Notices

Forza 3 - 2009 / 2010 Race Season - Corvette Vs Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:03 AM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forza 3 - 2009 / 2010 Race Season - Corvette Vs Porsche

Well the leaves are turning Red and Orange up here in the Great White North ... Which means it's time to dust off your XBox 360, Force Feedback Steering Wheel, and get your copy of Forza Motorsport 3, because it's time to kick off our 2009 - 2010 Sunday Morning Racing League! :thumbs:

Your cousins over at the Corvette Forum are getting ready to join in on the racing, and the smack talk! :lol:

If you are interested in participating ... make sure you have an XBox Live account all set up ... and just post to this thread your Name, and your XBox Live Gamer Tag.

Next, make sure that if your XBox is connecting to the internet through a router, make sure that it is set up correctly, so that you can join games ... test it out before Sunday morning ... and add me, and as many of the other guys listed below, as friends on your XBox account ... when you log on, then you will be invited to join the game.

So, it looks like our first official race weekend with Sunday, November 15th ... which gives us time to get use to the new game, tracks, and cars ... so how are the Porsche's in game, comparing to the real world cars? Better or worse than FM2? I'm finding that the FM3 Z06 Corvette is now much closer in handling to it's real world counterpart.

Car Classes that we will race are not as cut and dry as last year, we basically ran street versions of the cars, modded to be equal class & points ... or we ran R4 cars, which were the SPEED World Challenge cars.

In looking at the FM3 cars ... the Z06 and the 911 GT2 (997) match up in class and level (A 590) ... the ZR1 (S 638) matches up close to the Carrera GT (S 640) ... but once we get into the race cars, then there is some issues ... The R3 Corvette's are the same as the FM2 R4 SPEED World Challenge Cars ... but the R3 Porche's are ALMS GT2 cars ... the only two cars that really match up in the R3 category would be:

#31 Whelen Engineering Corvette Z06 vs. #31 Petersen - White Lightning 911 GT3-RSR ... both are R3 713 ... but when you look at the individual stat's. ... there is a bit of a difference.

Whelen vs. Petersen
Speed 7.0 7.5
Handling 6.7 7.0
Acceleration 7.8 7.8
Launch 7.1 7.7
Braking 6.6 6.4

So unless FM3 can get the C6.RGT (the new GT2 Corvette) designed, and into the Forza marketplace ... the racing may not be very even / competitive in the R3 Category.

Last Seasons Racers:

Real Name - CF/RL Name - XBox Gamer Tag

CF = Corvette Forum
RL = Rennlist

Mark - CF - CDN_Wolf_eh - CDN Wolf eh - #66
Claus - CF - csurfer - C6SUMMER - #24
Peter - CF -DigitalZ - DigitalPZ - #14
James - CF - Armycop - armycoptoo -
Andy - CF - 02QSZ06 - GLR Lister 29 - #206
Jon - CF - Jon04CTSV - Jon04CTSV - #39 *** NEW GUY! ***
Ray - CF - FFIN99 - fireman2835 - #33 *** NEW GUY! ***
Will - CF - nassaubluecoupe - Sniper1208 - #10 *** NEW GUY! ***
Chris - CF - Z06_BluByU - KAYEARC - #3 *** NEW GUY! ***
Larry - CF - SamsonZ06 - samson z06 - #2 *** NEW GUY! ***

Greg - RL - Jumper5836 - G Blouin - #1
Phil - RL - pongobaz - pongobaz - #20
Chris - RL - Christanza - Sneaky Swede
J.P. - RL - Granger968 - Granger968 - #12 *** NEW GUY! ***
Brad - RL - cleanme - cleanme - #44 *** NEW GUY! ***

Last edited by CDN_Wolf_eh; 11-05-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 AM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

OK ... I updated the Racer List from last year ... I deleted some of the guys that said they were going to race, but either never did, or were very inconsistent.

If you are interested in racing this year ... post your XBox Live Gamer Tag.

Also for the returning veterans ... give us your feed back on what you would like to see this season. We could plan an entire season for tracks, and car set-ups ... I enjoyed the street car races when we could paint our cars up ... and then tweek them to our skill levels.

We also ended up going to a two class format last year, with the better drivers in GT1 and the less better drivers in GT2 :lol:

Maybe our first race could be a spec. race ... we could all drive exactly the same car ... no mods ... on 3 - 4 tracks ... then analyze the results (Fastest Lap ... Average Lap ... Lap Varience) ... and then rate the drivers ... and classify them ... then depending on how the season unfolds ... the top driver from GT2 moves up to GT1, and the lowest driver in GT1 moves down to GT2 ... and see how they compete between the two classes.

Since we are still limited to 8 cars in a race, and if our Race Series keeps gaining popularity, there may be races were we have to split off, and run just a GT1 and GT2 race ... so no one has to sit on the sidelines.

Share your thoughts!

Mark
Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 AM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

Another fun thing I think we could adopt is a numbering format on our street cars ... so when ever you paint up your car, you put your unique number on to it ... then when we are posting video or pictures, it will be very clear who is who, who is doing what to who, and who needs to call their insurance adjuster :lol:

Old 11-02-2009, 01:56 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

All the race cars car now be upgraded and painted so if a P-car is to high you can upgrade the C-car to the same level.

Corvette and Porsche now have R2

I think just running everyone at the same level is good. I know I could run say 3 classes down from some people and still win the race based on doing very fast laptimes for the car while other people at the same skill level that can do my laptimes don't have the consistently.

Consistency is not easy I have in the past had wheel problems and ended up in the wall and had to deal with it. You never know what can happen in a race.

I've found that production cars can be upgraded into R3 and even R1 now. And they are better then the Race cars. I kinda think that is bad and unfair. the Ferrari Fxx can dominate any Race class car in Fm3 now.

All I am saying is FM3 is a totally new game, I don't have the knowledge to balance it out and probably wont because I wont be spending that much time playing it.

Last edited by jumper5836; 11-02-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Granger968
Rennlist Member

I'm in

J.P. - RL - Granger968 - Granger968
Old 11-02-2009, 09:15 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

I better go and get F3 today and building up my career!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

I think i'm gonna buy another Xbox360 and get in on this.
Are you guys going to race with the clutch button on?
Old 11-02-2009, 11:30 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
Nah, the xbox wheel only has floppy gear paddles and I think I am the only person that has a Fanatec wheel coming that will have 6 speed shifters and clutch.

My xbox wheel will soon be retired. Fanatec should arrive this week or next.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:51 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

Originally Posted by pongobaz
I better go and get F3 today and building up my career!
You better Phil ... I would not be the same without you out there on the track!

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
Hey Omar ... Glad you will be playing this winter! Are you goint to get to bed early on Saturday nights now? Or just not bother with the whole sleeping thing?

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Nah, the xbox wheel only has floppy gear paddles and I think I am the only person that has a Fanatec wheel coming that will have 6 speed shifters and clutch.

My xbox wheel will soon be retired. Fanatec should arrive this week or next.
Greg ... that new wheel sounds cool ... guess we'll have even less of a chance beating you this year!

Mark
Old 11-02-2009, 05:52 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Pro

So far I've picked #66, and Jon has picked #39 ... anyone else have a favorite number they would like to make their own?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Granger968
Rennlist Member

12 please!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:19 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Just picked the Ltd Ed. Just have to get my daughter off the xbox now!! Number 20...like Mcqueen's 917 in LeMans
Old 11-03-2009, 12:43 AM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

I'm in - my Xbox mouth controller is working again but I don't have incremental control as in my steering, brake & throttle are on or off. No analogue but I'll swap paint! I'll take my Football (and Forrest Gump's) number #44.

My Xbox Live is: cleanme

Hey Greg, since you're getting the seat/cockpit can I buy your Buttkicker?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:01 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

buttkicker amp died, think the power supply went in it. I also will be replacing my wheel and pedals maybe you could use some parts in it?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:07 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
So far I've picked #66, and Jon has picked #39 ... anyone else have a favorite number they would like to make their own?
I'll take #1

Quick Reply: Forza 3 - 2009 / 2010 Race Season - Corvette Vs Porsche