Notices

Ideas on Second Car for Wife

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 537 Posts

If your wife just can't do the minivan thing anymore (my wife did it for 5 years and "paid her dues" ). Seriously check out the Honda Pilot. It is as close as you can get to an Odyssey for an SUV. Access to the 3rd row is not bad at all as the seat slides forward and seating in the 3rd row is quite comfortable. I agree with the others though, it sounds like you need a Van!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:24 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got an Odyssey. Impressive handling for a minivan, I think best in the market.
For all the sound equipment I carry, the Odyssey was my best choice.

I use to have a Chrysler, and I am done with the big 3. They disintegrate too fast
after 6 to 8 years. No more Ford, GM or Chrysler for me.

I picked it up last week, after driving many Toyota Sienas, and many Odysseys back to back.
Now I understand why the Odyssey retains such high resale value, and is considered
by many the number 1 minivan in the market.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Odyssey is the best of the bunch. We have an 07 Ody and love it....just can't seem to get another car into the garage that can do what the Ody can.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:17 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

We traded our Sienna for a Mazda CX9 and it is a great car much more fun to drive then the van but...not nearly as much room for kids or stuff and it sucks gas like crazy. I have 3 kids and find it a tight squeeze when heading out for a ski day. I will probably look at the odyssey or the town and country next year when the lease is up on the Mazda.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Compare the T&C to the Caravan first - the difference are very very little, unless you're going to load the T&C with options that aren't available on the Caravan.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:47 PM
vipola
Racer

Originally Posted by JDSStudios
I just got an Odyssey. Impressive handling for a minivan, I think best in the market.
For all the sound equipment I carry, the Odyssey was my best choice.
I had the chance to be in an Odyssey driven by an Instructor on Le Circuit (Mont Tremblant).. and yes.. that thing Handle pretty well !

Quick Reply: Ideas on Second Car for Wife