Notices

Vancouver track days

Old 10-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Soaringman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vancouver track days

Any one in Vancouver BC doing track days ?
wondering if they are still available or information on them
Old 10-03-2013, 02:16 AM
JGB
Instructor

Hi,
I've been doing track days this year for the first time. Track is out in the valley at Mission. I wouldn't call it a great track but it's all we've got. Nine turns, flat and a fair bit of concrete.
Another track is the Ridge south of Seattle. I plan on doing some days there next year.
Track days are put on by a variety of groups :
PCA Canada Western Region does one or two a year. I haven't been to one of theirs yet.

BMWCCBC.org puts on 4-5 a year. They use a company called Driving Unlimited for organization and coaches. Only have 30 cars a day. They want you to attend a "car control" class at the Pitt Meadows skid pad before you can do a track day with them. Next day is Oct 19 and has a few spots left.

SCCBC does a 2 day weekend course that lets you apply for novice race license. Not exactly DE but good coaching.

UBC Car Club. Puts on 2-3 a year. Pretty casual.

VCMC.ca puts on 2-3. I haven't done one with them yet.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:21 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JGB
Hi,
I've been doing track days this year for the first time. Track is out in the valley at Mission. I wouldn't call it a great track but it's all we've got. Nine turns, flat and a fair bit of concrete.
Another track is the Ridge south of Seattle. I plan on doing some days there next year.
Track days are put on by a variety of groups :
PCA Canada Western Region does one or two a year. I haven't been to one of theirs yet.

BMWCCBC.org puts on 4-5 a year. They use a company called Driving Unlimited for organization and coaches. Only have 30 cars a day. They want you to attend a "car control" class at the Pitt Meadows skid pad before you can do a track day with them. Next day is Oct 19 and has a few spots left.

SCCBC does a 2 day weekend course that lets you apply for novice race license. Not exactly DE but good coaching.

UBC Car Club. Puts on 2-3 a year. Pretty casual.

VCMC.ca puts on 2-3. I haven't done one with them yet.
Good to know. I just moved to the area and was pretty serious about it back in Ontario.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:55 AM
Soaringman
Racer

Ya thanks, I am also interested
Old 10-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

I guess you guys are looking forward to the track that Trever Siebert and Jacques Villeneuve are building in the interior? (Although it sounds like a country club (membership) - maybe they will do 'rentals'.?)
Old 10-03-2013, 01:53 PM
JGB
Instructor

I just read about the proposed track near Osoyoos / Oliver.
Definitely a "country club" setup, they're looking for 30 investors at $30k a pop before moving forward.
Being done on First Nations land so that gets around a lot of the approval issues. Osoyoos is a summer vacation destination so lots of hotels etc.
Gets very hot in the summer mid 30s C.
About 4-5 hours out of Vancouver prob more than 8 from Calgary.

Charlie: if you've been running Mosport and Mt Tremblant I'm afraid you might not be too impressed with Mission. I'm still a rookie at this so anything is a challenge but lap times are in the mid 1:20 range and there is little to no elevation change. In the Seattle area there is Pacific International Raceway as well as the Ridge. PIR is an older multipurpose facility (ie the from straight is also the drag strip). The Seattle PCA (http://www.pnwr.org/) region run at both PIR and the Ridge. The only issue for me is that they require you attend a classroom sesion before they'll let you run with them. I'm going to check and see if they offer the class room session online.

Further south there is Portland Raceway and Oregon Raceway Park. After that we get into the northern California tracks.

BTW another group that does track days at Mission is http://www.performancedriversclub.org/. They often share with PCA and other groups. Also I forgot to mention SCCBC often offers lapping sessions on race weekends.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:06 AM
MTB
Racer

Mission, PR & PIR have noise limit. Believe they are around 95db. Ridge is a great track and no noise limit. There are lesser and lesser lappers doing trackdays with PCA, BMW of Alfa. Due to the fact that all these clubs have min 4 run groups, 20 min x4 or 5 sessions and newbies needed to take classroom session.

Tom from Turn 2 hosted great events at Ridge, ORP & PR. We are talking 30min x 6 to 8 sessions per day. As long as you signed off for solo, he will let you run novice group. Believe there are instructors available if you need help.

There are 3 upcoming events at Ridge in Oct.

http://www.turn2lapping.com/
Old 10-04-2013, 02:26 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are a member of PCA then all of the track events that they do at the Ridge and at Kent are available to you also. PCA in Seattle does a number of events each year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vancouver track days