guy was pumping my gas .. ( ok was a while ago ) . he offered to check my oil for free so i popped the hood. He of course came back saying i was a quart low so asked if he should add one. I said sure .. reached in the back seat, wound down the window about 6 inches and handed him a quart .. lol
Old 05-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Only 4 posts and three of them the exact copy and pasted line in different forum advertising brake rotors ? you donthappen to sell Brake rotors do you brake911 ?
Yup, he's everywhere - this time with a Dodge. (eek!)
Old 05-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,076 Likes on 508 Posts

Got my money back for the front rotors they toasted. Owner of the store is a complete dick and sent me a very ignorant email. I didn't play into his hand and took the high road.

CT is dead to me.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 141 Likes on 70 Posts

^^ send a copy of the note directly to CTC corp HO and out the SOB. Then we will see where he tries to hide after they get in touch with him.....
Old 05-22-2014, 09:34 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,076 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Pags993
^^ send a copy of the note directly to CTC corp HO and out the SOB. Then we will see where he tries to hide after they get in touch with him.....
Way ahead of you. I'm also sending a list of how much money I had spent at the location. $980 just this year. Not on service but on car stuff and home junk.

Quick Reply: Brake rotor resurfacing