Notices

GTA Tire shop scratched my car!! $1300 damage!! WTF need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Steve Martin
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Pfaff in Newmaket last year for my fender, and will use them for anything in the future. All round service was the best. Even sourced me a Camaro SS as a replacment for the week.

Nothing but good things to say about them. Was also a recommendatrion from the 'Parking Master' Zookie. Total bill for the repair was about 1600-1800. link to fender shots:

https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...tting-gas.html
Old 04-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Frontside720
Advanced

Originally Posted by Caligari
Go see Jimmy at Autotrin Collision & Auto Body - 777 Warden Ave #16. He did some GREAT work on my M3 and Vette.
Went to see Jimmy today.

He thinks he can buff it out good enough where there will only be a couple small "livable" marks for $40. If OCD kicks in he can repaint for $500.

Thanks for the advice!!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 PM
atr911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just want to offer my 2 cents.

Sometimes things happen while a car is in for service no matter now careful they may be. I'd probably give these boys the opportunity to make it right and maybe save their reputation in your eyes. In cases like this, unless I was positive I had done the damage I wouldn't admit fault but I would tell you that I'd give you the benefit of the doubt and work something out with you. I'd surely pay the $40 to have a professional detail shop attempt to repair the clear coat and probably offer to split the cost of the respray if the outcome of the polish wasn't acceptable. Again, this is assuming neither of us could prove it happened as a result of out negligence. If I knew we did it, I'd have brought it to your attention and made you comfortable that we'd be fixing the problem.

We get a few people every year that suggest that we stole their GPS or scratched their cars/wheels and I don't think that I've ever completely hung them out to dry despite being almost certain that it wasn't us 90% of the time. Sometimes it just isn't worth the bad press to not try and do SOMETHING for a customer who genuinely believes we wronged them.

To be honest, I haven't the slightest what could have caused that damage though. I'm sorry your baby's been marred. As a side note, comprehensive insurance rarely affects your premiums unless you're abusing it. Good luck! Don't cheap out on body work, it's an art form and time = good work = money
Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zookie
i would just sand it and Polish it to look better, no point for a $1400 Re-Spray... Put a Band-Aid over it...
+1 on this. Repaint is never as good.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:08 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

+1 on that. My A8 had a serious issue and when I got it back noticed a door ding. I brought it too their attention and they made it good even though it cost a respray of the whole side of the car. The guy said it was in my shop so i own the problem.

Originally Posted by atr911
Just want to offer my 2 cents.

Sometimes things happen while a car is in for service no matter now careful they may be. I'd probably give these boys the opportunity to make it right and maybe save their reputation in your eyes. In cases like this, unless I was positive I had done the damage I wouldn't admit fault but I would tell you that I'd give you the benefit of the doubt and work something out with you. I'd surely pay the $40 to have a professional detail shop attempt to repair the clear coat and probably offer to split the cost of the respray if the outcome of the polish wasn't acceptable. Again, this is assuming neither of us could prove it happened as a result of out negligence. If I knew we did it, I'd have brought it to your attention and made you comfortable that we'd be fixing the problem.

We get a few people every year that suggest that we stole their GPS or scratched their cars/wheels and I don't think that I've ever completely hung them out to dry despite being almost certain that it wasn't us 90% of the time. Sometimes it just isn't worth the bad press to not try and do SOMETHING for a customer who genuinely believes we wronged them.

To be honest, I haven't the slightest what could have caused that damage though. I'm sorry your baby's been marred. As a side note, comprehensive insurance rarely affects your premiums unless you're abusing it. Good luck! Don't cheap out on body work, it's an art form and time = good work = money
Old 05-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Caligari
Intermediate

Glad you went to see Jimmy he really is great and incredibly inexpensive.
Cheers.

Quick Reply: GTA Tire shop scratched my car!! $1300 damage!! WTF need some advice...