Notices

GT1 block coolant fittings for DE

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Unfortunately it's not the guy who drops the fluid that will risk totalling his car ... it's the people following him ...
His warranty might cover the replacement/repair of the hose or whatever fitting comes loose, but as we already know if you plant your car in the wall due to the "other guy's " leak,you're on your own and your season is done and your car is most likely a write off !
It's happened to too many people already ...

Jusyt sayin ...

Cheers !
Phil
Old 02-08-2013, 02:27 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by wildcat077
Unfortunately it's not the guy who drops the fluid that will risk totalling his car ... it's the people following him ...
His warranty might cover the replacement/repair of the hose or whatever fitting comes loose, but as we already know if you plant your car in the wall due to the "other guy's " leak,you're on your own and your season is done and your car is most likely a write off !
It's happened to too many people already ...

Jusyt sayin ...

Cheers !
Phil
Another reason to have air-cooled track days
Old 02-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Murphy's Law
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Another reason to have air-cooled track days
You guys would miss us! LOL!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Murphy's Law
You guys would miss us! LOL!
Like a toothache.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:04 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

So I ask about running water wetter in my 996 Turbo in the Turbo forum and it seems. It will cause more problems and I should stay away from it.

From this post I am now afraid of it, I don't know how UCR could ever tell us to run it and then have our the coolings system conprised and have real big problems with expensive labour bills that will come up eventually using it.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Ernie J
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jumper, there no metal to RUST out in the porsche cars. Water Wetter is designed to lubricate the water pump seal which is the only thing that needs lubing. The water wetter is design also to improve heat transfer to the water in the system. It changes the surface tension of water, it helps reduce the little air bubbles which form in boiling water. Ever watch water boil ? Water wetter reduces/elimnates the little bubbles, they reduce heat transfer to the water. We ,who race have use watter wetter or other products which do the same thing. Also when you have coolant leak/spill its not as slippery. All race organizations require no antifreeze in the cooling systems. So ,its actually better for your car. Hope this explains ,how and why it works.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Ernie J
Jumper, there no metal to RUST out in the porsche cars. Water Wetter is designed to lubricate the water pump seal which is the only thing that needs lubing. The water wetter is design also to improve heat transfer to the water in the system. It changes the surface tension of water, it helps reduce the little air bubbles which form in boiling water. Ever watch water boil ? Water wetter reduces/elimnates the little bubbles, they reduce heat transfer to the water. We ,who race have use watter wetter or other products which do the same thing. Also when you have coolant leak/spill its not as slippery. All race organizations require no antifreeze in the cooling systems. So ,its actually better for your car. Hope this explains ,how and why it works.
Thanks.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

WaterWetter tech info:

http://www.redlineoil.com/content/fi...ech%20Info.pdf

This peaked my curiosity:

Even in
summertime, the use of air-conditioning can blow
freezing air through the heater and cause freezing of
the heater core unless approximately 20% antifreeze
is used.
I'll be switching to water this year. An added benefit is the motivation to flush the system more often. Since I won't have to worry about collecting and disposing coolant, it'll make the whole process much easier.

Quick Reply: GT1 block coolant fittings for DE