Notices

Halton Police, ford fusion

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Adamant1971
Rennlist Member

Received 1,076 Likes on 508 Posts
Default Halton Police, ford fusion

Spotted in Burlungton, 2010 gold ford fusion in marked. Watch your self out there.

I only noticed him because he chased after a cruiser through a lite, then circled back and ended up beside me again. I gave him a thumbs up for their idiot driving.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamant1971
I gave him a thumbs up for their idiot driving.
They are all idiots...
Old 04-29-2012, 01:40 AM
comatb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I have passed it on and I will keep my eyes open too as I'm in Burlington.

Bill
Old 04-29-2012, 11:30 AM
GreatWhiteNorth
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SPOTTED!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:03 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw an interesting Peel Regional cruiser today after the GTG, it's a white Chevy Malibu, the reflective lettering on the side is very light color silver so it almost blends in with the white paint but still plainly legible.

The aspect that stood out was two horizontal enclosures on the top of the car where external light bar would normally be installed, I would estimate each enclosure to be 2' wide by 1' deep and 3-4" tall, the two enclosures are installed side by side, each aimming slightly outwards and downwards.

This cruiser was sitting at the left turn lane perpendicular to where I was stopped, I didn't want to take out my cellphone camera to snap an image at the risk of getting a ticket for using electronic handheld device.

The best I can figure is the automatic license plate scanning/recognition system, anyone seen similar vehicle elsewhere?
Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography
I saw an interesting Peel Regional cruiser today after the GTG, it's a white Chevy Malibu, the reflective lettering on the side is very light color silver so it almost blends in with the white paint but still plainly legible.

The aspect that stood out was two horizontal enclosures on the top of the car where external light bar would normally be installed, I would estimate each enclosure to be 2' wide by 1' deep and 3-4" tall, the two enclosures are installed side by side, each aimming slightly outwards and downwards.

This cruiser was sitting at the left turn lane perpendicular to where I was stopped, I didn't want to take out my cellphone camera to snap an image at the risk of getting a ticket for using electronic handheld device.

The best I can figure is the automatic license plate scanning/recognition system, anyone seen similar vehicle elsewhere?
Toronto Police Service (Parking Enforcement) has a "cruiser" with auto license plate scanning on both sides of the vehicle.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 AM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

@aviography - To the best of my knowledge, it scans plates of parked cars looking for stolen vehicles.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:58 AM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

The cost of the plate readers have come way down and efficiency has gone way up. They are on auto control and read all plates whether statuary or not. In Halton also watch out for a white F150 with a cargo cap. The stealthiest though is an older model (2005) blue dodge mini van with no markings but lights up like a christmas tree.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

When I was commuting to london last year I occasionally saw a silver unmarked Montana stopping people.

Quick Reply: Halton Police, ford fusion