Notices

need help - my 2007 white GT3 - stolen

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

Good luck man.... nasty story hopefully with a happy ending for the car at least back in your hands! Looks like you are doing the right things with a lot of support...

Jax
Old 06-04-2013, 06:49 AM
DTMT
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about the car. You are a customer of mine and I know how particular you are about that car. I will keep my eyes and ears open.
Hire a private investigator and have her followed until the car turns. Something's gotta give. If the investigator finds the car, don't seize it right away. Confiscate the ownership and have it transferred and sneak it back into the vehicle and take it back.
I know the ownership needs to be signed over, but I am hoping you may have an answer for that.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:16 AM
DTMT
7th Gear

Originally Posted by 997gt3north
this is a crazy one

my ex, well almost, in 1 week she will be my ex, stole my white 2007 GT3 with RS wing

the serial number is

WP0AC29997S792172

she showed up at dealership and they gave her the car - it is now gone

i am pretty sure she is going to try and sell it - i am legally trying to stop this asap but I may not have time if she sells it quickly and it disappears

i know the car is not at Downtown Fine Cars is Toronto and I have called Pfaff to alert them

i'm thinking somehow she is going to go to some small place and unload it

who ever it is is going to be inheriting a mess as they will be buying a car that she doesn't legally own - even though she appears to as has her name on the Ontario ownership - but legally she does not own the car - I do

if anyone has any leeds on where the car is - likely somewhere in Toronto can you please contact me

thank you

Paul O'Neil
mail@pauloneil.com

See if you could also get a hold of her cell phone records from a couple months before the car went missing and after. I think you can still obtain that information from the cell phone provider if you are still the spouse.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:31 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,142 Likes on 816 Posts

Although i dont pay attention to these types of threads and think personal stuff should stay personal , i do find this thread absolutely fascinating .. im pulling for ya ..
Old 06-04-2013, 11:30 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Paul, good luck, hope you find it fast.

My buddy's motorcycle rusted through over a 5 year divorce period because the bitch left it outside and put salt over it regularly. Hope your lawyers are better than his.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMT
Sorry about the car. You are a customer of mine and I know how particular you are about that car. I will keep my eyes and ears open.
Hire a private investigator and have her followed until the car turns. Something's gotta give. If the investigator finds the car, don't seize it right away. Confiscate the ownership and have it transferred and sneak it back into the vehicle and take it back.
I know the ownership needs to be signed over, but I am hoping you may have an answer for that.
Exactly, it's only $10 to print a lost ownership. I can tell you that not all offices will print it for you, but one will. Just go close to closing time when they just want to go home. Say it's your wife's car and her purse was stolen but she is at work. Your I'd will match last names and address. Shouldn't be an issue. From there the rest is easy. Your not breaking he law in anyway simply replacing a lost ownership.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:32 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,142 Likes on 816 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
Exactly, it's only $10 to print a lost ownership. I can tell you that not all offices will print it for you, but one will. Just go close to closing time when they just want to go home. Say it's your wife's car and her purse was stolen but she is at work. Your I'd will match last names and address. Shouldn't be an issue. From there the rest is easy. Your not breaking he law in anyway simply replacing a lost ownership.
hmmm as the car is in her name not his. i think he is actually breaking the law and can be charged with fraud and theft. be very careful here and think like a lawyer.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

I've got a replacement ownershop for a peoject car that wasn't even on my name. The suggestion came from the lady at the Services Ontario. $10 later I had an ownership. So yup iy's 100% possible, just like Adam said.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:34 AM
BT ZR1
Racer

the car is in her name - so the advice about confiscating the ownership is bad. You have registered a security interest against the car. If you find the car, call the police show them your PPSA and then drive the car away.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:05 AM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Time is not on your side, but do you think that you would get charged with theft of the car if you "stole it back".

Id explore two channels - the legal one posed by those above but I would also get a PI and maybe a hire a repo team once the car is found.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

The repo team can't steal a car for you. If she "owns" it free and clear (no leans) then I think it would need a court order to get is repoed.

I would take a few days off work and follow her to see if it turns up the car and then make my own plans to get it back. If it's illegal, don't post it.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

There aren't really repo "teams" around Ontario. Some tow companies will do repos with the proper documentation. Aside from that, you're looking at a bailiff, who won't do anything without a court order. Best bet is to find a tow truck owner/operator that will do repos (just start calling around). You'll need a letter of authorization explaining the situation, and indemnifying the driver, plus a copy of the lien registration. You'll need to know where the car is - they don't have access to anything special that you or I don't, and you don't want to be paying them to drive all over the city checking various residences, parking garages, workplaces, etc. Remember too that the most parking garages (especially residential) will not allow a repo truck in, even with the appropriate documentation.

Once the car is somewhere safe, call the police (not 911) and explain it's been repossessed, because once she sees the car is missing she'll likely call the police to report it stolen. From that point on, unless the police smell a fish, they won't get involved because it's a civil matter. Make sure you explain to the police that you can show you have rightful ownership of the vehicle, even if it's not titled in your name, i.e. cashed cheque to purchase car/down payment, bank statements showing withdrawal of payments, paperwork signed at dealership by you, etc. If you don't have any of these, or if it's a joint account, papers are co-signed, or worse yet, signed by her alone, don't try to repossess the car, because the police will almost for sure consider that theft, as she can prove ownership as much, if not more, than you. Leave the lien in place and let the lawyers work it out, with your fingers crossed.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
hmmm as the car is in her name not his. i think he is actually breaking the law and can be charged with fraud and theft. be very careful here and think like a lawyer.
There is nothing illegal with replacing the ownership. Husbands and wife's do it all the time. Trust me.

But like Imre said, anything else should not be left off the forum.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Reprinting the title is perfectly acceptable, by also completely useless. Having the actual green piece of paper doesn't mean anything. Transferring the title without proper documentation is very illegal - basically theft.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:38 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 304 Likes on 208 Posts

Playing the devils advocate here .....there is always 2 sides to every story.
Just saying .........

Quick Reply: need help - my 2007 white GT3 - stolen