Notices

2010 Forza 3 - ALMS / ELMS ... Race Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 03:02 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
His car was badly damaged in the front and he decided to give pack her in. He was only turning 2:08's and that car is able to run 2:01's

I don't know about tuning off damage since we could then bump people off with no consequences.
Bumping and Damage is something I have been thinking a lot about lately ...

One thing I have noticed is that if you are bumped ... your car generally ends up with more damage that the guy that bumps you ... take this video as an example ...

I suffered no damage, but Steve's car was totalled.

So if we leave damage at 'Cosmetic' ... at least Steve would still be able to finish the race ... with a car that would still be competitive.

Since we are "Gentlemen Racers" ... I would then assess myself a Pit-Stop Penelty (Because I bumped Steve on purpose) ... which I would have to serve the next time I pass the Pit-Lane Entrance.

If both racers are bumping for position ... and one guy get's it a little worse ... then no foul.

If a guy has a crash / wipeout ... and re-enters the track in an unsafe fashion, and causes another accident ... then he would be Penalized with a Pit-Lane Stop and Go penelty.

I there is debate during the race, and the guys cannot come up with a solution during the race ... then finish the race ... save the replay ... a racer not involved with the incident should review the replay ... and could make a video of the incident, and send a copy to the ALMS Race Co-Ordinator (me :lol I'll review it, and may choose to impose penelties after the fact. If I'm involved, then I'll defer to Greg's decision (assistant ALMS Race Co-Ordinator :lol If one or both of us are not racing that day ... then each group GT1 / GT2 should decide on who would be the race referees.

How does this sound guys?

Mark
Old 01-10-2010, 03:41 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Sounds ok to me though no tire wear of having the need to refuel kinda sucks.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:14 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Yeah, I miss the fuel and tire strategy being part of the race. Now there is no cause and effect if you abuse your tires and brakes so you don't have to drive with any finesse.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Granger968
Rennlist Member

I don't mind no damage, but other than that, let's keep it as realistic as possible. I'm with pongobaz regarding fuel and tire wear.

And whoever is hosting the race should be forcing TCS, ABS and all those other 3-letter acronyms off. Half of the art is in modulating both pedals. If my braking is better than the guy in front of me, I would like to be rewarded with a position, rather than have the computer fix his booboo...

I didn't quite get my fix this morning. Not enough action. I can only imagine how boring it was for jumper in front...
Old 01-11-2010, 01:18 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Granger968
I don't mind no damage, but other than that, let's keep it as realistic as possible. I'm with pongobaz regarding fuel and tire wear.

And whoever is hosting the race should be forcing TCS, ABS and all those other 3-letter acronyms off. Half of the art is in modulating both pedals. If my braking is better than the guy in front of me, I would like to be rewarded with a position, rather than have the computer fix his booboo...

I didn't quite get my fix this morning. Not enough action. I can only imagine how boring it was for jumper in front...
I agree but the majority of people have grown accustomed to running with assists on and are against forcing it off.

I tried with it on yesterday and ran some laps. I am so accustomed to running with out it that I noticed that it's just not an advantage, it's a huge advantage when it comes to racing.
TCS helps right off the start line were the tires are spinning, with it on you don't have to do a thing just press the gas pedal to the floor and no modulation of the throttle or skill is required at all.
It prevents you from spinning out if a tire hits a curb basically you can drive full throttle in spots like curbs, bumps or and the top of a hill where normally you have to lift without TCS.
It's easier to drive consistently with it because it prevents the car from getting loose and allows you to stay on full throttle.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:50 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

I agree but the majority of people have grown accustomed to running with assists on and are against forcing it off.

I tried with it on yesterday and ran some laps. I am so accustomed to running with out it that I noticed that it's just not an advantage, it's a huge advantage when it comes to racing.
TCS helps right off the start line were the tires are spinning, with it on you don't have to do a thing just press the gas pedal to the floor and no modulation of the throttle or skill is required at all.
It prevents you from spinning out if a tire hits a curb basically you can drive full throttle in spots like curbs, bumps or and the top of a hill where normally you have to lift without TCS.
It's easier to drive consistently with it because it prevents the car from getting loose and allows you to stay on full throttle.
My vote is for no TCS or ABS. Damage simulation on. Cockpit view. And manual shifting (unless you have a good excuse).
Old 01-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Granger968
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pongobaz
My vote is for no TCS or ABS. Damage simulation on. Cockpit view. And manual shifting (unless you have a good excuse).
Amen!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:35 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Sunset DNF for me.
Tires not even warmed up, begining of lap 3, drove over a curb and the car rolled.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:47 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Armycop
Granger and I battled it out for the lead over 30 laps; the #09 Corvette had the horsepower on the straights, but at lap 38 Granger took the lead, never to look back. The superior cornering of the Porsche GTR's was the winning factor for today's GT1 race. Early on, GBlouin looked to have the race win locked in, but a miscue inside the 3-4 chicane resulted in pieces of Porsche all over the track. The resulting carnage collected Andy in his #31 Corvette. Armycop and Granger were far enough behind to safely negotiate the twisted heaps of cars, and continued to race. An unfortunate day for both Greg and Andy, for they were setting up for a spectacular 1-2 battle.

Great job Granger, way to keep the team points coming.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:03 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Congrats JP!
My race sucked. The GT3 RSR is simply out matched in the speed vs the Z06; I lead for awhile but it was futile. Also in our series I think I'm the only one running no assists. My car was way faster in the corners and could out brake the 'vettes, but I got bumped and spun several times in those corners when battling for position.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:30 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Congrats JP!
My race sucked. The GT3 RSR is simply out matched in the speed vs the Z06; I lead for awhile but it was futile. Also in our series I think I'm the only one running no assists. My car was way faster in the corners and could out brake the 'vettes, but I got bumped and spun several times in those corners when battling for position.
Download my RS tune, has a better top speed then the RSR
Old 01-17-2010, 01:33 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Got to get Eshel into this season, for some more Porsche representation.

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
GT2 Race was a very good battle ... Brad took over first place, and never gave it back....

Old 01-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Granger968
Rennlist Member

Great job Granger, way to keep the team points coming.

This race was more fun than last weekend's for sure. ArmyCop and myself were within 150m for the whole race. It was a classic Vette vs. Porsche situation in that he was getting about 100m on me on the straight, and I was catching up the same distance in the infield. He was actually starting to take some distance from me around lap 20-22, at which point I decided to pit and get fresh tires. He pitted 3-4 laps later, and when he came out just in front of me. The pit strategy somehow worked out for me to close-in, but it took another 10-15 laps before I was able to pass.

About Greg's flip, I think I was actually second when that happened. I avoided his car (which was standing on its side!!!) but I nudged the wall on the other side (nothing major). Then I heard the radio go wild as the 2 Vettes obviously weren't as lucky avoiding the frog (green GT3 RS). I could be wrong and don't have the file to review the replay, but that is my recollection of events...
Old 01-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Granger968
Rennlist Member

Congrats JP!
Since the Vette's were running TCS, Greg suggested we do too. It makes the car very easy to drive to be honest, you can go wild with your right foot... It's actually a bigger advantages for the Vettes I think since they have 1,000,000HP to put to the ground...

So I think my philosophy now will be to use TCS if my competitors do, but I prefer without...
Old 01-17-2010, 02:23 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

You guys still did,'t see my paint. Man that really sucks.

Quick Reply: 2010 Forza 3 - ALMS / ELMS ... Race Schedule