Notices

4 post lift group buy...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 740 Likes on 481 Posts
Default 4 post lift group buy...

Sorry guys, I am no longer involved in the group buy.

Last edited by Onami; 10-02-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Zedder
If anyone is interested, we are doing a group buy on the Direct-Lift over on the Corvette Forum. We have about 5 guys so far at $200 off MSRP of $2495. 7 guys and the discount moves to $300.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/cana...t-want-in.html

So if I understand the math here; If we can get appox 25 guys to sign up we can discount the price to zero?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

2500$ - 300$ ?

is the cie far from montreal?,
i can get a brand new unit for 2500$ + 500$ for install here in mtl....

thinking....
Old 10-02-2009, 07:04 PM
hpuck
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zedder,

Thanks for the heads up on the GB. I have been watching this lift too and will likely be buying mine in the spring with the sliding jack option and install.

I would be interested if you are happy with the purchase once you have it in.

Bill
Old 10-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Last edited by Onami; 10-02-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Shemmer
Pro

I would love to get one but not sure if it will fit.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:25 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interested, send details

DRPM
Old 11-11-2009, 07:27 PM
gtoblade
2nd Gear

I hope you all have better luck with the "Direct Lift's" than I have!
I read postings on how good they were supposed to be, so I Bought one recently (4 post pro pack 9 plus) and had hidden damage from shipping which gouged and scraped it all up (on the bottom where the main runner is) and Greg Smith equipment so far has advised that when it leaves their store, its mine and not their responsibility (even tho I paid for them to ship it), so far they are gonna file a claim but been a week and no word. There are stickers on the box to call imediately if you see damage, but if you cant see it unless you unpack it...............?? BUt I did call them and advised it had some scratches i could see (not bad tooo bad where i COULD see) and advised there was a loose bolt that had fallen out of the packaging.........They assured me to unpack it and if there was a problem to contact them!
Then the wheels have holes too small for the bolts and you have to spend hours redrilling out the oblong holes, and the bolts have to be put in just right so as not to bind up the wheels. Then the control motor/unit can only be put on one end (not two like they say) the safety release lever is hit by the ramp (if you choose the end with the ramps) and you have to cut/notch out the ramp to be able to use the safety lever to lower your car, and/or not risk the ramp weight moving it for you if you reverse the configuration. And looks like it will have to be anchored, it seems it is way too wobbly to feel safe by putting 6 or 7 thousand pds above my head, especially by designers who cant get the bolts and holes right, or safety catch clearance, and know about it but dont seem to care!?
Greg Smith equipment advises that the manufacturer is aware of the problems but havent fixed it yet, I wrote the manufacturer and they wouldnt respond!!! Why would you sale something you have to modify but not tell anyone????
SO I wait (a week now) to try and get answers to finish putting my lfit together................maybe good news will come eventually, but any buying a "Direct Lift" might want to ask some questions or beware, wish I had gone another route!
I have pictures if anyone needs them to see what they may be getting into! I hope it all works out eventually but didnt expect to sit and wait on an answer, or have to modify parts when they KNEW about it!?!?!?
Old 11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 369 Posts

what car are you planning on putting on there that weighs 6 or 7 thousand pounds?
my 951 is 2900 pounds and 993 is 3350.
sorry about the lift...it seems like it is not worthy of holding a pcar? can you return it? did you use a credit card?
did you check the ones at costco?
Old 11-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

I've got a Rotary Revolution (manufacturer of very popular commercial lifts) 4 post lift. Not as cheap as some but I had mine professionally installed by the Rotary dealer and it has worked flawlessly.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Sorry for your troubles...I guess you live in the US as Greg Smith Equipment doesn't supply this area??????? About 6 guys on the Corvette forum bought these lifts, no problems reported at all and they love them. This is the first time that I have ever heard of a direct lift problem.

I also see that this is your first post here...hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Old 11-12-2009, 02:45 AM
gtoblade
2nd Gear

Yeah, my first post! I found this site thru my search for "the right" lift to buy.............. So saw several were planning to buy some and figured I would give a heads up for anyone going to buy a "direct lift" to ask some more questions!!! I wouldnt know which other one to promote but know that this one sure has been a let down!
Also been advised that "direct lift" is owned by "Rotary" (Rotary has a great rep) must be their cheaper line!? Wish I had spent more money and gone with another, but maybe they will finally make it right, but their not being very concerned about me and everyone having to do modifications seemed to rub me wrong! Will be trying the lift out tomorrow, gouged up runners and all, but after the ramp mod and wheels, and now that I anchored it, it seems better! Just think I shouldnt have to do all that when they sell it stating otherwise. Anyways, anyone in the Louisville Kentucky area who would like to see it or pics, I would be more than happy to show them. Keeping my fingers crossed on it!
Old 11-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Webtool1
Track Day

I'm gonna buy a 4 post lift from somewhere...
Old 11-13-2009, 06:02 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 346 Posts

I got my lift from these folks.
http://www.adgforward.com/
Old 02-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Nooch
Racer

Default Is this thread dead??

I just went to see ADG Forward (Mid-Way/Dixie area). Impressed by the lift, all the spares included (ramps, drip trays, jack stand ) for $2395.
Install is another $600. Mentioned to David ( VP ) about a possible group buy.
Is anyone still truly interested, as I'll forward this thread to him if we are.

Adriano

Quick Reply: 4 post lift group buy...